• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Tess Holliday Boycotts Uber After Driver Body-Shames Her: ‘I’m Fat But I Also Have a Fat Wallet’

BurgerTiime

http://people.com/bodies/tess-holliday-uber-boycott-body-shame/
Instagram post:
https://instagram.com/p/BTC5CtgB9hY/

Model Tess Holliday is boycotting Uber after one if its drivers allegedly body-shamed her.

The size 22 supermodel took to Instagram on Tuesday, showing video of a male driver asking her about her cholesterol.

“My driver who is fat is questioning if I’m healthy,” Holliday, 31, wrote on the video.

“My cholesterol is fine, I’m perfect,” she can be heard telling him. “I’m healthy.”

In the video’s caption, the mother of two claimed the driver’s questioning stopped after she told him she was healthy — as he turned the radio on and changed the subject.

The incident was so upsetting, Holliday said she wouldn’t be using Uber again.

“Hey UBER I don’t pay more to use your “black car” service to be told that there’s no way I could possibly be healthy because I’m fat & then questioning it,” she said. “No one should have to tolerate this at any level of the services you offer.”

“I’m fat. I also have a fat wallet & will no longer be using your services. Ever,” she continued. “#putmymoneywheremymouthis.”

Uber has not responded to PEOPLE’s request for comment.

Last edited:

PrestonT

He didn't say there's no way she could possibly be healthy. He's overweight, and probably has cholesterol issues, and was probably curious if she battles that. She read the insult into it.

This is why I don't talk a lot when I drive women, particularly when they are riding alone.

DocT

He didn't say there's no way she could possibly be healthy. He's overweight, and probably has cholesterol issues, and was probably curious if she battles that. She read the insult into it.
That's exactly what I was thinking.

This is why I don't talk a lot when I drive women, particularly when they are riding alone.
^^^^^ YES! I only greet and make a comment about the weather, to gauge the possibility of a conversation.

dirtylee

I was willing to give the driver the benefit of doubt until I noticed it was black car.
What a dumbass of epic proportions, just drive & keep your mouth shut. He should be immediately demoted to only X/XL/Pool.

PrestonT

I was willing to give the driver the benefit of doubt until I noticed it was black car.
What a dumbass of epic proportions, just drive & keep your mouth shut. He should be immediately demoted to only X/XL/Pool.
Of course he should have kept his mouth shut. That doesn't mean he insinuated what she is accusing him if insinuating.....

dirtylee

Of course he should have kept his mouth shut. That doesn't mean he insinuated what she is accusing him if insinuating.....
Uber black = kiss ass. If you can't handle it, GTFO & do X/pool. Maybe if he had a dash cam to refute the claims but this is wholly unacceptable.

She did the right thing by not publicly ID him.

MothMan

Is it really Uber Black? I thought all the Uber Black drivers wore suits. This driver is definitely not in a suit.

Bart McCoy

she's a big one
the tat's aren't helping her either
she's trying to save face with the make-up
I'm pretty sure her doctor has health concerns

With that being said, all we hear is one word from the driver: klo est er rawl
She runs with that and accuses the driver of saying she wasnt healthy. Way to twist one word tess holiday. Females, I swear....

Supermodel? I'll pass

Jermin8r89

she's a big one
the tat's aren't helping her either
she's trying to save face with the make-up
I'm pretty sure her doctor has health concerns

With that being said, all we hear is one word from the driver: klo est er rawl
She runs with that and accuses the driver of saying she wasnt healthy. Way to twist one word tess holiday. Females, I swear....

Supermodel? I'll pass
Oh baby! Thats alot of cushion :wink::smiles: