Uberdriver_Orlando

I hope this image is self explanatory. All these people (and this is only a few places), waiting for uber x.., have money to go out, have fun, spend money, and get drunk. But, Uber doesn't want to charge a surge rate to get these people home safe and help the drivers make some better money.. ( you need a big surge to make money or lots of rides, on big surge.. because UBER X IN ORLANDO SUCKS!!!!!!!!!). I drove "select only" last night and had 4 cancellations because they thought they ordered XL.... BULL CRAP! I even had one drunk chick try to convince me on the phone to take 6 people in my car!! She must have had some ignorant foolish uber x driver let her take 6 downtown,....

GET REAL UBER!!! don't be so greedy and act as if this is your way of helping hurricane victims! They chose to spend their money getting drunk and having a good time. Let them pay for a safe ride home at a fair rate!!!!!

uber no surge.jpg

Ubertimes

I hope this image is self explanatory. All these people (and this is only a few places), waiting for uber x.., have money to go out, have fun, spend money, and get drunk. But, Uber doesn't want to charge a surge rate to get these people home safe and help the drivers make some better money.. ( you need a big surge to make money or lots of rides, on big surge.. because UBER X IN ORLANDO SUCKS!!!!!!!!!). I drove "select only" last night and had 4 cancellations because they thought they ordered XL.... BULL CRAP! I even had one drunk chick try to convince me on the phone to take 6 people in my car!! She must have had some ignorant foolish uber x driver let her take 6 downtown,....

GET REAL UBER!!! don't be so greedy and act as if this is your way of helping hurricane victims! They chose to spend their money getting drunk and having a good time. Let them pay for a safe ride home at a fair rate!!!!!

View attachment 158389

6 people in car equals
20 dollars upfront cash
Plus ride charge

Uberdriver_Orlando

No thanks, why would I risk my safety, or my drivers license for $20... is this really the mentality of drivers out there?

This is one reason so many pax abuse their drivers. One driver will do something completely stupid and the pax expect that all drivers will be that foolish.

Last edited:

Demon

View attachment 158389
Don't drive for Uber. It's that simple.

Shine'ola

I have more than 4 all the time on Select, I have a SUV and only do Select for the most part, I can tell by listening to most of them that they think Select is for 6 riders (even though it says 4) , one morning I had a private airport trip to MCO, I was driving my Sedan, not my SUV, after dropping her off I eased up toward WP, got a Select request and it was like 4 adults , one kid, and a ton of luggage, the lady thought Select was a bigger car, took my cancel and said FML

2Cents

Stop crying you made your bed now lay in it,
How you figure? Every one here is an " Independent Contractor " that cannot set his/her own rates and is expected to operate at a loss.
So much for independance.

crash

How you figure? Every one here is an " Independent Contractor " that cannot set his/her own rates and is expected to operate at a loss.

Yes you are correct you are independent contractors who choose to remain driving for an organization that cares about nothing but there bottom line, and they have demonstrated that they are never going to raise rates in Orlando in an attempt to knock Mears out of business, but with Mears having that huge Disney contract they are never going to go out of business.

If you continue to drive for such an organization that doesn't care for you and has hit the pockets of other drivers in Orlando, I have no sympathy for anyone driving for Uber. I see thousands of jobs advertised yet uber drivers continue to complain, I was a Police Officer for 31 years and have a great pension, why you choose to continue to drive for peanuts as a Uber Driver baffles me. Go out and get a real job.