The ADA's Mafia Thuggery Goes Way Beyond Abusing Uber Drivers

tomatopaste

Uber's service animal policy:
"The law provides that there are only two questions that a driver-partner may ask to confirm that a rider's animal is a service animal: (1) Is the animal required because of a disability? And, (2) What work or task has the animal been trained to perform? The driver-partner may not request that the rider present documentation proving that the rider's animal is a service animal.

There is no requirement that a service animal wear a tag, be registered, or display any kind of proof that it is a service animal."

So now you're asking, well why is there no requirment that a service animal wear a tag, be registered, or display any kind of proof that it is a service animal? Answer: for the same reason many states have passed laws that prohibit anyone from asking voters for I.D. - they don't want to know. It's called institutionalized fraud.

In other words, you basically have to interrogate the passenger and get them on camera so you can send it to Uber to be reinstated once the passenger complains. You get two complaints and then you're fired. Otherwise you just have to take pets.

But the ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act, aka, the trial lawyers full employment act) goes way beyond institutionalized fraud. It's more or less a government sanctioned Mafia operation. Here are just a few examples of their thuggery:

• A New Jersey jury ordered a rheumatologist to pay $400,000 for not providing a deaf patient with a sign language interpreter at his own expense

• Ninth Circuit ruled that the law may require movie theaters to provide captions and descriptions for blind or deaf viewers

• A federal appeals court ruled that the nation’s paper currency unfairly discriminates against the disabled and must be redesigned

• A police dispatcher won a settlement in her lawsuit saying she was unfairly discriminated against because of her narcolepsy (tendency to fall asleep at inappropriate times)

• A large online tutoring service agreed to provide interpreters

• Miniature golf courses learned they will have to make 50 percent of their holes accessible to wheelchair users

• ADA “filing mills” in California, Florida and other states under which complainants roam the land filing hundreds of similar complaints against local businesses which their lawyers then convert into assembly-line cash settlements.

https://www.cato.org/blog/adas-20th-anniversary

Happy Ubering.

Cableguynoe

So now you're asking, well why is there no requirment that a service animal wear a tag, be registered, or display any kind of proof that it is a service animal?.

Ain't no one asking this

In other words, you basically have to interrogate the passenger and get them on camera so you can send it to Uber to be reinstated once the passenger complains. You get two complaints and then you're fired. Otherwise you just have to take pets.

C'mon paste. I thought we were already past this.
Didn't we already determine that we pretty much have to take pets?
Why are you still interrogating your pax?

tomatopaste

Ain't no one asking this
You can lead an Uber driver to water but you can't make him take a bath.

Ain't no one asking this

Ain't no one asking this

We've moved on. Now we addressing the broader abuses of the ADA, aka, the trial lawyers full employment act and how it affects the average Joe.

Viva la resistance!
Patrick Henry: Give me liberty or give me death
Stevie: Just bend over and take it

steveK2016

You can lead an Uber driver to water but you can't make him take a bath.

We've moved on. Now we addressing the broader abuses of the ADA, aka, the trial lawyers full employment act and how it affects the average Joe.

Patrick Henry: Give me liberty or give me death
Stevie: Just bend over and take it

I'm as Libertarian as the next guy. I'm no anarchist though and of all laws on the books, this is one that I understand why it exist. As I've said prior, you are the prime example why.

Why does a blind person need a seeing eye dog at Costco? Really?

tomatopaste

I'm as Libertarian as the next guy. I'm no anarchist though and of all laws on the books, this is one that I understand why it exist. As I've said prior, you are the prime example why.

Why does a blind person need a seeing eye dog at Costco? Really?

Yes, really. If you only think about it emotionally, of course a blind man needs his seeing eye dog at Costco. You racist! But if you think about it logically, what good is it to have a seeing eye dog and Costco other than keeping you from bumping into things. Most people go to Costco to buy stuff, not just wander around trying not to bump into things.

The blind man is going to need help and my guess is Costco would be more than happy to have one of their employees be of assistance. I would also guess many Costco customers would be willing to assist as well. I would.

steveK2016

Yes, really. If you only think about it emotionally, of course a blind man needs his seeing eye dog at Costco. You racist! But if you think about it logically, what good is it to have a seeing eye dog and Costco other than keeping you from bumping into things. Most people go to Costco to buy stuff, not just wander around trying not to bump into things.

The blind man is going to need help and my guess is Costco would be more than happy to have one of their employees be of assistance. I would also guess many Costco customers would be willing to assist as well. I would.

So what? Leave the dog in the car? Leave the dog leashed up on the curb? Hire full time security and dog handler to secure the dog?

Strange Fruit

A large online tutoring service agreed to provide interpreters
Why is this in the list?

You use the dog to get to Costco. Not to pick out items. The blind person doesn't materialize at places they need to be. They are living an entire life outside Costco, and Costco is just where they show up. Blind people sometimes walk with friends, just like real humans do, and they still have their dog with them (but why doesn't their friend just guide them? derpa derp). That dog is now a part of them. It allows them autonomy, which isn't just for practical purposes. It gives dignity to a person. That isn't a thing you can figure out practically. It's just a human value that runs counter to utilitarian goals. Logic isn't always more important than the emotional reasons. I'm kinda autistic, and even I can see that. I would also not spend my time at Costco walking around with a blind person telling them what is on the shelves, and helping them find their entire shopping list when I went there to do my own list. I would guess many Costco customers would not be willing to assist. Don't people spend like 30-60 minutes shopping at Costco (Idk, I've only gone with other people, I don't shop at Costco)? So I have my 30 mins of shopping, and another 30 showing this unexpected blind guy to all the items he needs?

tomatopaste

So what? Leave the dog in the car? Leave the dog leashed up on the curb? Hire full time security and dog handler to secure the dog?

