The game has changed

tmart

Prior to the flat surge when that came around 6 months ago compensation has been steadily on the decline , heck even three months ago I would still make a buck-fifty ish every Friday and Saturday night ( incl the previous two and a half years) now I have to drive from 6 to midnight (6 hours)to make a hundred on avg.. and put a ton of miles in my car every week , I just don't know if the juice is worth the squeeze anymore

tmart

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah trying new things might help BTW though how did you get all long trips. You work in the KC Market ya? X or xl?

Alkaiser726

I do X. And yeah, I live in Lee's Summit and work mostly Power & Light shenanigans.

As for how I got mostly long trips, I'd say it was a combination of luck and clever use of the destination filter.

A good portion of those are also just short trips with the $ Surge attached. I have my ways of finessing the system.

jfinks

Nice, I used to do the 9-3 time but it has seemed to go flat in the OP area. I can see Lee's summit being good, I've had some good trips from Down town to Lees summit and stay busy in LS when I am there. However it is too far for me to just drive there to work, I'd do better going to Lawrence.

tmart

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nice, I used to do the 9-3 time but it has seemed to go flat in the OP area. I can see Lee's summit being good, I've had some good trips from Down town to Lees summit and stay busy in LS when I am there. However it is too far for me to just drive there to work, I'd do better going to Lawrence.
Cool

Alkaiser726

Something else to keep an eye out for would be any events that happen at that Providence Medical Center Amphitheater down near Legends in Kansas.

Almost always surges to like a $17 flat after a show there. So even if you just drop someone off at a motel down the street, that's $20 and you can probably grab someone else before the surge dies.

I got lucky one time and got a ride going back to Lee's Summit for like $100.

DiceyDan

Something else to keep an eye out for would be any events that happen at that Providence Medical Center Amphitheater down near Legends in Kansas.

Almost always surges to like a $17 flat after a show there. So even if you just drop someone off at a motel down the street, that's $20 and you can probably grab someone else before the surge dies.

I got lucky one time and got a ride going back to Lee's Summit for like $100.
This use to be my secret area about 2-3 years ago, surges were very good 3.5 - 5X usually easy 100.00 rides. This gig is most definitely not worth it anymore. I use to do 30-40+ hours a week, now I'm down to 2-5hrs if any.

John McYeet

I always check the surge prices when the bars let out downtown and saw the past two weekends they got up to $10. Before then I think the highest I saw them was $5. Also the providence amphitheater works out really well. Worked the rob zombie and marlin Manson concert not to long ago and was pretty easy to pick up pax after the show. I think the only time it’s worth it is after events or big surge airport rides. Driving with no surge attached is pretty much loosing money at least driving the X option is that way.