The "Im not Jasmine, Im Malik. Jasmine ordered the ride for me" passengers.

Are you guys okay with these types of rides? I hate them and am strongly considering not picking up any more of these types of rides. I dont drive nighttime hours so its not like someone is calling Uber for someone who is drunk. Im okay if its the car dealership's service dept requesting trip for someone dropping off their car for service, but Im not okay if I am picking you up from an apartment building off Cesar Chavez ave.

To me, this is a bit of a safety issue. How do you guys handle this, or is this just not something you are concerned with?

MOJAVE MADMAN

Are you guys okay with these types of rides? I hate them and am strongly considering not picking up any more of these types of rides. I dont drive nighttime hours so its not like someone is calling Uber for someone who is drunk. Im okay if its the car dealership's service dept requesting trip for someone dropping off their car for service, but Im not okay if I am picking you up from an apartment building off Cesar Chavez ave.

To me, this is a bit of a safety issue. How do you guys handle this, or is this just not something you are concerned with?
No chance of a tip either

3wolfmoon

NO

Phoenix123

I get them all the time, dont have an issue with it, as long as they can confirm the riders name. Yes it can cause some problems and yes their are safety issues """" with any stranger" getting into your car, but these are some of the risk you sign up for. ( Its not like Uber vets a passenger )

headtheball

I don't take them unless its a pro going to a john.

If its an @@@@@@@ looking rider, chances are they have already been kicked off uber and need someone to order for them.

UberIsAllFubared

I hate them, but if its a long ride to an airport, I do them. One of the biggest problems, its easier for the pax to claim they never got picked up since if lyft/uber is tracking their phone, the phone never gets in your car. This hasn't happened to me yet, but there is that potential headache.

And like someone said before, 95% of the time, YOU AREN'T GETTING TIPPED, since you didn't develop any kind of relationship with pax.

somedriverguy

I get them all the time, dont have an issue with it, as long as they can confirm the riders name. Yes it can cause some problems and yes their are safety issues """" with any stranger" getting into your car, but these are some of the risk you sign up for. ( Its not like Uber vets a passenger )
Hell, they let them sign up and pay with stolen credit cards. Why would they care if they followed any of the rules at all?

Juan.C

uber actually encourages it. if you type a pickup adress in another place far from you it will ask who is it for

Bartolovski

If not an airport trip then don’t take them. You don’t know who they are.

uberguyoc

Thats why I dont think names matter when picking up someone. When we arrive, Uber or Lyft should send the pax a text with a password. You dont have the password, you dont get in the car. I have people always asking whats your name and I reply I dont know, whats your name? Then we both say our names and say ok and drive off. Dumb.