• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

The Christian driver's thread

losiglow

Do you notice that your comments have only fostered aggression and dissension? I fear your zeal and hell-fire rhetoric is the opposite of the way Christ preached. If you truly follow the "great commandment" as stated in Matthew 22:35-40, you should realize that you're doing a good job of the 1st, but not so much on the 2nd (love thy neighbor as thyself).

Don't get me wrong, some people need to be called out. But if you're desire is to bring your fellow brothers and sisters to Christ, I recommend you seek first to understand, then seek to be understood. As Christ stated when he was rejected by a village of Samaritans:

54 And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?

55 But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.

56 For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them. And they went to another village.

Do you know the #1 reason that people wouldn't speak to me when I served an LDS mission? It was folks like yourselves. The damnation and hell-fire accusations rather than the love and understanding. Once we were able to teach people, they would open up and share all sorts of things with us. The first thing Mormon missionaries do is get to know someone and learn about their concerns, worries and questions. Then we can answer those with the gospel. When they learn the true doctrine of Christ they rejoice. They find that the gospel is one of love, hope and joy, and that Christ is their ADVOCATE with the father - that is, because he suffered all that we'll ever suffer, he understands our trials, feelings and despair.

He's also our judge. But has no desire to condemn us. One should not follow Christ out of fear, but out of a desire to join our Father in Heaven again.

The Christian driver

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Do you notice that your comments have only fostered aggression and dissension? I fear your zeal and hell-fire rhetoric is the opposite of the way Christ preached. If you truly follow the "great commandment" as stated in Matthew 22:35-40, you should realize that you're doing a good job of the 1st, but not so much on the 2nd (love thy neighbor as thyself).

Don't get me wrong, some people need to be called out. But if you're desire is to bring your fellow brothers and sisters to Christ, I recommend you seek first to understand, then seek to be understood. As Christ stated when he was rejected by a village of Samaritans:

54 And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?

55 But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.

56 For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them. And they went to another village.

Do you know the #1 reason that people wouldn't speak to me when I served an LDS mission? It was folks like yourselves. The damnation and hell-fire accusations rather than the love and understanding. Once we were able to teach people, they would open up and share all sorts of things with us. The first thing Mormon missionaries do is get to know someone and learn about their concerns, worries and questions. Then we can answer those with the gospel. When they learn the true doctrine of Christ they rejoice. They find that the gospel is one of love, hope and joy, and that Christ is their ADVOCATE with the father - that is, because he suffered all that we'll ever suffer, he understands our trials, feelings and despair.

He's also our judge. But has no desire to condemn us. One should not follow Christ out of fear, but out of a desire to join our Father in Heaven again.
I agree I need to grow "our speech needs to be with grace seasoned with salt" colossians 4:6
But With all love and due respect to my fellow mormon neighbor, I would like you to hear this video

JohnnyBravo836

I agree I need to grow "our speech needs to be with grace seasoned with salt" colossians 4:6
But With all love and due respect to my fellow mormon neighbor, I would like you to hear this video
Oh, that's rich: right out of the gate -- "Mormons are on their way to hell". Well, I guess that just means they're in the same boat as everyone who doesn't agree with blowhard-breath about what The Absolute Truth is. Well, after all, he knows everything he needs to know already. I have to admit that the OP is unusually obtuse when it comes to insight into himself, which does, admittedly, give this thread a certain entertainment value that you don't get everywhere. It's a circus freak show without any admission fee.

The Christian driver

Oh, that's rich: right out of the gate -- "Mormons are on their way to hell". Well, I guess that just means they're in the same boat as everyone who doesn't agree with blowhard-breath about what The Absolute Truth is. Well, after all, he knows everything he needs to know already.
Probably worse than all. Satan uses False Religion to send many people to join him In the pits of pits. False relgion is where the enemy works best. He adds words to the bible, adds other false deities such as Mary and all the Angel's, he creates false Jesus Mainly he comes after the deity and nature of Jesus Christ. Because Jesus Christ is the ONLY WAY one can escape the unending unchanging, fixed eternal 100000000000000000000000000000000 billions + yearslong hopless suffering torment in hell.
On the cross God, the infinite unchanging God was in Christ reconciling the world into himself. The only infinite God can bring you out of the infinite horrors of hell. Believe in the lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved.

