1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

text message uber mishap

Discussion in 'Notifications' started by Fuzzyelvis, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Fuzzyelvis

Fuzzyelvis

Driving:
    UberX
    So we've been getting way too many texts and tonight I got one that looks like it was a part of a conversation about what texts to send. Didn't say it was from uber at the top and so on. Proof they sit around trying to figure out how to make us scurry around. See below: Screenshot_2015-09-06-01-13-17.png

2. UBERZERKER

UBERZERKER

Driving:
    UberX
  3. Chicago-uber

Chicago-uber

Ooo, someone is getting fired

4. BurgerTiime

BurgerTiime

Driving:
    Lyft
    They used to send those messages out like crazy. Super annoying! I asked them to stop texting me cause I was at my other job and many times sleeping. God I hate spam! :mad:

5. Fuzzyelvis

Fuzzyelvis

Driving:
    UberX
    I just checked. In the last 24 hours I've received 24 texts from them including the "mistake" one. They had some stupid contest going and the text volume was even worse than usual.

6. Oh My

Oh My

LOL. I worked for a large company in Chicago and an HR person sent an e-mail but mistakenly attached a spreadsheet listing people that were obviously getting canned the next quarter. The email was "recalled" in about 5 minutes but we had all already downloaded the file. Everyone stood up from their cubes at the same time in awe.

LAuberX likes this.
  7. Another Uber Driver

Another Uber Driver Moderator

Driving:
    UberTAXI
    One of the best lessons that I received from a Jesuit edge-uh-mah-kayshinn was the precept that I should proofread, proofread and proofread, then proofread, again. When I fail to follow that precept, it shows.

8. ReviTULize

ReviTULize

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Yup...if you reply "stop" to the text message, they go away. I did that a long time ago

9. ReviTULize

ReviTULize

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Now everyone in your market has direct phone/sms access to a csr

Optimus Uber likes this.
  10. Optimus Uber

Optimus Uber

Driving:
    UberLUX
    Explains why those jack asses are always wrong. They sent one last night here in LA for two cities that were dead. It was Santa Monica and I think either Venice or Marina. The pic below shows the surge for those areas and where it actually was hot.

They always make themselves look like the biggest buffoons.

image.jpg

11. denverxdriver

denverxdriver

Driving:
    UberX
    How do you get that information like that?

12. Michael - Cleveland

Michael - Cleveland Moderator

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    OPT OUT OF TXT MESSAGING
    Simply reply to a txt with "STOP"

You'll live a much happier life and I promise you won't miss anything important.

13. UberMeansSuper

UberMeansSuper

Driving:
    UberX
    It's an app called "Surge" (I think it's for iPhone only) but you can only do 1 ZIP code at a time in free mode.
    Subscriptions are:
    • $4.99 for 1 month
    • $13.99 for 3 months
    • $25.99 for 6 months
    • $47.99 for 1 year
    The one time I wish an app HAD ads.

14. andaas

andaas

Driving:
    Lyft
    I don't trust these apps that require me to sign-in to my Uber account. Too much personal information is available.

15. Michael - Cleveland

Michael - Cleveland Moderator

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    I can understand that reluctance.
    But it helps to understand that the reason they need that info is because Uber makes an API (Application Programming Interface) available to software developers that allows them to create software, like SherpaShare and Surge and the API requires the user's login credentials in order to provide information specific to the driver.

Personally, I'm not worried about the security... at the first hint of an abuse of the account or problem it's easy enough to change my Uber password (or in the event of a serious breach, like someone hacking my account to where I can't login, simply have Uber reset everything).

16. andaas

andaas

Driving:
    Lyft
    Actually, I hadn't really checked until just now, but I see that the banking information is masked on the site (that uses the same credentials to access). So at least that is a little easier to accept. However, nothing to stop a malicious party from changing the account information to their own, lol.

Michael - Cleveland likes this.