The Ham Shuffle

Lissetti

Rebel Honey Badger
Article Manager
pineapple-glazed-ham.jpg

Uber driver refuses couple’s ride over Christmas ham
Perth Australia.

A war veteran and his wife were left stranded on the side of the road by their Uber driver after a bizarre debacle with a Christmas ham.

Peter and Marion Archibald could not believe their luck when they scored a leg of ham in their local RSL raffle. (Formerly called. Returned Sailor's Soldier's Airmen's Imperial League of Australia (RSSAILA) The Returned and Services League, Australia (RSL) is a support organisation for men and women who have served or are serving in the Defence Force.)

Shortly after hopping in an Uber post-night out, the Archibalds were kicked to the curb by their driver.

“The guy said, ‘what’s that, what is it’?” Mr Archibald said.

After telling him it was a leg of ham, “the guy said ‘no no, trip cancelled, trip cancelled’.”

“As soon as he saw it’s a leg of ham he said ‘I'm Muslim, ride’s finished’, and drove off.”

The unusual roadblock meant the couple had to call friends and ask for a lift home – a task made even more frustrating after after discovering they had been charged $10 for the cancelled trip.

“If you’re going to work in dealing with the public, these things are going to come across so you have to ask yourself are you in the right job,” Mr Archibald said.

Uber told 7NEWS Perth if the Archibalds had an issue, they could go to the help section of the Uber app.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/perth/uber-driver-refuses-couples-ride-due-to-christmas-ham-ng-b881416577z

waldowainthrop

Little did they know that the last 🍗 of the trip could be completed by any other Uber or Lyft driver. Don’t like your driver? Driver doesn’t like you? Order another one. Refund is on the way if it really was that bad.

I do kind of agree that this driver should be in another line of work if he can’t take a ham as a third passenger. I’m vegetarian and I drove a lot of revolting meat around.

doyousensehumor

Little did they know that the last 🍗 of the trip could be completed by any other Uber or Lyft driver. Don’t like your driver? Driver doesn’t like you? Order another one. Refund is on the way if it really was that bad.

I do kind of agree that this driver should be in another line of work if he can’t take a ham as a third passenger. I’m vegetarian and I drove a lot of revolting meat around.
Good way to put it.

Lissetti

Rebel Honey Badger
Article Manager
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yeah I could see if it was like shellfish or peanut butter and he had an allergy...still, he shouldn't be driving people if he cant be in an environment with items that people would normally carry around. (i.e. grocery store pick ups..... What? He's going to ask every pax if they bought bacon at the store?)

tohunt4me

View attachment 390901

Perth Australia.

A war veteran and his wife were left stranded on the side of the road by their Uber driver after a bizarre debacle with a Christmas ham.

Peter and Marion Archibald could not believe their luck when they scored a leg of ham in their local RSL raffle. (Formerly called. Returned Sailor's Soldier's Airmen's Imperial League of Australia (RSSAILA) The Returned and Services League, Australia (RSL) is a support organisation for men and women who have served or are serving in the Defence Force.)

Shortly after hopping in an Uber post-night out, the Archibalds were kicked to the curb by their driver.

After telling him it was a leg of ham, “the guy said ‘no no, trip cancelled, trip cancelled’.”

“As soon as he saw it’s a leg of ham he said ‘I'm Muslim, ride’s finished’, and drove off.”

The unusual roadblock meant the couple had to call friends and ask for a lift home – a task made even more frustrating after after discovering they had been charged $10 for the cancelled trip.

“If you’re going to work in dealing with the public, these things are going to come across so you have to ask yourself are you in the right job,” Mr Archibald said.

Uber told 7NEWS Perth if the Archibalds had an issue, they could go to the help section of the Uber app.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/perth/uber-driver-refuses-couples-ride-due-to-christmas-ham-ng-b881416577z
Ask him to bake a " Gay Cake ".
Post automatically merged:

Was it a service ham or just a comfort ham?
service pig
Post automatically merged:

90% of Pax can be classified as Revolting Meat.

Attachments

uberdriverfornow

it would be more believable if the link worked

but my guess is its a fake story they put out yet again to stir the masses, to get people to fight each other

Lissetti

Rebel Honey Badger
Article Manager
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Wonkytonk

I suspect the ham was a reason given because the driver thought such a reason would be seen as reasonable maybe. Really that driver was probably just angry about a short ride taking rider who took their sweet @$$ time getting to the car with smelly food.

I'll bet he got more from that 10 dollar cancel fee than he would have gotten taking the fare to their destination.

I men I wouldn't have done that for either reason; the ham; or the short ride; well on the short ride.... I mean 10 bucks VS say 3, that's kind of a no brainer really.

peteyvavs

View attachment 390901

Perth Australia.

There’s the catch, Uber doesn’t want the public too know what many of their foreign drivers are like.