The full time experiment is over for me!

Cunningdrew

This is not worthy of a thread, I know. But here it is anyway.

Lost my job in August and in November was finally approved for rideshare. December was a great month and the 50 rides to 5% was so good! By the time the weekend came around it was all gravy. Needless to say that January has sucked.

I've finally been offered a full time white collar desk gig again as an IT Snr Project Manager working for Red Cross Lifeblood. I start next week so this Australia Day weekend will be my last hurrah! Will probably keep ride-sharing on the busy weekend nights when I want to get away from the family or earn some extra coin, but for now the driving all night has been too much for my little brain to handle.... and that of my 5 year old who wants me home at night.

Has been fun folks and thanks for being so welcoming. :smiles:

fraqtl

Lost my job in August and in November was finally approved for rideshare. December was a great month and the 50 rides to 5% was so good! By the time the weekend came around it was all gravy. Needless to say that January has sucked.

I've finally been offered a full time white collar desk gig again as an IT Snr Project Manager working for Red Cross Lifeblood. I start next week so this Australia Day weekend will be my last hurrah! Will probably keep ride-sharing on the busy weekend nights when I want to get away from the family or earn some extra coin, but for now the driving all night has been too much for my little brain to handle.... and that of my 5 year old who wants me home at night.

Congratulations and good luck in your new job!

UberPoolNo

Congrats mate. I'm an IT contractor myself (Sydney based) and I still drive for fun rather than pure necessity of putting food on the table.
how sad get hobby and life and friends
Post automatically merged:

well done
Ft the uber only good for those with no life friend or family

lots bed time stores with 5 year old coming up

zanboor

Congrats mate. I'm an IT contractor myself (Sydney based) and I still drive for fun rather than pure necessity of putting food on the table.
Because you are a contractor and registered to pay GST for rideshare, does that mean you pay gst on your other job as well? Is it worth it?

Rockrider

Good luck with the new role..
Cheers..