1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

The Acid Kicks In - Uber makes flying car hire from NASA

Discussion in 'News' started by FL_Dex, Feb 6, 2017.

1. FL_Dex

FL_Dex Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
  2. Jagent

Jagent Moderator Moderator

Not content to remake the taxi business, Uber now wants to take ride-sharing to a whole new level. A vertical level.

As Bloomberg's Brad Stone reported, Uber has hired a NASA researcher, to crack the flying-car challenge. Moore was already a player in the whole Silicon Valley dream of flying cars, having written a paper that got Google Larry Page into the idea via several investments.

According to Stone: "Moore is leaving the confines of the U.S. National Aeronautics and Space Administration, where he has spent the last 30 years, to join one of Google's rivals: Uber Technologies Inc. Moore is taking on a new role as director of engineering for aviation at the ride-hailing company, working on the company's flying car initiative, known as "Uber Elevate."

Less than 50%. Read the rest at Bloomberg.

circle1 and tohunt4me like this.
  3. Jermin8r89

Jermin8r89 Well-Known Member

Whats the point? So everything is run by robot? How bout this makeing F'n spaceships for people to mine on the moon and build another world there! This isnt a lomg term money thing. Sounds like the modern kings and lords days. If u aint part of the leftist then ur a peseant and the kings will live in lushes luxury.

So a world of taxis? What a ****ty world that is. Its gonna be like middle of detriot everywhere as people will trash everything with graffiti and what not as they know they dont own it

I see SDC im gonna trash it. Trying to bully me into your control. Hell no!

Michy713 and tohunt4me like this.
  4. tohunt4me

tohunt4me Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

UberSchmuber and circle1 like this.
  5. tohunt4me

tohunt4me Well-Known Member

Shhhhhh . . . . .!
    Another " SHINEY THING" to dangle in front of investors !
    Shhhhhh . . . . .
    Let Travis work !
    ( every dollar lifted off a Globalist has a chance of landing in America !)

Attached Files:

6. BurgerTiime

BurgerTiime Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    Lol. No, if I was a potential investor I would run... Far far away from Uber and if was already an investor I would be pissed as hell and say ipo already so other suckers , ER hmm, investors can pay me back before they entirely go bankrupt.

Michy713, tohunt4me and circle1 like this.
  7. llort

llort Well-Known Member

What insurance company would ever insure cars full of people flying over houses?
    Someone is bound to shoot one of these things down and then it will land on a house full of people and cost millions in damages!
    That legal pot law in California is already having an effect on Uber's Executive decision making.

8. Stan07

Stan07 Well-Known Member

9. TwoFiddyMile

TwoFiddyMile Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    It's all to impress the VC investors.
    Smoke, mirrors.
    Tic-Tac?

10. BurgerTiime

Driving:
    Lyft
    I can't believe with all the money they are burning they would even pursue this.

11. Jagent

Jagent Moderator Moderator

The big wet dream of Travis, Bezos, etc, is drones that carry people and packages. No drivers or cars needed.

The big problem is that without jobs, there will be no passengers or consumers.

12. BurgerTiime

Driving:
    Lyft
  13. heynow321

heynow321 Well-Known Member

LOL!!!! this is history in the making. We've witnessed the largest growth of a private company and the quickest demise of it ever. I thought SDC were only 2 years away? why waste money on this fantasy?

14. TwoFiddyMile

TwoFiddyMile Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    Reminds me of Toms company on Parks and Recreation. 1 month to bust lol.

tohunt4me and circle1 like this.
  15. Jermin8r89

Congrads uber u have conquared the world but whos gonna have any money to do anything?

tohunt4me and circle1 like this.
  16. BurgerTiime

Driving:
    Lyft
    Yo, don't hog that to yourself Uber, pass dat sh*t
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Driving and Driven

Driving and Driven Well-Known Member

http://lunar.xprize.org/

18. Jermin8r89

They have already been to the moon they say. Why havent we gotten any live feed from moon? NASA says they have all these satelights and telescopes but where is all the images? We shouldnt have a bunch of same old pics of our planet we have had for along time. If NASA was really a space program y arnt they doing anything about space? Wtf is up with them doing projects with SDCs with uber? NASA u should have already had people on the moon no excuses

Fuad23 likes this.
  19. Driving and Driven

Driving and Driven Well-Known Member

We went to the moon almost fifty years ago. It's a desert. You want to travel about 400,000 miles round trip to get fresh pics of a barren waste land with no natural atmosphere? Go ahead and try for the contest.

:)

Scratchington and tohunt4me like this.
  20. Jermin8r89

Well they have the currious rover on mars. If they doing that then we should have cams looking back at the earth. They all afraid to give us freedom to see whats out there. NASA has been nothing but a lie.

TheFixer1, swordfish909 and Fuad23 like this.