The issue I have with Uber Pools

Blaine Berry

This is my first time writing anything on this blog about Uber X or pool. I have been with Uber since February 2015 and I been reading the blogs on here for months. Since I am now a member I can voice how I feel because I have been holding it in for over a year. It is now time to be free LOL.

Let me get right into my issue. A couple weeks ago Uber started a promotion for the riders whereas uberpool is now more affordable than ever. I currently live in Buckhead and to take Uber pool from Buckhead to the airport is between $4.52-$5.50 for the rider.

I think this is unfair in the early morning between Monday-Friday 5am-9am because most people click on uber pool and are not getting matched with other uber pools because of the hours they are requesting pool. I believe this is ridiculous that I have to pick up riders only for an $11 payout to the airport. Since Uber is banned at the airport I cannot get any rides going towards home. This is me only making $7 once the gas is subtracted and driving a total of 36 miles for the $7 payout. This is unfair that Uber is forcing me to take these riders or my acceptance rate will be affected severely.

I am sorry, but my car isn’t a bus and its kind of weird having two distinctly individuals in my car with two types of personalities. All I am saying, I wish Uber cared more about the drivers. I have to deal with this job due to not being able to find another job. I just recently graduated from Georgia State University two months ago and its hard trying to find work at the moment so I tolerate Uber until I find something else, but I wish the company cared more about us as drivers. We are what make the business model grow. Without drivers there is NO UBER PERIOD!!! I just wish they would meet us in between. I spend more money in gas than what I am actually making on pools. Back in 2015 when I first started Uber I was making at least $600-$800 weekly with only 15-25 hours.

Now I am barely making ends meet with a total of $250-$500 weekly with putting in over 40 hours of work. I am only telling you this issue so that all of us can come together and fight for better pay. I don't have any issues with the riders on pool or Uber X because they don't know what goes on behind closed doors with the pay. If the company is going to discount pool which is nearly 43% cheaper than X then they should be taking less than 20% of my earnings. Its like Uber is discounting the fares, but still taking the same percentage which is paying me as a minimum wage job. I mean damn can we get some RESPECT. We are the reason why the company is a multi billion company.

It doesn't hurt to say that Uber X is way to cheap. I will drive someone 35 miles on X and my total payout would be $24-25. Now lets be realistic with gas subtracted I am only making $17.50. Gas is a total $7.50 and I will need three gallons to get the rider to the destination and to go back towards my direction of Buckhead. This is ludicrous $17.50 for a total of 70 miles. I am just tired of being tired. I can't wait until the day I find a job in my field which is law.

Last edited:

RightTurnClyde

This is my first time writing anything on this blog about Uber X or pool. I have been with Uber since February 2015 and I been reading the blogs on here for months. Since I am now a member I can voice how I feel because I have been holding it in for months. It is now time to be free LOL.

Let me get right into my issue. A couple weeks ago Uber started a promotion for the riders whereas uberpool is now more affordable than ever. I currently live in Buckhead and to take Uber pool from Buckhead to the airport is between $4.52-$5.50 for the rider.

I think this is unfair in the early morning between Monday-Friday 5am-9am because most people click on uber pool and are not getting matched with other uber pools because of the hours they are requesting pool. I believe this is ridiculous that I have to pick up riders only for an $11 payout to the airport. Since Uber is banned at the airport I cannot get any rides going towards home. This is me only making $7 once the gas is subtracted and driving a total of 36 miles for the $7 payout. This is unfair that Uber is forcing me to take these riders or my acceptance rate will be affected severely.

I am sorry, but my car isn’t a bus and its kind of weird having two distinctly individuals in my car with two types of personalities. All I am saying, I wish Uber cared more about the drivers. I have to deal with this job due to not being able to find another job. I just recently graduated from college two months ago and its hard trying to find work, so I tolerate Uber until I find something else, but I wish the company cared about us. We are what make the business model grow. Without drivers there is NO UBER PERIOD!!! I just wish they would meet us in between. I spend more money in gas than what I am actually making on pools. Back in 2015 when I first started Uber I was making at least $600-$800 weekly with only 25-30 hours. Now I am barely making ends meet with a total of $250-$500 weekly with putting in over 50 hours of work. I am only telling you this issue so you can give Uber my feedback on pools. I don't have any issues with the riders on pool or Uber X because they don't know what goes on behind closed doors with the pay. If the company is going to discount pool which is nearly 43% cheaper than X then they should be taking less than 20% of my earnings. Its like Uber is discounting the fares, but still taking the same percentage which is paying me as a minimum wage job. I feel better now.
Great post, thanks for sharing your truth. Sad to read about the old days sometimes because of how much we used to make. Don't worry about acceptance rate though, you can disregard ANY trips without causing deactivation. After ubers legal settlement and the stretch leading up to me quitting I had weeks where my acceptance rate was even as low as 17% toward the end. Uber didn't do anything, nor can they. I got fed up with regular uber X rates, and can't imagine how used I'd feel running a pool ride. Hope you find something soon that allows you to get out of this so you can let the next batch of suckers take over.

Last edited:

Blaine Berry

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Great post, thanks for sharing your truth. Sad to read about the old days sometimes concerning how much we used to make. Don't worry about acceptance rate though, you can disregard ANY trips without causing deactivation. After ubers legal settlement and the stretch leading up to me quitting I had weeks where my acceptance rate was even as low as 17% toward the end. Uber didn't do anything, nor can they. I got fed up with regular uber X rates, and can't imagine how used I'd feel running a pool ride. Hope you find something soon that allows you to get out of this so you can let the next batch of suckers take over.
Thank you so much RightTurnClyde. I am really feeling it and I have to deal with this until I can find work. I am just tired of being tired. Even Uber X is to cheap. All this week I been working out of Dunwoody and the mileage is 26-28 miles to the airport. My payout would be $18.46-$19.49 no more than $20 for driving someone over 20 miles. This is driving me nuts and its stressful.

