Inshur
WoW Boyz/Sisters

just came back from TFL inspection , and guess my inspection failed .....why ? cuz I have latest model dash camera fitted in my car a Blackvue DR900s. Was told that the camera is not on the TLF approved dash camera list. But some of the links I found on the TFL's pdf approved list wastn't even working.Such a monopolistic institution is TFL. Only approved dash camera allowed from 2010. I really love my DR900s , don't want to sell it for crappy dash cam. Love you TFL!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Bit silly then
you cant even see the models TLF is linking on their website/report. When I contacted one of the approved seller ect , he was mentioning £300 with installation included on some later model which they trying to approve by TFL absolute joke

UberLuxbod

This is best solution, good I didn't install rear view camera too :whistling:
Post automatically merged:

Naah I was more interested into buying "the best" camera out there
I don’t think the Blackvue is the best camera out there.

All Blackvue have to do is pay TFL for approval, it’s just a money maker for them anyway, they don’t care one way or the other.

you cant even see the models TLF is linking on their website/report. When I contacted one of the approved seller ect , he was mentioning £300 with installation included on some later model which they trying to approve by TFL absolute joke
So you are complaining about £300?

But you paid not much less than that for a Blackvue 900s?

Cabbie2B

WoW Boyz/Sisters

just came back from TFL inspection , and guess my inspection failed .....why ? cuz I have latest model dash camera fitted in my car a Blackvue DR900s. Was told that the camera is not on the TLF approved dash camera list. But some of the links I found on the TFL's pdf approved list wastn't even working.Such a monopolistic institution is TFL. Only approved dash camera allowed from 2010. I really love my DR900s , don't want to sell it for crappy dash cam. Love you TFL!!
I have old 160 degree lense Transcdent 200 and suction cup mounted. Goes down before every inspection. Been pulled over by compliance team few time, never said nothing.

Was it your camera hard wired or plugged?

I have old 160 degree lense Transcdent 200 and suction cup mounted. Goes down before every inspection. Been pulled over by compliance team few time, never said nothing.

Was it your camera hard wired or plugged?
Hi,
Its hardwired , I pulled all the cables and the camera for the inspection today. All good without it , inspection passed. But not sure if I want to mount it back up again. Compliance team pulled me over a few times before... with my other car I was renting right, I'm sure my camera again was Blackvue but older model, same never said nothing. Not sure what to do now ??

One of the best.
well, its miles,years ahead from the TFL's approved cameras. When you mention Blackvue (DR900s) you often hear "top of the range". I do like all the features you get with the camera. Honestly for £399/£499 you will enjoy it. Have voice recording,motion,parking mode,auto delete, gps, auto upload, shared location, speed recording (on/off) option, you can preview when ever you want, safe and upload to cloud etc. ... No more"boss why you so rude , im reporting you to uber" ...you got prove now, video and audio ?

Before u go just take it out simple
yeah, always have to learn the hard way !!

TFL is a racket.
I dont want to funny yeah, but when TFL "Police" pulled me over once, the inspector made me move the phone holder to the side, my argument was, if I do that I wont be able to see properly , reply was "do it because I am telling you".

Last edited: