• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

The 5 person UberX party

Offshore808

These don't come up too often, but I had to kick a 5-some out of my car tonight, and I'm wondering if there's anyway to squeeze a few dollars out of Uber? I tried a few retorts already about time wasted etc, but keep getting canned responses about "blah blah...your safety is important to us...no cancelation fee...blah". Anybody ever successfully get a couple bucks out of the overlords for this particular scenario?

Ms Stein Fanboy

These don't come up too often, but I had to kick a 5-some out of my car tonight, and I'm wondering if there's anyway to squeeze a few dollars out of Uber? I tried a few retorts already about time wasted etc, but keep getting canned responses about "blah blah...your safety is important to us...no cancelation fee...blah". Anybody ever successfully get a couple bucks out of the overlords for this particular scenario?
If it's 5 minutes since the request, select "rider requested cancel". That worked at one time for the fee. Or let them cancel. They sometimes do if you don't do it right away. And of it's not 5 yet, the clocks ticking while they wait for you to cancel. Let them see you mess with the screen while you "try" to cancel unsuccessfully.

UbaaDrivaa

Remember I had this woman that requested X and she got 5 people. Told her I can't do it and that I might get a ticket. she said "you're not going to get a ticket." And I thought to myself, "umm who are you to say I won't get a ticket?" I told her NO! And then she was like "then you're not gonna get pay for it" and I simply reply, "it's fine." And then there's always that one friend that act tough - he was swearing (indirectly) at me. Calling me names and stuff. I laughed and drove off.

Aharm

Remember I had this woman that requested X and she got 5 people. Told her I can't do it and that I might get a ticket. she said "you're not going to get a ticket." And I thought to myself, "umm who are you to say I won't get a ticket?" I told her NO! And then she was like "then you're not gonna get pay for it" and I simply reply, "it's fine." And then there's always that one friend that act tough - he was swearing (indirectly) at me. Calling me names and stuff. I laughed and drove off.
lmao

mrwy

first time i let 4 get in the back 1 up front it was 2 girls on each others lap in the middle and 3 guys. the guy behind complained it wasent enough room indirectly to his friends and the other guy in back was trying to cap on my car (indirectly) while the guy up front was cool but kept trying to involve me in what they were doing. really trying to belittle me for the laddies.

once i was pulled into the mix i couldent let any joked at my expense pass and i ended up getting a cheer from the laddies and pretty much stoped the main guy from feeling himself.

to much work and a bad rating. now, sometimes if i see even three people i may skirt off, deff not 5, i dont care how small the asain chick is.

it can damage my car and two, its always more work. the more pax the more they depend on the drivers to keep themselves entertained.

UbaaDrivaa

first time i let 4 get in the back 1 up front it was 2 girls on each others lap in the middle and 3 guys. the guy behind complained it wasent enough room indirectly to his friends and the other guy in back was trying to cap on my car (indirectly) while the guy up front was cool but kept trying to involve me in what they were doing. really trying to belittle me for the laddies.

once i was pulled into the mix i couldent let any joked at my expense pass and i ended up getting a cheer from the laddies and pretty much stoped the main guy from feeling himself.

to much work and a bad rating. now, sometimes if i see even three people i may skirt off, deff not 5, i dont care how small the asain chick is.

it can damage my car and two, its always more work. the more pax the more they depend on the drivers to keep themselves entertained.
Doesn't matter how tiny they are - back seats got 3 seat belts - for 3 people only, and 1 front. Why risk of getting a ticket? Why risk of getting deactivated from uber? Why risk of something happen and your insurance doesn't cover everyone ?

mrwy

Doesn't matter how tiny they are - back seats got 3 seat belts - for 3 people only, and 1 front. Why risk of getting a ticket? Why risk of getting deactivated from uber? Why risk of something happen and your insurance doesn't cover everyone ?
im cool like that.

not my position to tell you what to do or not to do.

driving for uber is loosing.

elelegido

This is why you always roll up to a pickup with doors locked. When a pax confirms a groups size over 4, you deny them entry, drive up the block a bit, then at 5:00 you no show them for the $5.

mrwy

This is why you always roll up to a pickup with doors locked. When a pax confirms a groups size over 4, you deny them entry, drive up the block a bit, then at 5:00 you no show them for the $5.
then they start working together. like they will hovle in a group of 15 people and position themselves to where you cant tell who is coming or not.

but yea i learned to keep my doors locked.

Luber4.9

Why did you do this ride?

You denied a proper ride for an XL by allowing 5 pax in your UberX.

And, btw, when there aren't enough XLs it will surge to get us online so you may have been denying a surge around you too.

Nice work, jerk.

mrwy

It's not cool at all. It's stupid.
nah im cool like that. what is stupid is feeling the need to respond to posts as if it is of personal concern to you.

Why did you do this ride?

You denied a proper ride for an XL by allowing 5 pax in your UberX.

And, btw, when there aren't enough XLs it will surge to get us online so you may have been denying a surge around you too.

Nice work, jerk.
lol making that statement is what you feel is conducive.

i doubt you relize you are drawing conclusions that are idiotcally out of the purvie the scenario.

worst yet you would be upset. lmao.

social_lubericant

The key is doors locked and a small crack in the window. Saved me many times; once I forgot and it took over 4 minutes to get these 2 drunk girls to get out. I've basically been told that I'm very non-threatening, but find it weird to hop in some stranger's car.

6%;3htî

What do you mean kick them out? How'd they get in?
Although i do know sometimes customers rush in.
Also i agree we should be paid for our time absolutely!
I've complained to Uber that 4 is too many. Can't see out the windows to safely drive

Offshore808

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
What do you mean kick them out? How'd they get in?
Although i do know sometimes customers rush in.
Also i agree we should be paid for our time absolutely!
I've complained to Uber that 4 is too many. Can't see out the windows to safely drive
I was talking to the chick in the front seat, flipping start trip on the app and looked in my rearview and saw way too many drunk dudes staring back at me.