Text from Uber..? What's this about???

RightTurnClyde

image.jpeg
Anyone else get this? First I find it strange that I would get it since I don't uber much anymore but that's besides the point. What interests me is that when you click on the form and read over it, there are NO details whatsoever as to what the promo is, or what participants would be doing. Anyways, thought I'd share with you all since maybe some you got it as well and maybe one of you has an "uber secret decoder ring"...

northmont

They're probably just paying guarantees during the day because they have no drivers. I've had to take uber myself for work 5 times in the last three days and each one has told me they just do it in their spare time and have another job. There was a 2x surge in doraville and Norcross at 3 pm today when I had to get to Marta to head to the airport. There is no other reason for that other than rates so low they cannot get unemployed people to work during the day.

NuberUber

They're probably just paying guarantees during the day because they have no drivers. I've had to take uber myself for work 5 times in the last three days and each one has told me they just do it in their spare time and have another job. There was a 2x surge in doraville and Norcross at 3 pm today when I had to get to Marta to head to the airport. There is no other reason for that other than rates so low they cannot get unemployed people to work during the day.
I wonder, but the text makes it sound like an actual "event" of some sort, not just an hourly guarantee. Plus I think those hourly guarantees usually come from Uber via email.

There are surges all over the city during the rush hour times, every single day. I think the demand in Atlanta is just way higher than supply at the moment. They do keep mentioning it in the weekly events email, trying to encourage drivers to get on the road during those hours.

Perhaps this could mean a rate change? Time will tell but I am sure it freaks Uber out to have so much surge all the time. There is definitely something psychological about it to the riders and long term, it could cost Uber the customers they need.

slappykid69

I got the txt and ive done promos for them in the past... It will usually be a promotion at an off site event or something uber is delivering and all you have to do is request it and uber will deliver it... Example the kittens, or puppies, or any of those promotions... If you got the txt i would say DO IT, they are fun and plus u get guranteed money, and is while the slowest time of he day.

Cogburn

I got the txt and ive done promos for them in the past... It will usually be a promotion at an off site event or something uber is delivering and all you have to do is request it and uber will deliver it... Example the kittens, or puppies, or any of those promotions... If you got the txt i would say DO IT, they are fun and plus u get guranteed money, and is while the slowest time of he day.
Ahh, I remember a couple of years ago there was some deal with Uber to request a kit to make a gourmet dinner for two delivered to you. It was a pretty good deal and high quality ingredients. I ordered it, and sure enough a guy showed up and opened his trunk and pulled out a prepackaged cooler and handed it to me.

UberLuber

Ahh, I remember a couple of years ago there was some deal with Uber to request a kit to make a gourmet dinner for two delivered to you. It was a pretty good deal and high quality ingredients. I ordered it, and sure enough a guy showed up and opened his trunk and pulled out a prepackaged cooler and handed it to me.
I did that meal delivery. I was given 12 meals to deliver over a 2 hour period. I was paid $80 and delivered all my meals in about 1.5 hours. Easy money. No 20% to Uber just a flat $80 to me.
I got one the other day about delivering Girl Scout cookies for $14/hour. How far we've fallen.