The importance of reporting passenger incidents (driver falsely accused of driving intoxicated)

UberwhoIaM

Saturday night I had an issue with a group of passengers. From the moment they got into my vehicle they were on my nerves. I had not even driven 3 blocks away and ended the trip having all 3 of them exit my vehicle for open alcohol containers I didn't notice earlier. I made sure to tell them to cancel the trip so they would not be charged any additional fees and I drove around the block and parked until they did so. Whenever I have an issue with a passenger like this I never cancel myself or end the trip I should say. I always let them cancel so they don't have the ability to rate me.

After I pulled over I immediately wrote a report to Uber about the incident. Fast forward 3 hours later and 4-5 additional rides I make a drop off in center city and end my trip to find out my account is no longer active!!!!!

I immediately contact UBER support via the in app phone number and find out my account was put on hold. Long story short these people falsely accused me of being intoxicated and driving under the influence.

Upon speaking to support they saw that I had filed a report about the riders in question and verified what I wrote.

Fast forward to Monday morning (34 hours later) I was back online again. After speaking to support one more time I found out it was all due to the fact that I had filed an immediate report about my situation with these passengers. The moral of the story is, find time to pull over and send a report anytime you feel there was an issue. Although this is the worst I've ever experienced I have had other lesser issues that were resolved quickly and easily because of reports I sent in.

I don't plan on driving UBER forever but when I stop I want it to be on my terms.

Last edited:

Ride-Share-Risk-Manager

Also these kind of passengers always ask for a fare refund. You need to get up in Ubers face about these things as once they open an investigation you can be disconnected for weeks while they allegedly investigate the "serious matter". We have nine open criminal claims against passengers for their conduct in our cars. My sister and other attorneys supoenaed the Uber trust and safety teams notes and incident investigation files. They did nothing, investigated nothing, documented nothing, but disconnected our drivers to conduct their so called investigations.

jerseyboys

You are mistaken, they can still rate you.

You cannot get rated if the ride was cancelled. This is basic Uber 101.

NOW if the driver ENDS the ride but not CANCEL ( big difference). Yes, he/she can be rated.

Never end the ride unless it's the LAST resort.

Rsabcd

You cannot get rated if the ride was cancelled. This is basic Uber 101.

NOW if the driver ENDS the ride but not CANCEL ( big difference). Yes, he/she can be rated.

Never end the ride unless it's the LAST resort.

Wrong, you must have been home with a tummy ache when this was cover in class.

Once the trip has been started they can rate you regardless of how it is ended, with one exception. The exception is if you, the driver end it very short after starting without moving too far and are given the option to cancel. If you do cancel, it will be just like any other cancel, you'll even get paid if it's more than 5 minutes and you don't choose do not charge. I

If the rider cancels after the trip has started, they absolutly CAN, rate you. You, the driver however, can not rate them.

If I were you, I'd demand a refund or a free uber 101 course, if you go with the later, I suggest you pay attention!

jerseyboys

Once the trip has been started they can rate you regardless of how it is ended, with one exception. The exception is if you, the driver end it very short after starting without moving too far and are given the option to cancel. If you do cancel, it will be just like any other cancel, you'll even get paid if it's more than 5 minutes and you don't choose do not charge. I

If the rider cancels after the trip has started, they absolutly CAN, rate you. You, the driver however, can not rate them.

If I were you, I'd demand a refund or a free uber 101 course, if you go with the later, I suggest you pay attention!

You know how I know?

because I took my friend. He requested me. We tool a min ride. In the middle he canceled. The rating option DID NOT COME UP.

Try it. You're welcome.

from Uber:

"No, they cannot rate you. When a cancellation is performed on a fare, it doesn't produce a calculation value as a completed trip."

SuzeCB

Wrong. If the rider cancels, Uber absolutely will NOT let them rate. They could be scamming. Someone else could be scamming and hijacked the account holder's ride, scamming both driver and account holder.

Account holders cannot end rides like drivers can. Even when drivers end rides, if a certain distance hasn't been travelled, it comes up as a cancel and not an ending. Cancels can never be rated by either party.

This is not to say that complaints can't be lodged in either, or both, directions.

Rsabcd

You know how I know?

because I took my friend. He requested me. We tool a min ride. In the middle he canceled. The rating option DID NOT COME UP.

Try it. You're welcome.

from Uber:

"No, they cannot rate you. When a cancellation is performed on a fare, it doesn't produce a calculation value as a completed trip."
You can rate, go through the email receipt or into trip history. They CAN rate you.