The Gift of Fish

Probably worse than all. Satan uses False Religion to send many people to join him In the pits of pits. False relgion is where the enemy works best. He adds words to the bible, adds other false deities such as Mary and all the Angel's, he creates false Jesus Mainly he comes after the deity and nature of Jesus Christ.
I'm pretty sure he's responsible for the morning rush hour traffic on the 101 too. The bastard.

losiglow

Oh, that's rich: right out of the gate -- "Mormons are on their way to hell". Well, I guess that just means they're in the same boat as everyone who doesn't agree with blowhard-breath about what The Absolute Truth is. Well, after all, he knows everything he needs to know already. I have to admit that the OP is unusually obtuse when it comes to insight into himself, which does, admittedly, give this thread a certain entertainment value that you don't get everywhere. It's a circus freak show without any admission fee.
Good point. Do you know what nearly every religion has in common? They believe that if you aren't a member of their religion, that you're going to hell. Jehovah's Witnesses, Evangelical Christians, Catholics, Muslims, etc. etc. etc. Convenient eh? Do yourself a favor - don't join any religion or church that states that you're going to hell if you don't join them. They're trying to sell something and it isn't "saving your soul". This is not the case in Mormonism by the way. If we're right, you'll probably be just fine (as long as you live by the level of morality you're taught and follow your conscience - Jiminy Cricket style :thumbup: - please don't kill people, torture animals, rob old ladies or burn someones house down. That won't go over well when you meet your maker).

I've read and listened to a great deal of anti-Mormon literature, as well as anti-Jehovah Witness, anti-Scientology and anti-Seventh-Day Adventist propaganda. You know what they all have in common? None of them are written by individuals that know much of anything about those religions. They're made by individuals that either have an agenda, get paid or have hate in their heart.

I've researched numerous religions - from the various sects of Christianity to Islam, Hinduism and Confucianism. I go to the source. Either someone who can speak for them or their literature itself. I've attended Cathoic Mass, Jehovah-Witness's services, dozens of Christian sect services and even did an auditing with the Scientologists. I served a mission in England where there's a lot of Muslims and spoke to numberous Islamic Clergy. Very interesting and peaceful people at their roots. Always very kind to us. Would always invite us in and feed us or give us a drink. Anyways, almost nothing I heard from "anti" groups (most of those being born-again Christians) were close to what I learned. I learned far more going to the source of religion than listening to someone who has only a shallow understanding of the subject and twists that slight understanding to make the faith sound like some raging cult.

Have you listened to the Mormon Missionary lessons? Have you attended any LDS meetings like Sunday School, Sacrament meeting or Institute class? Have you even read the Book of Mormon (or any part of it?). I'm guessing not.

Did you know that the protesters at Temple Square during the LDS General Conferences on April and October are paid employees? They're not necessarily doing it to try to get us crazy Mormons on the straight and narrow, but because they're getting at least $15/hour. Heck, they might be making more than us poor Uber drivers :mad:

I listened to the video though. One of the more entertaining that I've seen :roflmao:Where did he get this information? I've been a Mormon all my life and never heard that crap. Made up rubbish - that's all that is. Says we deny all this random stuff we don't - Holy Spirit, God being eternal, etc. I guess I can just say random stuff about other religions and call it truth.

One thing he's got right though is the Nicene Creed man-made doctrine of the Trinity. That's bologna. Talk about "scripture interprets scripture". More like "scripture contradicts scripture". When those verses were first written, they were plain in truth and there was no room for error. Not so much anymore.....

You've got things like:

1 Corinthians 8:6

Matthew 3:16

John 14:26

Ephesians 1:17

But then you've got:

John 1:1

Isaiah 44:6

John 10:30

Do you know why the "Christian" religion is so splintered? Why we have born-again Christians, Baptists, Methodists, Presbyterian, Congregationalism, Pentecostals, Anglican, Orthodox, etc. etc. etc? I mean, look at this list!!!!

