The COVID-19 Coronavirus Thread

Uberring

Well, The reports say that COVID-19 seems to hit men harder than women ! And killing men twice more than women.
Experts say it could be due to men are smoking & drinking alcohol more and with some other factors.
Keep up the good work boys 🤣

Yam Digger

Geez, the guy is mad!

Mr. Trudeau: for the love of God and everything holy, keep the US/Canada border CLOSED!

I predict that with Bonzo The Clown in the Oval Office, America is going to have the mother-of-all epidemics.

Keep the Yankees out of Canada until this pandemic is completely over.
Activities like this are highly useful for excising defective genetic material from the human gene pool before it gets a chance to reproduce itself and pass on it’s defective traits.

TempUberDriver

Activities like this are highly useful for excising defective genetic material from the human gene pool before it gets a chance to reproduce itself and pass on it’s defective traits.
Problem is that he may have infected many other normal people and also taking valuable hospital resources

PTuberting

Toronto has 280 positive now should the city tell us where those people were at least? so people who were there with them can quarantine themself or just be aware of it.

Toronto has 280 cases of COVID-19 confirmed city medical officer of health Dr. Eileen de Villa. She adds that people not heeding social distancing advice are risking health of fellow Torontonians. “We are at a pivotal moment right here and right now.” She thanks those who have stayed home and urges them to continue doing so. “Where we go from here, what happens next, depends on you.”

Athos

Looks really bad for the Americans. It's not just Doofus, though he's the poster boy of incompetence, it's the asocial individualism that infects their core beliefs. Individually, they are like the spoiled little boy who says "You're not the boss of me!" and, like Rand Paul, go wandering around spreading the virus.

In a way, the US is having a perfect storm. Poor leadership, disrespect of any social contract, underfunded health care, ignorance and denial. Look what happened in Iran when ignorance was combined with poor leadership. The leaders vacillate between flat out denial and blaming it on the CIA while he religious right is demanding that holy sites be kept open. Worshipers go there and profess their fatalistic faith by licking religious icons. It's a disaster that didn't have to be.

Next week may turn out to be bad.

Aj-uber

I guess that goes for smokers, too, but smoking will definitely make things worse for you if you get the virus. I wonder if smokers could cut down by eating their cigarettes. Just mix it into your soup, or, if it's a serious smoking addiction, have them in a bowl with milk.
This is why im scared. I am a heavy smoker and like to go on ei to stay home. But my employer deemed as essential and I have to work. I heard it took a toll on people with past smoking history also, so quitting really works?

dmoney155

This is why im scared. I am a heavy smoker and like to go on ei to stay home. But my employer deemed as essential and I have to work. I heard it took a toll on people with past smoking history also, so quitting really works?
You know that once you quit, it doesn't really restores your lungs overnight right?, the damage is already done. You will just be preventing any further damage. So even if you do quit, you will still be at high risk should get any lung infection.