Tell you what pm the address you are at right now and let's try it $100.00 says I'm right. . I'll ping you you accept and start the trip, ill cancel and one star you. If you get a 1, you pay me 100, I'll. Let you keep the mini fare.

Wrong. If the rider cancels, Uber absolutely will NOT let them rate. They could be scamming. Someone else could be scamming and hijacked the account holder's ride, scamming both driver and account holder.

Account holders cannot end rides like drivers can. Even when drivers end rides, if a certain distance hasn't been travelled, it comes up as a cancel and not an ending. Cancels can never be rated by either party.

This is not to say that complaints can't be lodged in either, or both, directions.
They can, you are wrong. 100 bucks ? Same deal.?

When ridets cancel tney get a receipt and can rate you from the receipt. I've had it happen and to make sure tested it.

jerseyboys

You can rate, go through the email receipt or into trip history. They CAN rate you.

Tell you what pm the address you are at right now and let's try it $100.00 says I'm right. . I'll ping you you accept and start the trip, ill cancel and one star you. If you get a 1, you pay me 100, I'll. Let you keep the mini fare.

They can, you are wrong. 100 bucks ? Same deal.?

When ridets cancel tney get a receipt and can rate you from the receipt. I've had it happen and to make sure tested it.

Bro

Did you read what I wrote?

UBER SAID YOU CAN"T!!!!! god almighty. these knuckleheads.

Rsabcd

Bro

Did you read what I wrote?

UBER SAID YOU CAN"T!!!!! god almighty. these knuckleheads.

I am not your bro...

Oh, uber said so it must true...lol.

$250?

Patel got confused, a canceled as in never started rode, cannot be rated. Once the ride has started and the rider cancels they cam rate you. For lack of better words, it's an ended trip, not a canceled trip. If tjey tale a partial ride, it's not canceled, it partial. Just because it says cancelled on your side doesn't mean the system counts it as canceled.

Pm your location and name so I know it's you... I'll request a ride. Post a picture of my 250 too! Bro

jerseyboys

amazing how much misinformation.

I stop reading FB groups on Uber.

tohunt4me

Saturday night I had an issue with a group of passengers. From the moment they got into my vehicle they were on my nerves. I had not even driven 3 blocks away and ended the trip having all 3 of them exit my vehicle for open alcohol containers I didn't notice earlier. I made sure to tell them to cancel the trip so they would not be charged any additional fees and I drove around the block and parked until they did so. Whenever I have an issue with a passenger like this I never cancel myself or end the trip I should say. I always let them cancel so they don't have the ability to rate me.

After I pulled over I immediately wrote a report to Uber about the incident. Fast forward 3 hours later and 4-5 additional rides I make a drop off in center city and end my trip to find out my account is no longer active!!!!!

I immediately contact UBER support via the in app phone number and find out my account was put on hold. Long story short these people falsely accused me of being intoxicated and driving under the influence.

Upon speaking to support they saw that I had filed a report about the riders in question and verified what I wrote.

Fast forward to Monday morning (34 hours later) I was back online again. After speaking to support one more time I found out it was all due to the fact that I had filed an immediate report about my situation with these passengers. The moral of the story is, find time to pull over and send a report anytime you feel there was an issue. Although this is the worst I've ever experienced I have had other lesser issues that were resolved quickly and easily because of reports I sent in.

I don't plan on driving UBER forever but when I stop I want it to be on my terms.
DOCCUMENT EVERYTHING !

C.Y.A.

UNION

WE MUST HAVE UNION.

UBER DOES NOT PAY ENOUGH FOR DRIVERS TO BE FORCED INTO UNPAID HOLIDAY ON A PASSENGERS WHIM !

UNION.

DUE PROCESS FOR DRIVERS AS IS OUR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT !

UNION !

UberwhoIaM

Good job. Thanks for the tip. I will surely take your advice and do this as I’m currently dependant on this job for now.

I will admit its a horrible and helpless feeling when something like this happens. Trying to prove you aren't intoxicated when you can't take a test or meet with someone eye to eye is rough.

I reminded them of the 4000+ rides and
Point of story. Contact them right after incident. Had a CSR call me Saturday night after I kicked out 2 drunks. Always better to heed the advice pull over get your story there first.
Thank you for understanding the point of my post.

I could careless about the rating issue.

Who ever this dude is talking about the rating part of my experience is like someone talking about the color of my car when I'm talking about being involved in an accident. Who cares what color the car is......