What a joke!

Here's why - Satan's plan to dilute and confuse the truth. Create so much anarchy, so much confusion, so much disagreement that no one can really agree on much of anything. This way, people either follow a false doctrine or quit altogether. - CHRISTIANS CAN'T EVEN AGREE ON THE MOST BASIC DOCTRINE - THE VERY NATURE OF GOD HIMSELF!

The followers of God have always been few. This is well established in scripture. But there's a reason that nearly every Christian denomination in the world is shrinking - people are giving up. And I don't blame them. If the God you speak of is really God, I don't want anything to do with him. He'd be a heartless, unreasonable, irrational, unfair, disorganized being that abandons his children by doing nothing more than giving them a book which was translated a bunch of times and messed with by clergy so much as to confuse everyone, then just expect them to "figure it out". Even if it were perfect, I wouldn't give my kid a book and tell him to figure life out. I'd be in constant communication with him, as a good father is with any child. That's not the God Christianity preaches. Funny thing is, most Christian churches (with exception to Catholics) don't even claim to have any sort of divine revelation. Really?

Anyway, I'd dropping to that level of attempting to use rational thought to convince someone of the error of their ways. That never works. But it's hard not to say. But unlike the false doctrine of the Trinity, the true gospel of Christ is easy to understand. It isn't some obscure and abstract doctrine that you have to study for ages to understand. The kids in our primary classes know more than most man-made, man-ordained and man-officialized bible scholars.

I'm sorry to say but while your faith is based on true scripture, your overall religion is a man-made twisted amalgam of truth and man-made philosophies. As God said to 'ol Joseph Smith:

Joseph Smith History, 1:19

19 I was answered that I must join none of them, for they were all wrong; and the Personage who addressed me said that all their creeds were an abomination in his sight; that those professors were all corrupt; that: “they draw near to me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me, they teach for doctrines the commandments of men, having a form of godliness, but they deny the power thereof.”

14-20 put things in context a bit:

Last edited:

The Christian driver

Do you notice that your comments have only fostered aggression and dissension? I fear your zeal and hell-fire rhetoric is the opposite of the way Christ preached
Jesus Christ is hell fire preacher. He is a very controversial figure. Jesus Christ spoke more about hell than all the prophets in the bible. At the end it sent him to the cross. True love warns my friend. True love rejoices with the truth. I can come here and tell you God loves you, God loves you, but that's half the truth. You must consider the goodness and severity of God. There is no in between. You are either reserved for the day of wrath or preserved to experience all the goodness of God forever.

JohnnyBravo836

Jesus Christ is hell fire preacher. He is a very controversial figure. Jesus Christ spoke more about hell than all the prophets in the bible.
That's probably true, and it's an interesting and curious observation about the purportedly meek and mild "Son of God". Sounds rather more like someone filled with resentment instead of love, i.e., preoccupation with a revenge fantasy for those who don't buy his line. :wink:

Z129

That's probably true, and it's an interesting and curious observation about the purportedly meek and mild "Son of God". Sounds rather more like someone filled with resentment instead of love, i.e., preoccupation with a revenge fantasy for those who don't buy his line. :wink:
Per Christian theology, the preincarnate Jesus was the Angel of the Lord. If the name isn't familiar to you, he is the guy who came along on Passover and killed all the first born of Egypt - unless the house had blood from a slain lamb painted on the door posts.

JohnnyBravo836

Per Christian theology, the preincarnate Jesus was the Angel of the Lord. If the name isn't familiar to you, he is the guy who came along on Passover and killed all the first born of Egypt - unless the house had blood from a slain lamb painted on the door posts.
That seems to be yet another sound reason for rolling one's eyes at what a cornucopia of nonsense Christian theology amounts to. At one time, when people perhaps didn't have reasons to know better, this kind of foolishness might have been excusable, but at this point it's shameful that this blather is so widely taken seriously. It's an embarrassment to the species, frankly.

