Inshur

Thank Friday its Brexit

Ubend R.S.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ever since the referendum, the cost of my groceries have gone up.
Not surprising, since the Pound has lost 15%-20% of its value against the Euro.
Still nowhere near the rising costs of early 2010's. Also October 2016 (post referendum) the rising increase reversed.
Maybe take a look at increased adverse weather patterns and increased cereal costs. Then look at the global food cost patterns. Unless of course you want to blame it on Brexit.

Khanie

Still nowhere near the rising costs of early 2010's. Also October 2016 (post referendum) the rising increase reversed.
Maybe take a look at increased adverse weather patterns and increased cereal costs. Then look at the global food cost patterns. Unless of course you want to blame it on Brexit.
No mate. I'm talking about EU imports. The rising costs haven't been reversed. And if they have, who/what has absorbed them? Pound has devalued by 15%-20% against the Euro. Therefore our EU imports have become more expensive to purchase. And this has directly impacted the cost of my grocery shopping (and possibly other goods and services).

Last edited:

Ubend R.S.

This one below will give you a better understanding. Click on 10 year to see we are no where near the 2011 cost increase. Then click on max. Still less than 1991.

You sound like a daily mail reader. ๐Ÿ˜

Khanie

This one below will give you a better understanding. Click on 10 year to see we are no where near the 2011 cost increase. Then click on max. Still less than 1991.

You sound like a daily mail reader. ๐Ÿ˜
I don't really know how to explain this any better. I'm talking about EU imports. The value of Sterling has gone down, then logically, EU imports have become more expensive. Economics 101. Just like if you go to the EU on holiday, it will be more expensive because of the lower value of sterling. That data you have given is for general prices of goods, whereas I'm talking about goods and services specifically from the EU.

Last edited:

Ubend R.S.

So, you're telling me that the devaluation of Sterling is nothing to worry about? ๐Ÿ˜‚
Did I say that? You're making up arguments now.
If you want to talk about the cheap pound then ok. It was over valued way too long. I think its probably a tiny bit under its true value at the moment. As a taxi driver it's a good thing. Since its drop in 2016 we now have American families visiting the UK again. We lost them to the cheap euro years ago. The tourist trade has been good.

As for food costs there are so many factors you can't put it down to your bias over Brexit. It's day one ffs ๐Ÿ˜‚

Khanie

Did I say that? You're making up arguments now.
If you want to talk about the cheap pound then ok. It was over valued way too long. I think its probably a tiny bit under its true value at the moment. As a taxi driver it's a good thing. Since its drop in 2016 we now have American families visiting the UK again. We lost them to the cheap euro years ago. The tourist trade has been good.

As for food costs there are so many factors you can't put it down to your bias over Brexit. It's day one ffs ๐Ÿ˜‚
Okay dude, lets call it a day. :biggrin: I've already been accused of being a racist and a xenophobe. ๐Ÿ™

Quite Quiet

What is the star beside ยฃ1000, next they will be on boarding, reaching out and putting drivers well up the stack !

R.M.Ahmad

Finally the country can unite and spread some love.

Unless you're Chinese looking for an Uber ๐Ÿ˜
I wish you were right But all signs indicate that we have built the foundation to change Great Britain to little england. Nevertheless I pray it works for the good of every one of us as we don't have any other choice, we stuck with it, we have to live with it.

Khanie

I wish you were right But all signs indicate that we have built the foundation to change Great Britain to little england. Nevertheless I pray it works for the good of every one of us as we don't have any other choice, we stuck with it, we have to live with it.
Relax. You could always move to Scotland. I hear they'll be joining the EU soon. :biggrin:

Ubend R.S.

Relax. You could always move to Scotland. I hear they'll be joining the EU soon. :biggrin:
It's seems alot of people are moving there. If enough make good on their threats it'll cure the immigration deficiency. Though their kids will have a good chance of failing education, becoming skag addicts and eventually dying a premature death. But hey they can wave the EU flag with the other little scotlanders ๐Ÿ˜

Blueskyplus

No mate. I'm talking about EU imports. The rising costs haven't been reversed. And if they have, who/what has absorbed them? Pound has devalued by 15%-20% against the Euro. Therefore our EU imports have become more expensive to purchase. And this has directly impacted the cost of my grocery shopping (and possibly other goods and services).
The only thing that hasn't gone up-
guess what -
Our belovely uber rates