Inshur

The fares are too low.

jayt2

That we have to work extra hard to earn anything. And it don't surge like it useto. Will the fares go up?

taxiapplover

£4.00 minimum plus £1.00 per mile plus £0.05 per minute. Soon the rates will drop upto that level. Merry Christmas

London UberExec Driver

An increase in fares, could also mean an increase in commission as well.

They may also being to implement a sliding scale of commission rates, too as they doing in the U.S. where the more trips you, the less commission they take.

johndoe2015

An increase in fares, could also mean an increase in commission as well.

They may also being to implement a sliding scale of commission rates, too as they doing in the U.S. where the more trips you, the less commission they take.
Commission is a percentage, so an increase in fares will automatically increase commission rate. The limit will be reached eventually, too many drivers are dropping out as quickly as they join, it's already a the same figure in the U.S, as many have left as have joined, and with the Tories cracking down on immigration Uber will soon run out of drivers. They'll have to up the fares to keep the workforce from retreating back to regular operators as is what is currently happening. That's my prediction anyway.

jayt2

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You get a ping. Pick up pax. Job say's 30min. You think its going to be a £17-20 job. Drop of pax and its only £13 lol

uberR

Traffic is bad! That's why I try to do my hours out of peak hours when not much traffic. But if u doing ft I guess not much choice.

uberak

Hardly any work though at night weekday nights used to be much better than weekends.. easy 150 to 200 in 6hrs not anymore though they say summer holidays but I suspect it will be any good too many drivers

D1991

too many night drivers now have u had a look at gatwick nights ? 100 drivers sometimes tesco car park filled up with uber drivers

jayt2

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
too many night drivers now have u had a look at gatwick nights ? 100 drivers sometimes tesco car park filled up with uber drivers
True. On a night shift, every other car on the road is a Uber. And the work has dried up on nights too.

Ubend R.S.

funny enough friday night i didn't see a prius on the A40 coming into town and didn't see my first one in town for 50mins. very very few around friday and saturday night. wondered if they were all at the ports or if a big do was on somewhere just outta town. saw loads sunday but mostly empty.

Ubend R.S.

wait till TFL open the flood gates when they start issuing new operator's licences to app based operators, for then uber will be but a distant memory
aye, things can only get worse. deregulation is fast approaching and i'm sure Lyft are waiting in the wings. the moment they get the go ahead it'll be game up for both you and i. those 'orrible cheapskate POBs that think they know your job will be able to come out and do it. the gridlock trying to get near soho/leicester sq/covent garden on a friday/saturday night will leave you plying for hire round nottinghill, chelsea, fulham. in other words the areas that us taxis now choose to work instead of sitting empty on piccadilly for 50 mins.

i once thought our saving grace was the wheelchair access. no right minded authority would ever drop that legislation. however it has become the albatross that steers us slowly to our death. my last wheelchair job was 3 weeks ago and the fare was less than £5.00. can't remember the one before that. £42,000 for a vehicle that caters to a clientele that just isn't there. the public think we all do the same job as they can now hire cars without prebooking. even uber drivers don't understand the difference. i got out to move one off our edgeware rd rank and he said but i am a taxi. he was confused as to why i was moving him. the only real benefit the ramp allows us is the use of bus lanes but in truth it's the customers benefit not so much ours.

the difference in pay is getting closer. no doubt with the extra cost of zero emission capability soon to come the difference will be no more. as one door closes another one opens and all that.

pingpongman

aye, things can only get worse. deregulation is fast approaching and i'm sure Lyft are waiting in the wings. the moment they get the go ahead it'll be game up for both you and i. those 'orrible cheapskate POBs that think they know your job will be able to come out and do it. the gridlock trying to get near soho/leicester sq/covent garden on a friday/saturday night will leave you plying for hire round nottinghill, chelsea, fulham. in other words the areas that us taxis now choose to work instead of sitting empty on piccadilly for 50 mins.

i once thought our saving grace was the wheelchair access. no right minded authority would ever drop that legislation. however it has become the albatross that steers us slowly to our death. my last wheelchair job was 3 weeks ago and the fare was less than £5.00. can't remember the one before that. £42,000 for a vehicle that caters to a clientele that just isn't there. the public think we all do the same job as they can now hire cars without prebooking. even uber drivers don't understand the difference. i got out to move one off our edgeware rd rank and he said but i am a taxi. he was confused as to why i was moving him. the only real benefit the ramp allows us is the use of bus lanes but in truth it's the customers benefit not so much ours.

the difference in pay is getting closer. no doubt with the extra cost of zero emission capability soon to come the difference will be no more. as one door closes another one opens and all that.
I suppose the name of the beast is globalisation, in whatever form, be it uber or McDonald's, and skilled but profitable old fashion trades such as yours are it's favourite meal, but I think unlike the minicabs, London's black cabs can fight back using the same weaponry, because thru the unions, you've got the ability for dialogue and the necessary infrastructure to start your own company