• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

The 10 Rideshare Commandments

NewAge82

I've been in this game for 3 years while I finish my BA in nursing & off to PA school. I am a single father so It's made me a hustler and theirs rules to this s*** so I made a manual.

1. Stop telling pax how much money you make & keep conversation to a minimum unless the customer insists on conversation but keep your opinions neutral. You just might talk your way into a 1 star or no tip.

2. Stop telling other drivers were the best locations are if you find a juicy spot or area. Just get your money & keep grinding. Believe it or not, there's still spots that are untouched. I personally know of this.

3. Know how your getting paid!! Stop trusting Uber & Lyft to pay you correctly. You need to understand UberPool & Lyft line so you know if it's worth your time or if your getting pimped. P.S.- If you do take a pool, learn how to game the system. KNOW THE SYSTEM!!! Other drivers have posted on here how to do so.

4. You need a budget. Stop freelancing. You should know your math breakdown. $20 for gas, $10 for food, $100 for maintenance in two weeks, etc.. If it's a slow day & you only made $100, you need to know if that's your gross or net. If not, I promise your going to stay broke & that's sad for someone who gets money every day. If you drive full time & get daily pay, you have more in common with a drug dealer than you do someone who works a 9-to-5 that gets paid every two weeks, so you have to budget like one. Your re-up money is your gas money and food money everyday. You need a stash for emergency & you should be saving money every day. Even if it's just $10 a day. You should have a end plan. Don't make Uber / Lyft your career choice. You will regret it. Have a plan for driving to lead to something else. This is a hustle, not a career.

5. Turn the app on as soon as you leave out the house. Stop trying to drive 20 miles to a hotspot to turn on the app on. As soon as you step in the car and you warm it up turn the app on. Never sit longer than 20 minutes in one spot but never drive longer than 20 minutes looking for a ping. Find a new spot & post up and you just might luck out and find a new juicy spot.

6. Customer asked you to wait without starting the trip, don't do it! Pull up to the address & let the timer begin. Once it times out, hit the no show & pull off. Time is money in our business literally & you might be missing out on a $30 run with a $10 tip for .20 cents a minute to drive someone down the block. If they can't respect your hustle & your time why bother with there's.

7. Never sign out the app unless it's completely necessary. You never know what kind of run you may miss out on & it might get slow where ur at so stay online just in case. That includes lunch breaks but not bathroom breaks.

8. Never dead head to the airport unless you need a break & you wanna take a nap on the clock & even then it's still not worth it. Airport runs are not profitable 80% of the time verses city running. Do the math. The wait times are to high (2 hours) & you just got pimped by Uber or Lyft if you wait 2 hours for a ping to drive them 3 miles on a pool run. You burnt gas & 30 minutes dead heading to Ord in traffic to sit 2 hours for an average run of $18 plus time spent driving to the pax destination. So that's about 3 hours for $18.

9. If your going to drive downtown then learn downtown. Don't risk getting in an accident for a $5 ride. It ain't worth it. Learn lower wacker, lower Michigan, the cuts on Illinois, kinize, Fairbanks & Hubbard. Know the street of the destination so you don't drive past it or turn down an alley.

10. Keep your car clean at all times. People judge your car as an extension of you. Keep it clean on the outside as weather permits & keep it clean on the inside always! Get some air freshener spray & keep a rag to keep it smelling good & feeling clean.

Follow these rules & you can make a $1000 a week or more with a high rating. Remember you can't please every customer so when you get those rude ones, just remember it's part of the game. Brush that shit off & keep it moving. Never take anything personal, not even a complement.

It's still some people out here getting hella money hustling right!

Attachments

Last edited:

f1zero

First of all, that screenshot is from Australia using the Australian Dollar. Second, working 103 hours in one week is illegal. 10 hours max in a 24 period. So you're basically telling people to be a hazard on the road :rolleyes: the advice is good but don't be posting screenshots that aren't relevant

SEAL Team 5

I've been in this game for 3 years while I finish my BA in nursing & off to PA school. I am a single father so It's made me a hustler and theirs rules to this s*** so I made a manual.

1. Stop telling pax how much money you make & keep conversation to a minimum unless the customer insists on conversation but keep your opinions neutral. You just might talk your way into a 1 star or no tip.

2. Stop telling other drivers were the best locations are if you find a juicy spot or area. Just get your money & keep grinding. Believe it or not, there's still spots that are untouched. I personally know of this.

3. Know how your getting paid!! Stop trusting Uber & Lyft to pay you correctly. You need to understand UberPool & Lyft line so you know if it's worth your time or if your getting pimped. P.S.- If you do take a pool, learn how to game the system. KNOW THE SYSTEM!!! Other drivers have posted on here how to do so.

