Inshur

TfL / Uber Medical - Help!!

Aj93

Hey Guys,

My license is coming upto 3 years in Jan and I really want to gain a ph license for Uber work in London.

However, in the past two months i have seen my gp for two problems - 1. Knee Pain which I am being referred to physio for and 2. Anxiety/Insomnia which I have been prescribed sleeping tablets.

I am really worried if I apply to TfL because of these two health problems, I will not be allowed a ph license or work with Uber. Can anyone advise me please?

Thanks

I know not what I do

Hey Guys,

My license is coming upto 3 years in Jan and I really want to gain a ph license for Uber work in London.

However, in the past two months i have seen my gp for two problems - 1. Knee Pain which I am being referred to physio for and 2. Anxiety/Insomnia which I have been prescribed sleeping tablets.

I am really worried if I apply to TfL because of these two health problems, I will not be allowed a ph license or work with Uber. Can anyone advise me please?

Thanks
Driving and on sleeping tablets are you joking mate.
Better find work elsewhere where there's no health check and you don't pose a threat to everyone.

World's finest

Hey Guys,

Thanks
I don't know what TfL will say but if you want to drive for uber full time, then the knee pain might be a problem.
On the other side, the insomnia will come more than handy.

NightRyder

You will be fine, obviously u will be taking the tablets before u go to sleep not when u are driving. Plus if they are strong sleeping tablets, the doctors only prescribe you it for a very short temporary term to help you get into the rhythm of sleeping again.

The knee pain is not a problem, lol i am sure there are some of these old timers driving tractors that have got more serious problems and are still are allowed to get licensed!

Dont let anyone here scare you. You will be fine.

I know not what I do

You will be fine, obviously u will be taking the tablets before u go to sleep not when u are driving. Plus if they are strong sleeping tablets, the doctors only prescribe you it for a very short temporary term to help you get into the rhythm of sleeping again.

The knee pain is not a problem, lol i am sure there are some of these old timers driving tractors that have got more serious problems and are still are allowed to get licensed!

That's right he's only suicidal on Tuesdays and Thursdays and that's his days off so it's ok.
And if one leg don't work just use the other one.
The lampposts of London will be safe from this one TfL.

Aj93

Thanks for the reassurance. Do you know how early I can apply for my pH license as I will have held my drivers licence for an exact 3 years in January?

NightRyder

Thanks for the reassurance. Do you know how early I can apply for my pH license as I will have held my drivers licence for an exact 3 years in January?
Not sure, give them a quick call is best way to find out

Last edited by a moderator:

MrPoober

Hey Guys,

Thanks
Don't worry mate, there's plenty of Uber drivers out there with symptoms ten times worse than yours.
Hallucinating, delusions of grandeur, partial blindness, psychopathic tendencies and that's just the ones on this forum.
You'll fit straight in.
We used to have a part-time kitchen fitter cum Uber driver who suffered anxiety issues which prevented him driving in London and yet he still earned fortunes. Remember, always follow your dream.

essexman

Hey Guys,

Thanks

Best thing to do is apply for HGV provisional liceance for which you will need a medical if you pass the medical you gain hgv provisional which means you don't need to have medical for TFL if you fail you will have saved 400 on fees and know where you stand as they are both same medical and you won't even need to set foot in a hgv.

Anxiety will be the one that fails if any I'd go hgv route because TFL are the slowest most incompetent at dealing with medical could take them a year to sort it.

Aj93

Best thing to do is apply for HGV provisional liceance for which you will need a medical if you pass the medical you gain hgv provisional which means you don't need to have medical for TFL if you fail you will have saved 400 on fees and know where you stand as they are both same medical and you won't even need to set foot in a hgv.

Anxiety will be the one that fails if any I'd go hgv route because TFL are the slowest most incompetent at dealing with medical could take them a year to sort it.

Is a hgv same as provisional bus licence?

essexman

How is it you don't require a medical even if you have the provisional licence? On the tfl pvh application will they not ask you for a medical from a GP with two year history?

Because the medical for PCO is the same as the provisional licence for bus or hgv and lasts 10 years.

UberLuxbod

How is it you don't require a medical even if you have the provisional licence? On the tfl pvh application will they not ask you for a medical from a GP with two year history?

If you have a PCV or LGV Provisional entitlement you must have a valid Group 2 Medical.

You may also need to see an Optician separately.

You can also sign on the KoL using the same Exemption.

You are aware how expensive your H&R will be as you are an inexperienced driver?

Your annual mileage will likely be more than you have driven in your entire driving career.

My advice?

Get a proper PAYE job, if you like driving get a Bus Licence.

At least then you will have a PCV Lic and Driver CPC to fall back on.