• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Thanks uber your new app is bonafide garbage

Seahawk3

Not that I for one second thought it would be good for us drivers. At this time the only thing nice I have to say is it looks fancier lmao.

Listing off the things I already hate

1. Airport queue no longer shows up it's just a range which is bs in smaller markets.

2. Haven't found my total 5 star ratings. I have no idea if anyone is rating me unless I get a bad rating. So now it's even harder if not impossible to spot the ones who gave a bad rating.

3. I have to go into sub menus instead of tabs to get info.

4 . Also it is harder to check on each individual trip as its buried a few layers deeper.

Seems like a great PR stunt for the public and a middle finger to the drivers.

touberornottouber

1. Airport queue no longer shows up it's just a range which is bs in smaller markets.
This is so they can manipulate the dispatch at the airport more without the driver suspecting anything. Newbie gets the 45+, you get the person going across the street to the car rental agency.
4 . Also it is harder to check on each individual trip as its buried a few layers deeper.
They don't want you to see that they are taking 45% of the fare.

columbuscatlady

The new app arrived in Chicago yesterday. It really is a piece of garbage.
The new app started here yesterday too. I couldn't find out how to do instant pay until this morning. Also had trouble trying to figure out how to cancel an order that I accepted but then didn't want. Having hard time finding order info (I do UberEats) for customer. I like the look of it though, maybe once you find out where everything is it will be easier.

kdyrpr

Since most drivers use both apps, the LYFT airport queue gives a better representation of the true amount of drivers waiting. The app simply was redesigned so Uber could tweak and fine tune all of the tricks and mind games it try's to play. They are the most disingenuous phonies. I really don't care what their motives were in launching the new one. They can run their business anyway they like. What disgusts me is their marketing of it. Help driver earn more?? Ridiculous!

überalle

The new app started here yesterday too. I couldn't find out how to do instant pay until this morning. Also had trouble trying to figure out how to cancel an order that I accepted but then didn't want. Having hard time finding order info (I do UberEats) for customer. I like the look of it though, maybe once you find out where everything is it will be easier.
Where do you find the cash out button?

steveK2016

I was a little worried about having the earnings at the top of the app like that as i run Uber and Lyft split screen on a tablet. Wouldn't want pax seeing that number, glad Uber thought ahead and included privacy mode.

So is there no way to see where our accpetance and cancellations rates are?

Thats the one thing I cant see, havent gone online or with a pax yet to really judge kf its any better.