4. You need a budget. Stop freelancing. You should know your math breakdown. $20 for gas, $10 for food, $100 for maintenance in two weeks, etc.. If it's a slow day & you only made $100, you need to know if that's your gross or net. If not, I promise your going to stay broke & that's sad for someone who gets money every day. If you drive full time & get daily pay, you have more in common with a drug dealer than you do someone who works a 9-to-5 that gets paid every two weeks, so you have to budget like one. Your re-up money is your gas money and food money everyday. You need a stash for emergency & you should be saving money every day. Even if it's just $10 a day. You should have a end plan. Don't make Uber / Lyft your career choice. You will regret it. Have a plan for driving to lead to something else. This is a hustle, not a career.

5. Turn the app on as soon as you leave out the house. Stop trying to drive 20 miles to a hotspot to turn on the app on. As soon as you step in the car and you warm it up turn the app on. Never sit longer than 20 minutes in one spot but never drive longer than 20 minutes looking for a ping. Find a new spot & post up and you just might luck out and find a new juicy spot.

6. Customer asked you to wait without starting the trip, don't do it! Pull up to the address & let the timer begin. Once it times out, hit the no show & pull off. Time is money in our business literally & you might be missing out on a $30 run with a $10 tip for .20 cents a minute to drive someone down the block. If they can't respect your hustle & your time why bother with there's.

7. Never sign out the app unless it's completely necessary. You never know what kind of run you may miss out on & it might get slow where ur at so stay online just in case. That includes lunch breaks but not bathroom breaks.

8. Never dead head to the airport unless you need a break & you wanna take a nap on the clock & even then it's still not worth it. Airport runs are not profitable 80% of the time verses city running. Do the math. The wait times are to high (2 hours) & you just got pimped by Uber or Lyft if you wait 2 hours for a ping to drive them 3 miles on a pool run. You burnt gas & 30 minutes dead heading to Ord in traffic to sit 2 hours for an average run of $18 plus time spent driving to the pax destination. So that's about 3 hours for $18.

9. If your going to drive downtown then learn downtown. Don't risk getting in an accident for a $5 ride. It ain't worth it. Learn lower wacker, lower Michigan, the cuts on Illinois, kinize, Fairbanks & Hubbard. Know the street of the destination so you don't drive past it or turn down an alley.

10. Keep your car clean at all times. People judge your car as an extension of you. Keep it clean on the outside as weather permits & keep it clean on the inside always! Get some air freshener spray & keep a rag to keep it smelling good & feeling clean.

Follow these rules & you can make a $1000 a week or more with a high rating. Remember you can't please every customer so when you get those rude ones, just remember it's part of the game. Brush that shit off & keep it moving. Never take anything personal, not even a complement.

What's your dollar to mile/kilometer rate in your area? Are you really driving 1500 miles/2000 km a week?

NadZrag

Is this forum infiltrated by a bunch of undercover Uber reps???
Just saying. Because posting a screenshot that is not from the Chicago market is ignorant, in someway offensive and plain STUPID .
Would love to know the rates in that market tho. Can you share that????

Undercover Uber rep alert.

To all the real drivers out there, #ComplaintToFTC about rates discrepancies, and discrimination on quests assignments.

.....never sign out the app?? LoL

You can take all your commandments and stick it up your "Aussie" arse, Mr uber rep.

#ComplaintToFTC

Wil_Iam_Fuber'd

Ignoring the BS screenshot, which does not help his cause, he does say make $1,000 a week. Which I agree is reasonably possible with a 60 hr drive time, catching all peak hours plus making any incentives. It's a tough grind though. The rest of the advice is on point, I'd agree with most of it.

pizza guy

The screen shot sort of negates his entire post. That's 14+ hrs a day for 7 days!
I agree there are a lot of bs regulations but there is a good reason that is illegal. Want to find out what happens working that many hours? Ask the trucker doing 8 years after killing people on I55 because he was doing those hours.

Greenghost2212

Everybody's different and has different sleep patterns. Just because one trucker couldn't handle those hours don't mean everybody else can't. I know plenty of truckers in my family who pulls damn near the same hours but smart though.

Angelpv

I dont agree with the never drive 20 min to a hotspot if i drive mornings i always drive out to the city first then turn on the app have fun sitting in the burbs hoping for a ride in the city in traffic LOL

Juggernaut

Do the drivers get charged the airport fee or do the passengers? I had a $300+ airport fee deduction from my tax statement this year. Anyone know how they calculate that?