The COVID-19 Coronavirus Thread

Karl Marx

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I’d rather have the Coronavirus than listen to Bon Jovi.
I'm actually listening to Murray Perahia Mozart: Concerto No. 17 in C Major for Piano and Orchestra, K 453 CBS Masterworks.

I'm so fortunate to have inherited my father's music CD's and Record library. Great music for doing IRS return.

The Youtube I found is in G Major. CD quality is always the best with no compression loss.

citytypeofguy

I'm actually listening to Murray Perahia Mozart: Concerto No. 17 in C Major for Piano and Orchestra, K 453 CBS Masterworks.

I'm so fortunate to have inherited my father's music CD's and Record library. Great music for doing IRS return.

The Youtube I found is in G Major. CD quality is always the best with no compression loss.

My fav piece of music of all time “23 in A k.488 II adagio”

Karl Marx

Do you have something against Captain Obvious?
My apology for some of the sad news today.

At the end of the article please note, " The woman, a resident of Kanagawa prefecture near Tokyo, was the mother-in-law of a taxi driver who also became a newly confirmed case, Japanese media reported."

Post automatically merged:

London coronavirus patient turned up at hospital in Uber taxi

Finally some good news to report and not sure why it took so long. The test kits they had to recall are going to be replaced in the next few days.

CDC will begin using the national flu surveillance tracking system with health departments in 5 cities to test patients with flu-like symptoms for coronavirus. This is an important step that’ll help identify outbreaks earlier. The cities are SF, LA, ATL, Chicago, NY. I would think Canadian Health care officials will start to do the same. Look forward to an announcement today or tomorrow.

"About six weeks ago, China was reporting on the first 41 cases of confirmed #coronavirus in that country. Singapore and Hong Kong have now each hit 50 cases. Modeling suggests that the time from first introduction to epidemic spread is about 10 weeks."

Dr. Scott Gottlieb

Last edited:

Karl Marx

I voting that the best tweet of the entire Covid 19 UP Academy Wards thread.

Now back too are regularly schedule doom and gloom thread.

“This virus is probably with us beyond this season, beyond this year, and I think eventually the virus will find a foothold and we will get community-based transmission,” Redfield said. “You can start to think of it in the sense like seasonal flu.”

US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Dr. Robert Redfield

Ashoor

I just hope this virus doesn’t impact any of this yeat’s 3 sporting events: Olympics, Euro Cup and Copa America!

Yam Digger

this was not going to be a private capital investment to make a vaccine but rather a government and private joint venture that will involve billions to finance.
....And they should mail the final bill 💵 to Xi Jinping himself, since it was his government’s bungling that caused the epidemic in the first place!
The Uber driver is probably infected. Luckily they have NHS and he doesn't have to worry about cost of visit to the hospital.
Even then: I doubt he wants the hassle.
they put the IBM Selectric on my desk
I remember those typewriters. I worked as an electronics technician at a place that serviced them. With a modicum of maintenance, those things could last a few centuries.
Bon Jovi never killed anyone 💀

MUGATS

....And they should mail the final bill 💵 to Xi Jinping himself, since it was his government’s bungling that caused the epidemic in the first place!

I remember those typewriters. I worked as an electronics technician at a place that serviced them. With a modicum of maintenance, those things could last a few centuries.

Bon Jovi killed Rock and Roll for about 3 years in the 80’s. It still persists today with women 40-50 years old bothering their husbands to go see that crap

Karl Marx

The editor next door to my office would knock on my door about mid afternoon to tell me to stop typing because the typewriter made too much noise and it disturbed his mid afternoon nap. He was our best editor and he had privileges that anyone today would kill for. It was interesting that from time to time he would ask me to proof a paragraph or two and I never ever found a mistake. Those typewriters were indestructible and in the few years I had it not once did I ever have an issue. The editor next door had these boxes outside his office one morning, he never arrived until after 10 AM, they contained the new IBM PC. He was absolutely pissed and swearing when I heard him arrive as he was dragging the boxes into his office. I recall he was only the 2nd or 3rd person in Canada to have this world changing device, we didn't see him for a week as he was off in the U.S. doing a course on how to use the machine and software.
Post automatically merged:

I just hope this virus doesn’t impact any of this yeat’s 3 sporting events: Olympics, Euro Cup and Copa America!
Just hearing this morning that huge swaths of Vietnam are now under quarantine and in Japan the taxi driver gave the virus to his mother in law and authorities aren't sure where the taxi driver picked up the virus. I think the Olympics will most definitely need to be cancelled. You couldn't give me free tickets to any of those venues. Hearing restaurants in Tokyo were empty last night. When this virus hits a big American city it will be interesting to see how Americans react. They love their college and professional sports in large public venues.

Chinese authorities just declared war measures act and order from Xi to build an additional 100,000 beds in and around Wuhan and neighbouring smaller cities. Also doing quarantines of entire blocks of apartments and people are having food and supplies sent to their door. Many people not being counted because people are dying in their apartments. It isn't a wonder why the stats coming out are so suspicious.

Last edited:

Kurt Halfyard

Author
Those typewriters were indestructible and in the few years I had it not once did I ever have an issue.
I learned to type on a IBM Selectric beast. Our school didn't have computers yet. At one point I could type almost 100 words per minute. It might have been the most useful and practical class I took in high school.

Karl Marx

I learned to type on a IBM Selectric beast. Our school didn't have computers yet. At one point I could type almost 100 words per minute. It might have been the most useful and practical class I took in high school.
I didn't take typing in high school, we were expected to go to university and the bulk of us would have secretarial support in our careers. Looking back now it must have been very annoying for my office mates to hear my chicken pecking sounds emanate from my office. One time one of the secretaries came into my office and she couldn't stand it anymore and asked me what I was typing. I told her it was notes from a meeting I had attended. She ripped the papers from my hand and said," I will do it, you're driving us nuts."

Seems to be a quiet morning on the Pandemic front.

Last edited:

Karl Marx

Well, it is SUMMER there at the moment....
The Director of the CDC has yet to be contacted by the Chinese authorities about the USA's offer of assistance for combating the Covid 19 Virus. Here is an article about some of Dr. Scott Gottlieb's take on the stats coming out of China.

Last edited: