1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

The elephant in the room...market is over saturated with drivers

Discussion in 'Austin' started by F-uber, Sep 11, 2015.

1. F-uber

F-uber

Thoughts? That is what I see out there. Great for passengers, but sucks for drivers.

What is even more galling is that with the abundance of of transport options available, most people still seem to drive their own auto into downtown. That is a killer.

Why hasn't the word gotten out that it is now very easy to get a ride? And that is ridiculous to risk a DUI with so many options.

Should Austin regulate the amount of drivers on the streets? Should cabbies have the option of a daily lease, rather than a weekly one, so they could choose when to work like TNCs can?

there will always be class warfare between drivers and their owners, that is a given. Having said that, the over saturation is an issue that must be addressed.

2. HornsFan

HornsFan

Ummmm....nope. Free market. The system seems to be working just fine. The more people take Ubers the more they realize how fantastic they are and therefor the more they use them. I'm not sure what is so confusing about all of this to you?

This feels like a cabbie post that should be posted on a cabbie forum. I thought this was for Uber drivers?

3. F-uber

F-uber

If the system works fine, then why do most of you complain so much?

I am not the least bit confused and I don't believe in the God of the free market, but rather fair compensation for all drivers who risk their lives and vehicles to serve idiot drunks.

If you don't want me here, ignore me and report to the mods. I think I posed a serious question.

TwoFiddyMile likes this.
  4. TwoFiddyMile

TwoFiddyMile

Driving:
    Taxi
    Shill! Shill $

5. TwoFiddyMile

TwoFiddyMile

Driving:
    Taxi
    Uber is greatest at pro Uber propaganda.
    Taking on "Big Taxi" which basically doesn't exist was their first victory in media blitz.
    Their other victory was abusing the free market concept to flood the market with available drivers.
    Cab medallion/permit caps are in place for a very good reason- one you are painfully experiencing right now.
    "What if we could.develop a 1:1 ratio of drivers to riders?" Uber management asks.
    Uber never wants to lose a ping commission. They could.care leSS about your driver commission.
    And THIS is why the taxi community MUST survive.

6. F-uber

F-uber

I guess these folks work for 22 Cents a word. Or they are full-fledged idiots.

TwoFiddyMile likes this.
  7. Fuzzyelvis

Fuzzyelvis

Driving:
    UberX
    New or Uber plant? Which are you?

UberBroke likes this.
  8. TwoFiddyMile

TwoFiddyMile

Driving:
    Taxi
    I truly think Uber encourages tbeir CSRs overseas to create UP accounts and shill between canned email responses.
    Uber is great!"
    "We're sorry about you being arrested at Newark International. Our.legal team will try and spring you by Christmas".

.22 a minute would be Fantastic. I have 11,000 posts on my bass guitar forum, and im.pretty mouthy here.
    Imagine the payout typing 30 WPM with my thumbs!
    Filipinos get about $3 per hour as voice CSRs- I bet it's far lower for an email queue.

9. F-uber

F-uber

Me thinks the thread has been totally derailed now.

I still want to know how it is beneficial to have drivers working the worst hours to serve a bunch of losers who vomit and urinate on one another, for minimal pay.

UberBroke likes this.
  10. Fuzzyelvis

Fuzzyelvis

Driving:
    UberX
    When their profile says "new member" just ignore their defense of Uber. They're either ignorant (new) or an Uber shill. A few are in markets where they're not getting screwed too hard (yet). But don't let them do the "only Uber drivers allowed here" routine. Stupid to try to kick out folks who've been in this business before Uber even existed.

To answer the original question I think Travis wants driver saturation to always outpace riders. So no looking for riders very much. He lets word of mouth do that. But he has to try harder to get drivers to do his ****ty job.

If he can get 2 new drivers for every new pax he's happy. Course that's a few rides a week for that new driver. Not enough to make a living.

TwoFiddyMile likes this.
  11. Fuzzyelvis

Fuzzyelvis

Driving:
    UberX
    Beneficial to whom? Pretty sure Travis is happy.

Me, not so much.

TwoFiddyMile likes this.
  12. HornsFan

HornsFan

We come here to complain because THIS IS AN UBER FORUM!!!! And people will always have things to ***** about!! How is that difficult to understand??

You, as a cabbie, are getting your fair compensation. If you are not then take it up with your employer. But it has absolutely ZERO place here on this forum.

Your question was poorly posed and deserved the answer it got.

13. TwoFiddyMile

TwoFiddyMile

Driving:
    Taxi
    Psst!
    He's not the cabbie I am.
    Send someone an email about parking tickets.
    Ikaw Gago.

14. HornsFan

HornsFan

Maybe
    New Members have nothing to offer!! Yawn!! Spoken like a petty, self righteous cretin.

If you keep responding to cabbies who are baiting real Uber drivers and this forum then you are distracting from actually accomplishing anything on here for the members and Uber drivers who might actually stand to benefit. He is not asking any questions that have merit. He is asking things to stroke his own insecurities and pissiness over the fact that he is losing money to Uber and doesn't know what to do about it.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
  15. F-uber

F-uber

As a cabbie, I can assure anyone that we are f'ed in the butt so much that we can't even feel it anymore.

Maybe i am depressed, but I think the TNCs will ultimately turn out the same, for better or worse, as the cab scene.

TwoFiddyMile likes this.
  16. HornsFan

HornsFan

Are any of you even serious?? So if an Uber driver defends ANYTHING about the entire platform of Uber then they are a company shill and a newbie, etc?? Do you even hear yourself?? NO ONE hates Uber more than I do. NO ONE!!!! But Cabbies coming on here and talking trash is not helping anything or anybody. Read the other 13,756 forum posts about Uber over saturating the market with UBER drivers. This is ground that has been well covered and I am welcome to cover again. Because it's total bull****. But I don't care to hear from a cabbie whining about how there are too many drivers on the streets...blah, blah...something must be done. Go cry on a Taxi website or if you are going to be here then contribute something positive.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
    CommanderXL likes this.
  17. F-uber

F-uber

Tell me the question has no merit after you have waited 2 or more hours for a trip. You are baiting yourself.

UberBroke likes this.
  18. F-uber

F-uber

Once again, ignore me and report to mods.

I trust your count of 13,756 posts, I just missed a handful.

19. HornsFan

HornsFan

Yes, I realize you are getting ****ed. On some level I feel sorry for you but I have also lived in austin for 25 years and cabs have sucked mightily for a long, long time. So I also couldn't care less. But Uber Drivers are not the problem nor your enemy. If you have a bone to pick then take it up with your boss or consider other employment. We are all just regular people who are taking advantage of an opportunity to make money and provide a service. To condemn us as if we have somehow wronged you is way off base and will resolve NOTHING for you personally.

20. Fuzzyelvis

Fuzzyelvis

Driving:
    UberX
    The only difference between uber and a cab to the pax will soon be the ability of a cab to do street hails and the cheap price and dependability (because there are so many) of an uber. All the BS about Uber being better because of clean cars, nice English speaking drivers will be gone soon.

F-uber and TwoFiddyMile like this.