The cons of driving in NYC

Inshur

thisisnotfair

I really do feel bad for these drivers

Taking out 20-70k loans and not even paying a year on the car and it having so many damages.

You end up paying 20k for a Toyota that's worth 8k when you finish paying it.

Lmao this is funny

Feel free to post pics of people's denty cars. I've seen a lot lately, mostly on suburbans..

Attachments

Uberinian

Do you get something from posting people's personal cars on the internet? How would you like if you saw your car plastered all over the internet with the license plate not hidden?

thisisnotfair

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I can care less, I'm just trying to prove a point. But I'm happy that your trying to ruin it.

marcusguber

I really do feel bad for these drivers

Taking out 20-70k loans and not even paying a year on the car and it having so many damages.

You end up paying 20k for a Toyota that's worth 8k when you finish paying it.

Lmao this is funny

Feel free to post pics of people's denty cars. I've seen a lot lately, mostly on suburbans..
What car is worth more when you are done with it? I get your point but in the end cars go down in value from the day you start driving them. What 20k car is worth more than maybe 8-10k in 5 years with more than average use? Uber or not.

Vanstaal

What car is worth more when you are done with it? I get your point but in the end cars go down in value from the day you start driving them. What 20k car is worth more than maybe 8-10k in 5 years with more than average use? Uber or not.
They will gladly take them at Willet Point

Lenny_yellow_cab

Unless u send it to Dominican republic b4 the 5th year and sell it for about the same amount u bought it lol. In my country cars are worth double the prices. Brand new accord cost almost 50k dollars over there

No_Username

Thats kind of high mileage, how has it been to maintain so far?
All I've done are oil changes every 3,500 miles, rotate the tires every 3rd oil change. So far, it needed a new battery, front and rear brakes, a few head/brake lights went out and I changed the air/cabin filter. Coming up on 100k and I'm slowly buying the parts for a complete tune up.....spark plugs and wires, all new filters, new tires, transmission service, coolent service, new brake pads and rotors, new belts, new sensors, going to change to full synthetic engine oil.....car should last me another 100k

Lenny_yellow_cab

All I've done are oil changes every 3,500 miles, rotate the tires every 3rd oil change. So far, it needed a new battery, front and rear brakes, a few head/brake lights went out and I changed the air/cabin filter. Coming up on 100k and I'm slowly buying the parts for a complete tune up.....spark plugs and wires, all new filters, new tires, transmission service, coolent service, new brake pads and rotors, new belts, new sensors, going to change to full synthetic engine oil.....car should last me another 100k
I always get my brakes autozone.... Get the most expensive ones... They have lifetime warranty so u only pay once for them and then everytime u change after that they are free as long as u bring old ones.

No_Username

I always get my brakes autozone.... Get the most expensive ones... They have lifetime warranty so u only pay once for them and then everytime u change after that they are free as long as u bring old ones.
Really? Thanks for the heads up. I always buy my parts online as they are usually cheaper then autozone and do the work myself.

Lenny_yellow_cab

Really? Thanks for the heads up. I always buy my parts online as they are usually cheaper then autozone and do the work myself.
I didn't know until I went to change my brakes one time and the mechanic asked me if the previous brakes were purchased in autozone, i said yes and he said take these old ones to autozone and get ur money back. I didn't believe him but it was indeed the truth.

But always buy the best brakes, never settle for the cheap ones, they go out quicker and also realease a greak deal of brake dust

Uberman8263

I may be off base. I was under the impression that you should only use synthetic oil if you start off with it when the car is brand new.

Uberman8263

Are you saying that if you drive your car 200k miles and get 20k off each set of brakes they will exchange them 10 times? Maybe the brakes have a lifetimes warranty but not the pads?.m There must by a "service chsrge" or they force you to use there shop and hit you with a big installation fee.

Inshur New York