The idiots have woken up.

Jack Malarkey

🤣

There’s no evidence that these requirements will apply in Australia. I suspect they won’t.

Uber has not notified Australian drivers or riders of such a requirement.

I expect Uber would make the wearing of masks by riders and drivers in apparent good health mandatory only if Australian health authorities recommended the wearing of masks in those circumstances, which they have not done.

Last edited:

Emil1959

There’s no evidence that these requirements will apply in Australia. I suspect they won’t.

Uber has not notified Australian drivers or riders of such a requirement.

I expect Uber would make the wearing of masks by riders and drivers in apparent good health mandatory only if Australian health authorities recommended the wearing of masks in those circumstances, which they have not done.
Your right

Tommy Gono

🤣

The last I heard is that the situation in Australia is that masks are in short supply and should be kept for health care workers or anybody exhibiting flu like symptoms.

Masks don't protect people from Covid 19. They are an aid for people, with flu like symptoms, to stop them spreading the virus.

Jack Malarkey

Here’s the current advice from the Australian Department of Health:

‘Surgical masks

‘If you have COVID-19, wearing a surgical mask can help to prevent spreading it to others.

‘If you are well, you do not need to wear a surgical mask. There is little evidence that widespread use of surgical masks in healthy people prevents transmission in public.

‘Find out more in our fact sheet about the use of surgical masks.’

(https://www.health.gov.au/news/heal...hers-from-coronavirus-covid-19#surgical-masks)

fraqtl

The last I heard is that the situation in Australia is that masks are in short supply and should be kept for health care workers or anybody exhibiting flu like symptoms.

Masks don't protect people from Covid 19. They are an aid for people, with flu like symptoms, to stop them spreading the virus.
This has become less of an issue now. We are starting to see many of the health related items that were in short supply back in stock (hand sanitiser, masks etc.). Aldi has packs of 50 surgical masks for $59.99. Had a large stack of them still available in store when I was in there the other day.

ghrdrd

Here’s the current advice from the Australian Department of Health:

‘Surgical masks

‘If you have COVID-19, wearing a surgical mask can help to prevent spreading it to others.

‘If you are well, you do not need to wear a surgical mask. There is little evidence that widespread use of surgical masks in healthy people prevents transmission in public.

‘Find out more in our fact sheet about the use of surgical masks.’

(https://www.health.gov.au/news/heal...hers-from-coronavirus-covid-19#surgical-masks)

Biggest load of BS. Motivation for the FAKE NEWS from the Govt here is to make enough masks available for health sector, and to stop people profiteering on ebay.
The countries that have beat the virus back, all have people wearing masks in public.
Everyone should wear a mask, that helps much more in stopping spread than the BS covid app they have you download.
Just watch infection rates here spike on public transport when all the STUPID Westerners don't wear masks - only the SMART Asians wear them.
DUMB Ozzie bogans happily sit on a packed train sucking in virus infected droplets from the 200 oher bogans in the carriage.
If you want to stop a second wave, Wear a Mask. Don't listen to the BS from the Health Dept, who have ulterior motives to keep masks out of the public and hogged in clinics and hospitals.

fraqtl

that helps much more in stopping spread than the BS covid app they have you download
The app isn't for stopping the spread, it's for contact tracing. Both are equally important.

Masks won't do much to protect you from other people's infection but will protect other people from yours. So once we have sufficient supply, we should indeed all be wearing them because if we all protect others from our own cooties, it all works out. Or it should at least.

Hopefully moving forward, it will become standard practice for people to wear something like this during flu season if they are feeling like they have something.

ST DYMPHNA son

The app isn't for stopping the spread, it's for contact tracing. Both are equally important.

Masks won't do much to protect you from other people's infection but will protect other people from yours. So once we have sufficient supply, we should indeed all be wearing them because if we all protect others from our own cooties, it all works out. Or it should at least.

Hopefully moving forward, it will become standard practice for people to wear something like this during flu season if they are feeling like they have something.
...am I slow or there is a lack of logic ???...so if I wear a mask it will protect other people but if other people wear masks it won't protect me ????...

fraqtl

...am I slow or there is a lack of logic ???...so if I wear a mask it will protect other people but if other people wear masks it won't protect me ????...
You wearing a mask doesn't protect you from others, it just protect others from you. Just like them wearing a mask doesn't protect them from you, just protects you from them. So if everyone wears one, everyone is protecting everyone else from themselves.

Having said this, with a population of 25+ million, that's a lot of masks to go through every day.

