1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership.

Texting option not available any longer?

Discussion in 'New Jersey' started by Skyhakw2472, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Skyhakw2472

Skyhakw2472

Driving:
    UberX
    Did anyone else notice during the last update that the text the passenger feature is no longer available when they go to contact driver? Maybe it was a glitch on my phone yesterday, but none of my passengers had the option of texting directly from their contact. I just had the option to call. I thought it was strange and nobody texted me either, they just called when they needed to contact me. I wonder if that option was removed. Maybe my phone just needs to be upgraded.

2. Oscar Levant

Oscar Levant

Driving:
    UberX
    I did a number of texts yesterday not seeing this over here

3. LEAFdriver

LEAFdriver Moderator

Driving:
    Lyft
    Yes....I did notice that....but I have the spoofed number saved on my phone as 'RIDER' so I don't actually NEED to go through the 'contact rider' option via the app. I just use my phone's texting capability...and directly TEXT the rider that way. I've been doing that since day one and have never had a problem....except for the 2 times that UBER has actually CHANGED my Uber # and failed to notify me! LOL (Took a day or 2 each time to figure out why no one was responding to my texts...and then later learned that was no longer my Uber # ! ) :eek:

4. Snowman

Snowman

Just upgraded the app this afternoon and noticed the same thing - not very convenient :(

5. XUBERX

XUBERX

Driving:
    UberX
    I did texted pax when I started doing uber, but now I just sit and wait 5 minutes for the cancellation fee, this morning had one pax that didn't come out on time and right when I was about to cancel and collect the fee, the ***** came out and said "sorry,sorry I didn't know you were here", I had a pleasant conversation with her till her destination and at the end of the trip I told her "have a nice day and I'll be giving you 5 stars", she apologized again for being late and said "I'll give you 5 stars too, and as soon as I was 5 feet away from her, I gave her 3 stars, biatchhhhh.....

6. Skyhakw2472

Skyhakw2472

Driving:
    UberX
    I guess we all think that the passengers are sitting there watching the car drive toward them. Realistically they are doing other things and trying to get ready for work or their trip or paying the bill after dinner. I noticed that Uber overestimates the time quite a bit. When I switch to Waze I see the time could be off by 5 minutes or more. Therefore if the rider is not there waiting when I pull up I will give the courtesy of at least 1 call after I have been there 2 minutes. If I don't get any answer then another 2 minutes a second call. Still no answer then 2 minutes more and I will give a final call and cancel if I don't hear from them. Like I said I would rather have a ride then have to go to my next pickup waiting for who knows long and driving for who knows as well. If I made the attempt to get there then I don't want to go away empty either. That's just my preference. I know everyone has their own ways.

7. gmc

gmc

Driving:
    UberX
    I wait 2-3 minutes and give them a call let them know that I'm outside and whenever they are ready to come no need to rush. If they don't answer I just wait the five and cancel and drive away
    I made the mistake one time of driving away and they call me right back . They requested the pick up I got the ping and pick them up only to screw myself because they were upset I drove away in the first place and give me a low rating after all so now after a drive away I'm not coming back no matter what and they usually call begging for me to came back
    One call and that's it collect cancel fee and move on

cooldude likes this.
  8. cooldude

cooldude

Chances your passenger is traveling only couple miles away are more than 50%, specially if you are picking up from a train station, a local bar or restaurant or a mall, i rather collect an easy cancellation fee and drive off than dealing with the client and wasting another 10 mins for the same price

gmc and XUBERX like this.
  9. gmc

gmc

Driving:
    UberX
    I must agree with you in this one 100%

10. Skyhakw2472

Skyhakw2472

Driving:
    UberX
    Looks like they fixed the texting option during the latest update. However they caused other issues like the app continuing to stay active even when going offline. So I have to manually force close the app in order for the blue bar to stop blinking at the top. One of these days they will figure it out completely :)