Uber Drivers Forum banner

Th waiting lot @Airport....

4K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  BigBadBob 
#1 ·
Let me guess... is the cell phone waiting lot the area where is Uber drivers are to wait while @the airport? Here's a picture...

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Hi danielle. I went to the airport in dayton the day of the heavy snow. I am from columbus and i drive for lyft. At dayton there is a lot where all of the taxis hang out. As you travel a little.. beside them a service road ...and a car rental company That is where rideshare parks. You will know you are there when you see the car rental drivers bringing cars in and out of the driveway and your screen should say you are in queue.I waited a long time being the only one (it is first in first out) and never got a request. I figured not enough riders yet.

https://help.lyft.com/hc/en-us/articles/234948108

#4 ·
don't think there's true Uber parking area that Uber recognizes as a first in/first out queue as most bigger airports have. I've found DAY airport typically is slow with several drivers and few riders.

Hi danielle. I went to the airport in dayton the day of the heavy snow. I am from columbus and i drive for lyft. At dayton there is a lot where all of the taxis hang out. As you travel a little.. beside them a service road ...and a car rental company That is where rideshare parks. You will know you are there when you see the car rental drivers bringing cars in and out of the driveway and your screen should say you are in queue.I waited a long time being the only one (it is first in first out) and never got a request. I figured not enough riders yet.

#3 ·
When I was home visiting my parents (I live in Cbus and drive lyft/uber there) I drove for the basketball finals, no lie I left the lyft app open the whole time I drove Uber and I never got one LYFT request. I made $50 in 5 hours during a period I would make at least double that here in CBus

#6 ·
I have sat in that lot. Never saw anything on my app saying i was in a queue. Have waited an hour on occasion, usually when there have been a few arrivals in and still no ping. Have had better luck being on 40 and getting pings for Vandalia, Huber, Endelwood and even Troy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.