Costco: how about if we have small kennels where the dog can stay while he's shopping and one of our employees will assist him?
NO! THAT'S DISCRIMINATION!

Costco: ok, how about having the blind person call in his order and we'll have it ready when he arrives?
NO YOU HEARTLESS BASTARDS! THAT'S DISCRIMINATION!

You're like the worst libertarian ever

Why is this in the list?
Why do you think? C'mon now, put on your thinking cap. Yes you can call a lifeline if you need to.

Why is this in the list?

You use the dog to get to Costco. Not to pick out items. The blind person doesn't materialize at places they need to be. They are living an entire life outside Costco, and Costco is just where they show up. Blind people sometimes walk with friends, just like real humans do, and they still have their dog with them (but why doesn't their friend just guide them? derpa derp). That dog is now a part of them. It allows them autonomy, which isn't just for practical purposes. It gives dignity to a person. That isn't a thing you can figure out practically. It's just a human value that runs counter to utilitarian goals. Logic isn't always more important than the emotional reasons. I'm kinda autistic, and even I can see that. I would also not spend my time at Costco walking around with a blind person telling them what is on the shelves, and helping them find their entire shopping list when I went there to do my own list. I would guess many Costco customers would not be willing to assist. Don't people spend like 30-60 minutes shopping at Costco (Idk, I've only gone with other people, I don't shop at Costco)? So I have my 30 mins of shopping, and another 30 showing this unexpected blind guy to all the items he needs?
Ok so why does Costco not want to have dogs in there stores? Because they're heartless bastards and probably neo nazis to boot? Or, or, could it be that they sell food and the health department goes through their stores with a fine tooth comb. Or maybe because some of their customers are deathly afraid of dogs. Should we pass a law that no one's allowed to be afraid of dogs?

Can Costo have small kennels where the dog can stay while he shops and an employee assists him? Hehehehehehe, I'm just joking, everyone knows that would be racist.

Fuber in their faces

What does blindness have to do with racism? You are both over thinking and underthinking this at the same time. And its just a @@@@in dog...not even a longhaired one...no serive animal ive ever seen is a shedder.

Bpr2

"
  • A police dispatcher won a settlement in her lawsuit saying she was unfairly discriminated against because of her narcolepsy (tendency to fall asleep at inappropriate times)"
I remember this one. little princess even failed the psych portion of her interview and then did terrible ie actually falling asleep during a few test runs. Even on when ahe was running thru how to give cpr. She would have been a risk, and they offered her a desk job where it would have just been paperwork, but she refused. Then sued for discrimination.

empresstabitha

Uber's service animal policy:
"The law provides that there are only two questions that a driver-partner may ask to confirm that a rider's animal is a service animal: (1) Is the animal required because of a disability? And, (2) What work or task has the animal been trained to perform? The driver-partner may not request that the rider present documentation proving that the rider's animal is a service animal.

There is no requirement that a service animal wear a tag, be registered, or display any kind of proof that it is a service animal."

So now you're asking, well why is there no requirment that a service animal wear a tag, be registered, or display any kind of proof that it is a service animal? Answer: for the same reason many states have passed laws that prohibit anyone from asking voters for I.D. - they don't want to know. It's called institutionalized fraud.

But the ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act, aka, the trial lawyers full employment act) goes way beyond institutionalized fraud. It's more or less a government sanctioned Mafia operation. Here are just a few examples of their thuggery:

• A New Jersey jury ordered a rheumatologist to pay $400,000 for not providing a deaf patient with a sign language interpreter at his own expense

• Ninth Circuit ruled that the law may require movie theaters to provide captions and descriptions for blind or deaf viewers

• A federal appeals court ruled that the nation’s paper currency unfairly discriminates against the disabled and must be redesigned

• A police dispatcher won a settlement in her lawsuit saying she was unfairly discriminated against because of her narcolepsy (tendency to fall asleep at inappropriate times)

• A large online tutoring service agreed to provide interpreters

• Miniature golf courses learned they will have to make 50 percent of their holes accessible to wheelchair users

• ADA “filing mills” in California, Florida and other states under which complainants roam the land filing hundreds of similar complaints against local businesses which their lawyers then convert into assembly-line cash settlements.

https://www.cato.org/blog/adas-20th-anniversary

Happy Ubering.
Dude Get over it and take the dog or Quit.How hard is that?

tomatopaste

Dude Get over it and take the dog or Quit.How hard is that?
Dudette, this isn't even really about Uber or taking dogs. This is about society bending over and just accepting do-gooder abusive laws like the ADA. Don't do that. Become informed.

What does blindness have to do with racism? You are both over thinking and underthinking this at the same time. And its just a &%[email protected]!*in dog...not even a longhaired one...no serive animal ive ever seen is a shedder.
Google sarcasm

You are a bit nutty mixing racism in with dog hatred.
Google sarcasm

empresstabitha

Dudette, this isn't even really about Uber or taking dogs. This is about society bending over and just accepting do-gooder abusive laws like the ADA. Don't do that. Become informed.

Google sarcasm

Google sarcasm
Or maybe people are worried about more important things abd hust don't give a @@@@.