The best way to make more money with Uber or Lyft

MoneyUber4

It is simple. Don't drive for any of them. (Uber / Lyft)

The best way to make money: Use their sucker drivers to deliver any other item or services that you can sell for more money than driving around your nice new car.

Many drivers think they are too smart and they will find a way to make more and more money. But that has been proven incorrect all the time. You should not be a slave by any of those services but use their sucker drivers to do the services for you.

Last edited:

mona mcN

The best way to make money: Use their sucker drivers to deliver any other item or services that you can sell for more money than driving around your nice new car.

Many drivers think they are too smart and they will find a way to make more and more money. But that has been proven incorrect all the time. You should not be a slave by any of those services but use their sucker drivers to do the services for you.

the best answer...

VISAYA

Drove eight hours today. Made $ 170.- after expenses. Call it a slave or suckered driver. I don't care. I call it decent money.

VISAYA

So what was your gross and what were your expenses?
That's quite simple. Gross $ 350.- (without tolls!) minus 20 % (UBER) = $ 70.-. $ 350.- minus 9 % (GAS) = $ 31.50. $ 350.- minus 10 % (TAX) = $ 35.-. $ 350.- minus 4 % (WEAR AND TEAR) = $ 14.-.
$ 350 minus 43 % expenses = net $ 199.50!
Whatever your gross is, it's minus 43 %. That's the money you got finally in your pocket. I didn't forget to calculate your monthly payments like insurance, lease etc. You have to pay this anyway because it's your private car. If not your expenses are certainly higher. Good luck with that!

NoCommission

Drove eight hours today. Made $ 170.- after expenses. Call it a slave or suckered driver. I don't care. I call it decent money.
Yeah but how much of your car value you lost? plus gas and other expenses. Divide your car value by how many miles it should last, if it is 8 cylinder divide it by 300,000 to 350,000 miles if it is 6 cylinder 150,000 -200,000 if it is 4 cylinder 150,000 then add the expected maintenance cost, gas time.etc.

Undermensch

$900 in 40 hours. I doubt it 100%
Haters gonna hate. Sorry you aren't having a good go of it.

The 46 hours online below is actually high... I was at home for a part of that. I recorded 42 hours for that week out of the house.

Had another $112 on Lyft too during that same time.

I spent $60 on gas. My earnings for the week represent 20% of the current value of my car. I'll let you know if it dies in 5 weeks, but I kind of doubt it.

Uber-20160711.png

ChortlingCrison

Exactly, no arguments on this end!!