ST DYMPHNA son

You wearing a mask doesn't protect you from others, it just protect others from you. Just like them wearing a mask doesn't protect them from you, just protects you from them. So if everyone wears one, everyone is protecting everyone else from themselves.

Having said this, with a population of 25+ million, that's a lot of masks to go through every day.
....kind of not very convincing your explanation...
... if we discard a bullshit,wearing a mask is a right thing to do and regardless on whose face mask is ,it is good for everyone !!!!
...you see...I am logical and smart, you can write in English with a proper grammar...maybe we could help each other???

Last edited:

fraqtl

kind of not very convincing your explanation
Whether it convinces you is irrelevant. It's a fact and not just because I'm saying it.

regardless on whose face mask is
It's relevant because you shouldn't think yourself protected unless you are wearing a mask that forms an actual seal around your nose and mouth and has a filtration rating of P2.

I am logical and smart
This has yet to be shown. Believe it or not, I don't particularly care. There's plenty of verifiable information out there on the subject.

Juzzy

Biggest load of BS. Motivation for the FAKE NEWS from the Govt here is to make enough masks available for health sector, and to stop people profiteering on ebay.
The countries that have beat the virus back, all have people wearing masks in public.
Everyone should wear a mask, that helps much more in stopping spread than the BS covid app they have you download.
Just watch infection rates here spike on public transport when all the STUPID Westerners don't wear masks - only the SMART Asians wear them.
DUMB Ozzie bogans happily sit on a packed train sucking in virus infected droplets from the 200 oher bogans in the carriage.
If you want to stop a second wave, Wear a Mask. Don't listen to the BS from the Health Dept, who have ulterior motives to keep masks out of the public and hogged in clinics and hospitals.
Masks are only good for ugly people like me, I have nice blue eyes my only redeeming feature. :geek:

Jules66

No, a mask helps prevent you from getting the virus. Its stops you touching your nose and mouth with contaminated hands and completing the cycle. You dont need a new mask every day, just wash it.

The government statement was a disgrace, a lie told for the better good is still evil, now we cant believe anything our experts are telling us.

fraqtl

No, a mask helps prevent you from getting the virus
Not surgical masks.

As per the WHO:

Its stops you touching your nose and mouth with contaminated hands and completing the cycle
OK, that's fair enough but it's not their intended purpose. But hey, if it does that job that's good. The main problem is virus laden droplets excreted during exhalation, which surgical masks don't prevent. Or they have extremely limited ability to prevent.
You dont need a new mask every day, just wash it
Depends on the mask obviously. To be clear I'm referring to the disposible surgical type. THe cloth ones that people are making don't do much either (because of the relatively large weave of most cloth) but are washable of course.

The government statement was a disgrace, a lie told for the better good is still evil, now we cant believe anything our experts are telling us
That's going a bit far I think.

Immoralized

Any type of barrier around the mouth and nose is better then none. If a mask and any mask is good enough to help preventing transmission it just as equally effective in reducing the chance of a person getting it. Works both ways and if it didn't then it would be next to useless in preventing transmission.

The more effective masks are N95/P2 as they form a complete seal & filters out 95%. The government and health experts spreading misinformation about any type of mask and stating they are ineffective which is a blatant lie.

Most do have a good immune system and the covid19 will bounce off them and they won't present any symptoms even if they do manage to catch it. That the real danger is carriers that don't have their mouths and faces covered coming into contact with the severely vulnerable.

fraqtl

Any type of barrier around the mouth and nose is better then none
No doubt. Better than none does not been "good" though
it just as equally effective in reducing the chance of a person getting it
The reason this isn't the case with surgical masks is that they don't form a seal around the nose and mouth.

Works both ways and if it didn't then it would be next to useless in preventing transmission.
Again, not quite. Surgical masks catch a lot of the droplet's etc that are exhaled because it's right next to the mouth.
The more effective masks are N95/P2 as they form a complete seal & filters out 95%
Just because they are n95/P2 doesn't mean they form a seal. All it means is that it filters 95% of particulate matter that passes through the filter. If there's no seal then a lot of stuff is going to go round the sides and thus be unfiltered.

Not quite. Takes 10
will bounce off them
Not quite, takes 10ish days to form an immune response and one of the reasons it's more serious is that the body doesn't create as strong an immune response in the upper respiratory tract, which is what it primarily effects.

That the real danger is carriers that don't have their mouths and faces covered coming into contact with the severely vulnerable.
Those ones above you've said it will "bounce off" are carriers until the immune system clears it out.