Inshur

tfl english test

TfL don’t know what they are doing.

I have sent them copies of my certificates on previous 2 renewals, including some BTEC Level 3’s I did a few years ago.

I still have the bit on my PH Lic about the English test.

If they think I am going to sit an English Test they have another thing coming

Any luck?

SwissToni

I send my school & college ce
TfL don’t know what they are doing.

I have sent them copies of my certificates on previous 2 renewals, including some BTEC Level 3’s I did a few years ago.

I still have the bit on my PH Lic about the English test.

If they think I am going to sit an English Test they have another thing coming
if you have British qualifications they never come back to you. They just send out the generic letter, it's because their systems not set up properly. I telephoned to check on my previous renewal 14mths ago they said dont worry your quals are fine nothing more for me to do. Renewal came through fine.
Dont fall for the scams, if you got certs from English school then you've met the requirements, just send them along and put the ball in TFL court.

Rich79

I just did the Ola Versant English test, not a problem as I was born here, but it’s much much harder than any other type of English test needed for private hire, visas etc.

R.M.Ahmad

Same here. I have sent on my 2 previous renewal too.BTEC level 5
Recently made an inquiry they replied this
I am in the same situation. Previously they accepted my English test certificate. But on my new ph licence, they didn't, they want to check it since 6 months ago.

SwissToni

I’m not even sure if I have to do anything, I gave my gcse certificates with my original application, I have this on the paperwork they sent me View attachment 503842
Here you go, read the full document, put your mind at rest.

Any application for a new or renewal private hire driver's licence that was received on or after 14 October 2016 have until 30 September 2021 to provide evidence that they comply with the English language requirement (ELR).
No further action is needed by anyone who has submitted satisfactory evidence that they comply with the ELR, unless we contact them to request anything further. If a licensee or applicant has not yet provided evidence, they now have until 30 September 2021 to do so.

Full document at:
https://tfl.gov.uk/info-for/taxis-and-private-hire/english-language-requirement

On my PHV Licence renewed Nov 2019. Top right hand corner its says:
“Relevant transitional arrangement (1) - evidence of meeting the English language requirement”

Previous renewal to the one in Nov 2019 I sent in the same evidence:
GCSE English certs
College Diploma
Degree cert in Computer Science.

They have never contacted me again about English language requirement.
Post automatically merged:

Where does it say that
Any application for a new or renewal private hire driver's licence that was received on or after 14 October 2016 have until 30 September 2021 to provide evidence that they comply with the English language requirement (ELR).
No further action is needed by anyone who has submitted satisfactory evidence that they comply with the ELR, unless we contact them to request anything further. If a licensee or applicant has not yet provided evidence, they now have until 30 September 2021 to do so.

Full document at:
https://tfl.gov.uk/info-for/taxis-and-private-hire/english-language-requirement

Last edited:

SwissToni

So now they changed it to September 2021. They have been changing it year after year since 2017.
Like I said they haven't got the staff or the technology in place, bunch of tossers just make it up as they go along, TFL really is a shambles totaly unfit for purpose.

What a bunch of [email protected]@@@rs they are! You lose time and money to pass idiotic test for 4 y.o. kids just for the sake of... This organisation should be outlawed and members of management put in prison with no right of hearing at court.Great European city driven to Karachi/Islamabad level. For our safety and wellbeing (key words).
I gotta go pal, my stomach wants to empty.

Redman3

Hi there

Does anyone know where can I do english test in west london/surrey area ? on google search u have mainly trinity doing this and some places in east london...

regards
Don't mean to be rude but do you need to create a topic to find out?
Mr google is a better way.
English school in sw19 worple road

SwissToni

Was about to pay £250 to a college for the test and somehow didnt manage to book it online.
You got some time in the bank but I wouldn't wait too long before the deadline. TFL are rubbish at processing documents so the closer you approach the end date a deluge of people will be rushing to submit docs. Its gonna be a big traffic jam.
We apologise for delays due to wrong kind of leaves on tracks!!!??

D-ton

Hi there

Does anyone know where can I do english test in west london/surrey area ? on google search u have mainly trinity doing this and some places in east london...

regards
Go to tfl website english requirement page. There's a link that would take to u to trinity college website. Once there choose what u need the course for(tfl phl). It will show u the type of course u need to take. West london site is on hammersmith i think. But u can take it on croydon too. Just follow the instructions on the website. The deadline has been extended til sep 21
Post automatically merged:

its not too late its till end of september

Attachments