This site would really be a lot better off if religion and politics were categorically off-limits, but that clearly ain't in the cards; until such time as that happens, the only remedy is to either ignore it or call the bu!!shi!t bu!!sh!t. Probably a bit of both is best. :wink:

Z129

That seems to be yet another sound reason for rolling one's eyes at what a cornucopia of nonsense Christian theology amounts to. At one time, when people perhaps didn't have reasons to know better, this kind of foolishness might have been excusable, but at this point it's shameful that this blather is so widely taken seriously. It's an embarrassment to the species, frankly.

This site would really be a lot better off if religion and politics were categorically off-limits, but that clearly ain't in the cards; until such time as that happens, the only remedy is to either ignore it or call the bu!!shi!t bu!!sh!t. Probably a bit of both is best. :wink:
I like the subject. I would like to discuss it. But the fur flies when I try. A book with this much influence should be able to be discussed. Openly and honestly. Without attacks. And without attacks not being called out for what they are.

So the child-friendly zombie who people worship butchered the firstborn of Egypt to make a theological point. Why shouldn't we be able to discuss that?

How can I not want to talk about such a book? Especially during re-run season.

Gtown Driver

Christian cracks me up everytime. This dude needs a TV show.
Post automatically merged:

2 Thessallonians 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
Post automatically merged:

What city do you live?
What business is that of yours?
just wondering.. no need to get upset..
Not upset. I would just like to know where you're going with this? I get death threats quite often here. I get threats of doxing even more often. If you think I will overlook threats against me let me assure you that I will not. So again, why do you want to know where I live?
If you drive uber, just wondering what city and how business is there. I have pretty much quit driving here in San Francisco Bay Area
Okay. I drive in Southern California. Uber didn't ask me for my car registration for a couple of years and then suddenly deactivated me when they noticed it hasn't been updated. It happened to a lot of us in Los Angeles recently. I just haven't updated it yet so I haven't been doing Uber. I am still active on Lyft but haven't been driving lately.

"I ain't tellin u SHIT about my city!!!

Well...alright I'm SoCal"

My man don't trust no Christians to be humble and peaceful as advised by their Lord and Savior.

😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😝 😝 😝

Last edited:

JohnnyBravo836

I like the subject. I would like to discuss it. But the fur flies when I try. A book with this much influence should be able to be discussed. Openly and honestly. Without attacks. And without attacks not being called out for what they are.

So the child-friendly zombie who people worship butchered the firstborn of Egypt to make a theological point. Why shouldn't we be able to discuss that?
There's no doubting its historical and cultural influence and significance (which has been largely negative, it seems rather clear to me), so I don't regard discussion of it as uninteresting; indeed, religious thinking and behaviors are possibly the most prevalent and bizarre sicknesses that have plagued humanity since it first tried explaining the world in which it found itself, and is therefore interesting for that reason alone.

As has been said, it was our first, and worst, attempt to understand ourselves and the world. You can't reasonably expect much from people who didn't even have the advantage of knowing such basic things as that the world was round and it's probably unfair to say that such people should have known better, but I can't see any excuse for desperately insisting on clinging to this sort of silliness now.

The Gift of Fish

Yeah.... there do seem to be a few inconsistencies. We are all supposed to be God's children and he loves us very much. But if we don't do what he says then we will be cast down into pits of sulphur where we will burn in agony until the end of time. I'm not sure what he'd do if he didn't love us :eek:

I have children of my own. If they disobey me then the worst they get is having to "take a time out". Casting them into pits of burning sulphur..... not so much.

The Christian driver

Per Christian theology, the preincarnate Jesus was the Angel of the Lord.
God that made the heavens and the earth in just 6 days. God that is from eternity past to eternity future. God that is infinitely wiser than all the nations that ever existed can simply appear in whatsoever form he wants. He created everything. He sustains everything. Everything is his. In the old testament he appeared as an angel of the lord several times. It's an appearance (Christophanies).