• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

That's it.........I'm done.

ozziejoe

Over a 1,000 rides and 2 years, time to pull the pin.(part time driver)

No more Uber for me, I'm over it. Nothing specific has happened, I've simply become bored with the low earnings and high expectations of the Pax's. The poor volume of work, largely because of the number of drivers (I suspect) is certainly a massive factor. I only ever drove Part Time, when it suited me, but even then it's hardly worth doing now, when you add in the process of running a GST compliant ABN in the transport industry.

It was good at the start, but faded in the end, just like a drunken evening in Bangkok. You feel dirty after the event, that's how I feel about it now. :o-o:

I'm NOT going to miss the smelly, demanding, door slammers that exist, even though there aren't that many. I won't miss the weak pay rate, and piss poor emails from Uber that profess I'm a partner in this business, and tell me how cutting rates and conditions will result in more earnings, give me a break !!!

I WILL miss the nice people (massive majority), the warm fuzzy feeling of a new Uber Badge, the insights into peoples lives. The flexability to "work" when I want, problem is yes it is work, but the important thing is EARN and that's a whole different story.

So it's good news guys, more rides for you, please share my plethora of now available $10 rides evenly. Play nice fellas.

Adios Joe. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

JamesBond008

Over a 1,000 rides and 2 years, time to pull the pin.(part time driver)

No more Uber for me, I'm over it. Nothing specific has happened, I've simply become bored with the low earnings and high expectations of the Pax's. The poor volume of work, largely because of the number of drivers (I suspect) is certainly a massive factor. I only ever drove Part Time, when it suited me, but even then it's hardly worth doing now, when you add in the process of running a GST compliant ABN in the transport industry.

It was good at the start, but faded in the end, just like a drunken evening in Bangkok. You feel dirty after the event, that's how I feel about it now. :o-o:

I'm NOT going to miss the smelly, demanding, door slammers that exist, even though there aren't that many. I won't miss the weak pay rate, and piss poor emails from Uber that profess I'm a partner in this business, and tell me how cutting rates and conditions will result in more earnings, give me a break !!!

I WILL miss the nice people (massive majority), the warm fuzzy feeling of a new Uber Badge, the insights into peoples lives. The flexability to "work" when I want, problem is yes it is work, but the important thing is EARN and that's a whole different story.

So it's good news guys, more rides for you, please share my plethora of now available $10 rides evenly. Play nice fellas.

Adios Joe. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Best of luck for your new job!

I agree with ozziejoe. I was also a part time uber driver and stopped driving uber a month ago due to low net earnings. I did around 1500 trips in 1.5 years and initially it was good as lot of work was available but now as the work has dried up, its no longer worth while for part time drivers.