1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

The importance of reporting problematic paxes

Discussion in 'New Jersey' started by SuzeCB, Jun 15, 2017.

1. SuzeCB

SuzeCB

Driving:
    UberX
    Today as I was getting ready to race out the door and go take care of an incident at my son School, I got an email from Uber letting me know that I had been suspended due to a complaint a pax or should I say pox) lodged against me. They said the usual. They were investigating and would be in touch with me shortly.

To customer service's credit, they did so within about another hour and a half. Given some of the stories, I was actually fairly impressed with how quickly they did get back to me about it.

The CSR, Steve, was quite nice. His tone was not accusatory at all. He asked me if I had any cancellations yesterday that were at all problematic. I told him about a woman who showed up with a one-year-old and no car seat that I refuse to take. I explained to him that I told her that I could wait for her to get a car seat, or that she could cancel. She insisted that I cancel, and I realized that it was more than 5 minutes since I had actually accepted the request, so I cancel the trip with rider requested I cancel as the reason, and then I sent a report immediately upon the cancellation fee being applied to my account. Yes, since it was more than five minutes after I accepted, this particular reason for canceling will generate a cancel fee. He saw my report and told me he would reactivate me immediately, which he did.

I still don't know what her exact complaint was, which I really don't like in general, because how are you supposed to answer and accusation when you don't know what the accusation is? In this particular instance it was not an issue. Hopefully I don't have any other issues arise where it will be.

2. JMW1072

JMW1072

Paz with kids who don't have car seats should be kicked off app. Not drivers. Jesus! They're breaking the law and putting their kid's life at risk. What's wrong w people?

JoeyA, driverx.nj, SuzeCB and 2 others like this.
  3. doggerel

doggerel

I completely quit driving in franklyn park (where I live) due to this issue. One out of every 2 rides is an Indian woman with a two year old with no car seat. I see them and just drive away now. I cancel, write an email and go on to my next ride. I am not even joking either. It is literally one out of two here. They aren't even rated down. Drivers are giving them rides without compunction. Uber and lyft don't care and just want their 7 dollar fares to the grocery store/restaurant and back. I send an email one week and the same rider pops up next week at 4.88 with the same child and no seat.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
  4. UberGeo

UberGeo

Sometimes the ride does not show up in my account to click on time and date radio button until hours later or the next day. When this happens do you just put in a generic help request with as much info as you remember? Why do they need to know the pax name... Like I really enter it after 20 rides?

5. SuzeCB

SuzeCB

Driving:
    UberX
    I screenshot the cancel screen immediately after accepting any requests. This gives you just about all of the information that they can possibly ask for. The only thing it doesn't give you is the destination. Every once in awhile customer service will ask you for the destination as well, but that's ridiculous because we don't know that unless we start the ride.

6. UberGeo

UberGeo

I had one pax show up at daycare 3 kids, no car seats or booster, one did not need it... Sorry, can you borrow some from the daycare? Okay then, I can't take you. OK, I cancel report, keep it moving. No problem. Got the cancel fee.

Had another with 2 who asked me... Are you sure you can't take us. Yes, ma'am, I am sure that I will not. That one I cancelled, with no charge.

Thanks, thats a good idea.

7. eronb

eronb

Last week I had a couple who had 2 cups of alcohol in them I told them I cant take them as it is against he law ofc they told me other drivers take them all the time while they drink. They Cancelled and I emailed Uber and told them not to ever match me again with them.

UberSchmuber likes this.
  8. Usalikhov

Usalikhov

Driving:
    UberX
    All pax say other drivers do that...it's like a pass slogan. Jeez.
    I had an awful pax recently. She tried being a GPS from the back seat. Idk why but as soon as i saw her i knew she wasnt a decent. I hope i'll get more experience and cancell them all at the beginning.
    Ofc she got 1 star and mine dropped by 0.01 :(

9. I tell people you can chug and Ill wait but your not getting in with it. Tell them the last person who spilled an alcoholic drink cost them an additional $40. True story.

UberSchmuber likes this.
  10. Quatro40

Quatro40

Driving:
    UberX
    Yup, last Saturday had scored a clean up fee of $80 dollars for a bottle of wine a pax was carrying from a restaurant that spilled some in my front mat. Took pic sent to Uber got cleaning fee right away. empty a water bottle on it, put heat on max to floor dried it out with fabreeze to kill the wine smell. I told every passenger afterwards that it wasn't me drinking as a joke.

11. Vagabond

Vagabond

Driving:
    UberX
    I got a "safety" complaint last week from a passenger with 2 kids who fit in seat belts who also broke my rear cupholder, and pocketed one of the parts. Their complaint cost them $50. I removed the cupholder section from my console since almost every pax was hitting it with their feet sliding over. I hope the 3 star they gave me was worth $50 and the 1 I changed their rating to.

12. ibeam23

ibeam23

Driving:
    UberX
    This is what drives me crazy. A pax makes a mess in your car or breaks something, they get hit with the fee, and then they down rate you.

13. MrChristopherK

MrChristopherK

Driving:
    UberX
    How did you change their rating...? :)

14. ibeam23

ibeam23

Driving:
    UberX
    Check out the images.

Attached Files:

MrChristopherK likes this.