The first major analyst calls on Lyft are out and they're bullish:

Aerodrifting

I wish people are smart enough to realize doesn't matter what kind of growth Lyft gets, It still won't matter because whatever market growth they gain is Uber's loss. Lyft claims they have 30% market share in ridesharing business, Meaning Uber pretty much owns the rest 70%, If Lyft double their market share again this year, It will be 60%/40%, Basically Uber and Lyft switching places, Uber is not making any money at current market share meaning Lyft wouldn't be either.

uber-xxx

Credit Suisse analyst Stephen Ju, who initiated coverage with an outperform rating and $95 price target, told clients not to worry about short-term stock moves and focus on the company's strong fundamentals.
"Lyft offers the consumer for the first time in history the option to rent transportation capacity on an as-needed basis," Ju wrote. "As Lyft's stated goal is to offer that Transportation as a Service platform, the addressable market of $1.2 trillion in US transportation spend does seem appropriate over the longer term."

Anyone who buys into “analysts” like this one deserve their fate.

What cracks me up the most is this guy claiming Lyft offers as-needed transportation as a competitive edge. Most people buy or rent cars to provide the daily (as-needed) commute to work. The people that dont drive to work are unlikely to switch, especially given the inevitable price increase.

beebob

Anyone who buys into “analysts” like this one deserve their fate.

What cracks me up the most is this guy claiming Lyft offers as-needed transportation as a competitive edge. Most people buy or rent cars to provide the daily (as-needed) commute to work. The people that dont drive to work are unlikely to switch, especially given the inevitable price increase.
Is that your “objective” view point Mr Lyft hater? LOL ???
nice try @iheartuber ?

EphLux

Lyft and Uber IPO house of cards is only successful because finances, economics, and investing is not taught in the schools.

Lyft and Uber predicament is simple physics.

The physics: Uber and Lyft are spending more money than they are taking in.

To turn a profit, they have to raise passenger fares, (or create additional revenue stream ie advertisement?) and/or lower driver pay.

Uber and Lyft will continue to lower what passenger are charged due to unregulated price competition with one another.

Uber and Lyft will continue to lower driver pay below minimum wage (livable minimum wage after expenses).

Uber and Lyft have no way to control their pricing. Passengers will continue to chose the lowest fare until that fare is $0.00.

There is no loyalty to the driver app for driver, as driver is vested only in his vehicle and whichever app pays the most for a given shift.

There is no loyalty to the passenger app for passenger, as passenger will choose what is cheapest.

Bartolovski

Lyft and Uber IPO house of cards is only successful because finances, economics, and investing is not taught in the schools.

Lyft and Uber predicament is simple physics.

The physics: Uber and Lyft are spending more money than they are taking in.

To turn a profit, they have to raise passenger fares, (or create additional revenue stream ie advertisement?) and/or lower driver pay.

Uber and Lyft will continue to lower what passenger are charged due to unregulated price competition with one another.

Uber and Lyft will continue to lower driver pay below minimum wage (livable minimum wage after expenses).

Uber and Lyft have no way to control their pricing. Passengers will continue to chose the lowest fare until that fare is $0.00.

There is no loyalty to the driver app for driver, as driver is vested only in his vehicle and whichever app pays the most for a given shift.

There is no loyalty to the passenger app for passenger, as passenger will choose what is cheapest.
Back in the day the pax were loyal to Uber. Most were fanboys and fangirls constantly talking about how awesome this service was.

But when Uber and Lyft raced to the bottom, they also killed their brand value and lost almost all the loyalty by constantly emphasizing the discounts, reward programs etc.

Now the pax became cheap and turned into groupon customers. There’s no loyalty whatsoever and if another rideshare company with a cheaper price would pop up tomorrow, the majority would switch in a heart beat.

beebob

You should have read the articles I posted on UBS.

BTW, I have family way up the ladder at UBS. They make Gordon Geko look like a Boy Scout.
Geko was a fictional character from a movie, like ur “family”
Learn the difference between real world
and your fantasy island

Carbuncle

Geko was a fictional character from a movie, like ur “family”
Learn the difference between real world
and your fantasy island

The GG reference is valid because it simply references a behavioral trait everyone can recognize.

And I’d be happy to introduce you to my family for verification.