The AP lot #'s

Zero_Rugger

how can I be #7 on Uber and #9 on Lyft when there are 29 cars sitting here in the airport lot?? And they are not all Plus or XL's.
I don't understand it.

Do people come here just to hang out and sit in their trucks and back hatches??

Zero_Rugger

That's not far off!!!
People camp in their SUV hatch and i actually see people sit in the truck oftheir sedans.
I feel like I am in a 3rd world country again when I pull in the AP lot.
But everyone is like a zombie walking around heads down staring at their phones and showing each other whatever.
It's awesome. I need to make a webpage that shows the craziness at the Uber lots.

Drivers are sitting waiting for the airport to surge. They wait and watch then turn on when surge happens. They'll get busted. Just keep driving and get a steady fair.

Rubio

Not in a staging lot. Sitting at a concert in an Uber lot with the app off is actually also a deactivatable offense, although i've never heard them actually following through on it.

Zero_Rugger

Not in a staging lot. Sitting at a concert in an Uber lot with the app off is actually also a deactivatable offense, although i've never heard them actually following through on it.
I am lost. .....
Uber and lyft have no idea where people
Are until they turn the App on. Who the heck would / could enforce where you sit in your POV??
Rideshare police??

http://www.wired.co.uk/article/uber-track-location-data-update-turn-off
Example. Think about it. You work for them when you open the app. You are using proprietary applications which they will control like a subscription service. Here...prove it to yourself. Try to open your app with your location services turned off. Nope. Not happening. This means you cannot see where surges are unless you are locating yourself, and connected to network of some kind...which means, they know where you are at. They're not idiots man.

Zero_Rugger

http://www.wired.co.uk/article/uber-track-location-data-update-turn-off
Example. Think about it. You work for them when you open the app. You are using proprietary applications which they will control like a subscription service. Here...prove it to yourself. Try to open your app with your location services turned off. Nope. Not happening. This means you cannot see where surges are unless you are locating yourself, and connected to network of some kind...which means, they know where you are at. They're not idiots man.

I wasn't doubting you at all man I am just not sure how it can be enforced. Doesn't matter to me either way.
And I am not hating on anyone that does that's when they sits and wait.
I just think that's a lot of time sitting around not taking request.

Oh I know. No worries. I had one APL rent a cop yell at me for pulling through and not pulling into one spot. Seems rather juvenile.

Rubio

I am lost. .....
Are until they turn the App on. Who the heck would / could enforce where you sit in your POV??
Rideshare police??

I agree with you it's stupid as hell, but I HAVE seen it when I was still working in Miami, in the staging lot after some concert.

Uber employees were all over drivers checking to make sure they had their apps turned on and threatening to deactivate them permanently if they didn't.

I saw a couple drivers tell them to go @@@@ themselves, I'm pretty sure nothing came of it, but the threats were def there....

Uberk5487

I am lost. .....
Rideshare police??
You are very naive if you think a GPS based company don't "have no idea" where the people who drive for them are at ALL times....buddy it goes a lot deeper than that....Uber is video taping and audio taping us at all times.....when you download the app it tells you, you have to agree to let them take pictures, video, and audio recordings of you.....scary **** right....welcome to technology 101....

Uberk5487

They do random ID checks via camera and notify when signing on.
Once I was pulling a vampire shift ...I decided to sit in the airport quere app on and take a nap until a trip come threw.....Uber totally blocked me from getting any trip until I was up and alert....I don't blame them, but how did they know I was napping.....I wholeheartedly believe they watch us threw our camera phone....they tell us when we download the app that they will have control of our camera and voice recorder.....

Rubio

Once I was pulling a vampire shift ...I decided to sit in the airport quere app on and take a nap until a trip come threw.....Uber totally blocked me from getting any trip until I was up and alert....I don't blame them, but how did they know I was napping.....I wholeheartedly believe they watch us threw our camera phone....they tell us when we download the app that they will have control of our camera and voice recorder.....

That's funny, because just last night I got 3 calls out of that airport lot when I was obviously napping...

Zero_Rugger

Do some of you really think that UBER is watching us through our cell cameras.???
Hahgahaa
It's UBER not the NSA.
AND
Out primary cameras face out. Hahhaha
Oh wait, they can remotely turn on the back camer to see what we are doing.
WOW.

Uberk5487

Do some of you really think that UBER is watching us through our cell cameras.???
Hahgahaa
It's UBER not the NSA.
AND
Out primary cameras face out. Hahhaha
Oh wait, they can remotely turn on the back camer to see what we are doing.
WOW.
When you download Uber you give them control of your camera...