The good old days, the good old rates!

kc ub'ing!

Relative newcomer here. I've made it clear in several posts, I'm in between jobs and having a ball driving for Uber! I've been equally clear with my disdain for the abundance of bitter, "Fuber" hating posts on this board. I haven't experienced a rate cut. My market has been $1.10 a mile and $0.20 per minute since my beginning. I'm grateful for the $500-$800 I rake each each week but have nothing to compare it to.. I assume from the complaints; most here used to do a lot better!

My chief complaint about Uber is their inaccessibility when I need support. I've been lucky with pax. After 772 rides, I've only had one I felt like tossing. Most have been cool, interesting people! I do hate the non-talkers, So boring! My point is, I don't hate driving for Uber but it seems the majority who post here do. So tell me about the good old days when rideshare was fun and profitable.

Flarpy

Glad you like it, OP. Tell us, what's your net hourly rate doing this gig? That's gross income minus gas and depreciation (say 10 cents a mile) divided by the time spent sitting in your car whether you're actually driving or not.

I have a feeling the people who enjoy this job are ones who feel they're making respectable money at it. Which is pretty subjective. I didn't start looking online for this forum until I realized the money I was making was not at a level that I thought was fair for my efforts. I have a feeling many of the people here are in the same boat whereas the happy ones don't bother.

K'c ubing I have had the same problem with tech support. They kept emailing me for a certain document and I sent it to them. Then, they had some generic email asking for the same thing again. I called them out on it but it took 5-6 emails before they noticed. They were emailing me on the Uber app and regular account online.