That sucks that surge can screw up your feedback score

Kenja

So I picked up a rider that was kissed about the surge rates. Then after I dropped them off my feedback score goes down. I made a complaint. I hope they change my score. Here is what I got after I reported it..
Thanks for letting us know.

Some riders may think surge pricing is unfair. Their frustrations are not your fault, and should not be directed at you. We really appreciate you handling these challenging situations in the most professional way possible - we know it's not always easy.

Our rider app requires every rider to accept current surge pricing before requesting a ride. A fare estimate is available before and after a ride request. These resources inform riders about surge pricing.

Always remember that you too have the option to rate your riders so that we can find ways on how to improve both driver's and rider's perspectives.
Please keep in mind that we're committed to provide a safe and respectful environment for drivers and riders.

You are a wonderful partner and an asset to the Uber team. Always keep in mind that we got your back 100% and we value you as a partner. If you need assistance with anything else, please let me know and I'll be glad to help. You may also visit our help page for more information.

Stay safe as you drive!

Continue this conversation by replying to this email or going to help in your Uber app.
PREVIOUS MESSAGES
Share Details: My rider was upset because of the rate that she was charged for the ride after the ride I noticed my review went from a 4.5 and now my reading is a 4.42 I think it's unfair that my rating goes down because of search rates she was complaining to me saying if she gets charged a higher rate she can be mad and upset and I think she was upset after I drop her off so she gave me a low rating I believe if I'm wrong then I'm wrong but can you please review it and see if she gave me a load waiting because there was nothing wrong with my ride with her she was just pissed off about the surge rates thank you

mnorton

One thing I have learned is to stay away from surges if you have a lower rating. Over the july 4 weekend I got a bunch of low ratings due to surge pricing. One guy claimed he was an uber driver and I know he gave a low rating because he kept complaining about surge pricing. Luckily I have enough trips that it didn't hurt my rating much

Disgusted Driver

Always keep in mind that we got your back 100% and we value you as a partner.
That may well be the biggest lie I've ever seen from Uber. Oh wait these are the same folks that advertise making $90,000 a year and that we'll make more money when they cut fares. They have huge brass ones to write something like that when we know it isn't true.

MattyMikey

Kenja - Uber will NEVER adjust a rating. They just give you horse shit canned messages. Sorry, but that's their operational policy. Lyft will adjust ratings.

Kenja

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I usually only drive when it's surge rates. Its not worth driving at regular rates for me. I appreciate your feed back and response bud.

As for lyft.. I do want to drive for them. They sort gave me the run around. I should be driving for them. Still waiting for my sticker and they have not responded at a to me. They gave me the run around and I'm sort of frustrated with them. Its all up in the air. Hopefully they will get back to me soon. . hope you guys all have a great weekend..

Carena

I usually only drive when it's surge rates. Its not worth driving at regular rates for me. I appreciate your feed back and response bud.

As for lyft.. I do want to drive for them. They sort gave me the run around. I should be driving for them. Still waiting for my sticker and they have not responded at a to me. They gave me the run around and I'm sort of frustrated with them. Its all up in the air. Hopefully they will get back to me soon. . hope you guys all have a great weekend..
Why do you need a sticker to drive with Lyft? I drive for them and I never got a sticker.

Kenja

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
This is what happened. I was going to be in california for 3 days. I was not able to make it but offered to go to him since he was going to be in lake Tahoe. He never responded back. But this is what he wrote at the bottom...
Hey! [email protected] here. Due to your requests, I will be making a trip to Reno tomorrow so I can set you up with your starter kits and TNC stickers. I will be stationed at Starbucks (400 W 5th St #101, Reno, NV 89503) tomorrow from 11am-6pm. Please do your best to make it as the TNC stickers need to be handed out (they cannot be mailed). Please respond with wether you will make it and, if so, the time you intend to stop by. Thanks!
Text STOP to end