Blaine Berry

I haven't accepted any since May last month, but they keep coming in. I don't want my acceptance rate to fall so low that I am potentially deactivated.

tc15

Uber X drivers are in a race to the bottom, and Uber doesn't care. When I first started Uber 2 years ago I was doing X only. I was making between 20 to 30 dollars an hour. The funny thing is I never once heard a complaint about the fare unless it was surging, and even then very little. After several rate cuts I noticed the change in ridership from people who were appreciative to people who felt like I owed them something. I was lucky to make 12-15 an hour. After gas and wear and tear on my car I was below minimum wage. I finally gave up back in January and said no more. I only do XL now and only when it's going my way or if there is a surge which is usually on Friday or Saturday nights. I swear it seems like when the clientele is getting something for very little it gives them a psychological ownership mentality over you. For me it will not happen again. I would love to see a nationwide sickout by Uber drivers for one day per week, but unfortunately there will always be those who will jump on the platform when they see the color red on the screen.

UberHoax

I can't wait until the day I find a job in my field which is law.
If you are in law or want to be, why haven't you gotten temporary jobs with staffing agencies in that field? Have things changed dramatically ... it used to be very easy to find. Driving Uber is not a good position for your career.

Even if you work in the copy room that's way better than driving for Uber.

Last edited:

UberHoax

For someone wanting uberX to be a full-time job .... you have to realize UberX is a minimum wage job! This will not change.

Yes it's true.... when you give someone an amazing deal on an ongoing basis, they treat you like a servant. That's how they continue to receive the deal and they look at you as someone who's willing to accept this behavior.

Blaine Berry

If you are in law or want to be, why haven't you gotten temporary jobs with staffing agencies in that field? Have things changed dramatically ... it used to be very easy to find. Driving Uber is not a good position for your career.

Even if you work in the copy room that's way better than driving for Uber.
Yes I been applying to all government for the past 2 months. Since I am fresh out of college a lot of temp agencies look for experience and I only have 2 years law firm experience. Temp agencies like Robert Half Legal are only are looking for 3-5 years law firm experience. Trust me I sit on my laptop everyday for at least 2 hours and apply like crazy to all government jobs or law firm jobs. The process is just slow.

Blaine Berry

Do you inform Uber when pool rides go unmatched and get paided @ UberX rates?
Yes I informed them on this issue. I haven't picked up any Uber Pool rides since beginning of May last month. The requests keep coming through causing me to be more annoyed.

ChillySM

"Since Uber is banned at the airport I cannot get any rides going towards home."

Banned at the airport? When you drop off, see the waiting time in the cue, top center of the home screen, go over to the cell phone lot on the South side (though it gets a bit packed sometimes) and it's usually worth your wait to pick up another ride, though they could be going anywhere - not necessarily in your direction.

UberBlackPr1nce

This is my first time writing anything on this blog about Uber X or pool. I have been with Uber since February 2015 and I been reading the blogs on here for months. Since I am now a member I can voice how I feel because I have been holding it in for over a year. It is now time to be free LOL.

I am sorry, but my car isn’t a bus and its kind of weird having two distinctly individuals in my car with two types of personalities. All I am saying, I wish Uber cared more about the drivers. I have to deal with this job due to not being able to find another job. I just recently graduated from Georgia State University two months ago and its hard trying to find work at the moment so I tolerate Uber until I find something else, but I wish the company cared more about us as drivers. We are what make the business model grow. Without drivers there is NO UBER PERIOD!!! I just wish they would meet us in between. I spend more money in gas than what I am actually making on pools. Back in 2015 when I first started Uber I was making at least $600-$800 weekly with only 15-25 hours.

Now I am barely making ends meet with a total of $250-$500 weekly with putting in over 40 hours of work. I am only telling you this issue so that all of us can come together and fight for better pay. I don't have any issues with the riders on pool or Uber X because they don't know what goes on behind closed doors with the pay. If the company is going to discount pool which is nearly 43% cheaper than X then they should be taking less than 20% of my earnings. Its like Uber is discounting the fares, but still taking the same percentage which is paying me as a minimum wage job. I mean damn can we get some RESPECT. We are the reason why the company is a multi billion company.

It doesn't hurt to say that Uber X is way to cheap. I will drive someone 35 miles on X and my total payout would be $24-25. Now lets be realistic with gas subtracted I am only making $17.50. Gas is a total $7.50 and I will need three gallons to get the rider to the destination and to go back towards my direction of Buckhead. This is ludicrous $17.50 for a total of 70 miles. I am just tired of being tired. I can't wait until the day I find a job in my field which is law.
If I would have made this post I would've been attacked for talking bad about uber by NuberUber better you than me. I agree with everything you said uber sucks.....

UberBlackPr1nce

And yet the OP said nothing about Uber being a "scam" or evil or deceptive in any way. Perhaps this is the difference?
Actually I just reviewed all the threads I posted in the last year and not one of them mentioined scam, evil, deceptive. I might have said they use some deceptive techniques ( back in the day). You basically just made this reply up just to see yourself type YOU ARE A LIAR.... Anyone can look at my profile and see all the threads that I've created, and it's mainly to give advice. You hijacked my threads and turned them into unnecessary arguments.

P.s why are you still here? I thought you posted awhile back that you don't drive for uber anymore.. Looks like you lied again when you said "when I stop driving for uber I'm going to stop coming here"....