Tesla rollout out the Tesla Network

BiggerDog

For these type of statements, the SEC should just remove Musk permanently from Tesla.

1mm cars...They can’t seem to maintain a sales force to sell Model IIIs.

Even his two cousins left.

Second best short in the world.

Tesla came in second to last place on autonomous. Waymo is a joke too, unless you think testing in SF at 0400 or in the desert counts.

GM is probably in front of all of them and that is barely level 3.

If you guys really must know - Dara, Toyota, Denso and SoftBank are at Uber right now working on your future replacements.

Last edited:

Grand Lake

It's a pretty smart idea if they can make it work - they don't have to own the fleet, *or* pay drivers; they just run everything with computers. Plus they profit from making and selling the cars initially.

The other night, I watched a live YouTube broadcast of the launch of one of Elon's rockets. The two side boosters separated from the rocket and dropped right back down and landed upright exactly where they were supposed to at the launch pad, and the main one did the same thing except it landed on a drone ship somewhere out at sea. If the guy can figure out how to do this, he can figure out how to make Model 3's drive themselves to Starbucks to pick up Jordan and Taylor and take them home.

Last edited:

Yomann

This vision assumes current owners of Tesla cars will put up their vehicles for use as rideshare fleets ?
Heck - I would not even allow my 3 yr old Mazda to be occupied by pax when I am not there !
I think he put out this press release just to mess with Uber's IPO

wicked

Tesla is going down. I'm waiting for a real electric by Mercedes/BMW/Audi that drives as awesome as it looks.

warsaw

Elon is not to be underestimated. He’s a true genius, but what’s doing is totally designed to deflate some of the air out of UBER before the upcoming IPO.

We’re on the cusp of making radical changes in transportation, but unfortunately there’ll be winners and losers!

The drivers are not going to be among the winners, and that’s sadly the truth!
Post automatically merged:

Hahahaha save your money.

Last edited:

nurburgringsf

It's a pretty smart idea if they can make it work - they don't have to own the fleet, *or* pay drivers; they just run everything with computers. Plus they profit from making and selling the cars initially.

The other night, I watched a live YouTube broadcast of the launch of one of Elon's rockets. The two side boosters separated from the rocket and dropped right back down and landed upright exactly where they were supposed to at the launch pad, and the main one did the same thing except it landed on a drone ship somewhere out at sea. If the guy can figure out how to do this, he can figure out how to make Model 3's drive themselves to Starbucks to pick up Jordan and Taylor and take them home.
I'm with the optimists on this one. Landing those rockets isn't all that hard. It uses the same concept of carefully computer aided thrust/exhaust control (gimballing, gyroscopes, computing) Werner Von Braun achieved this in the days of the V2 rocket although to a much simpler degree but the same concept essentially. Also these rockets won't be landing millions of times per day.

These self driving cars will get into many accidents once they roll out this year or the next. They will be doing hundreds of thousands of trips per week and once you get into the millions there will eventually be many accidents and deaths to come.

People simply don't trust those things. Most people don't understand advanced programming language nor do they know how those sensors work in tandem with the code.

Most people don't care that 37,000 people die each year in this country due to car accidents. They understand and are familiar with human agency as the cause of those deaths. 5 or 6 people die in a self driving car accident and its over for those companies. It will take a lot of time to condition people to trust those things.

DollarFree

Good ol’ Elon, his latest space landing craft goes up in flames on the test pad and we get pie in the sky time. Again.
Still, I hope Cray-Cray ran this past his tweet censor lawyer. There’s “financially insane” and then there’s “Mad as Musk”.
Anyone use one of those tunnels to get across LA today?

Grand Lake

This vision assumes current owners of Tesla cars will put up their vehicles for use as rideshare fleets ?
Heck - I would not even allow my 3 yr old Mazda to be occupied by pax when I am not there !
Look at all the people who let complete strangers do short-term rentals of property they own through AirBnB, resort condo rental pools, etc. How is this any different?

Hillary_Clinton

U/L is like investing in a technology that doesn’t exist and isn’t profitable if it were to come to light. Tesla is the next Pontiac/Saturn. I believe Elon has been a high risk taker and that is what innovation needs however there will be some hidenburgs. We won’t be talking about this guy in the near future.

dragnet

I wouldn't be too dismissive of Musk. And I'm saying that as someone here who has repeatedly stated that autonomous vehicles are at least a decade away. The Gigafactory is hitting $100/kWh for battery cost some 5 years before others said it would be possible. Landing rockets back on their launch pads is an extremely audacious and complex task, primarily (as I understand it) because of the thrust control required.

What bothers me about U/L is that they aren't adequately utilizing drivers for the most valuable thing they have to offer: Data. Imagine if Google was just a search engine and never collected any user data. That's what U/L are doing now. They're leaving the most valuable element of their business model completely untapped.

DollarFree

U/L is like investing in a technology that doesn’t exist and isn’t profitable if it were to come to light. Tesla is the next Pontiac/Saturn. I believe Elon has been a high risk taker and that is what innovation needs however there will be some hidenburgs. We won’t be talking about this guy in the near future.
I agree, except we’ll still be hearing about Musk cos he’s a natural attention grabber, and one of the best ever at getting hold of other people’s money to spend on his whimsies.
All his project are funded using OPM. Tesla was created using fees imposed on other car companies for not having an electric fleet. His space program is fully federally funded. And if LA ever agrees to pay for giant tunnels his Boring Company will be in business.

Robert Larrison

ROFL
His charade partner is prolly Elizabeth Holmes of Theranos
Buy my magic bicycle,
It flies and makes you money while you sleep

BeansnRice

For these type of statements, the SEC should just remove Musk permanently from Tesla.

1mm cars...They can’t seem to maintain a sales force to sell Model IIIs.

Even his two cousins left.

Second best short in the world.

Tesla came in second to last place on autonomous. Waymo is a joke too, unless you think testing in SF at 0400 or in the desert counts.

GM is probably in front of all of them and that is barely level 3.

If you guys really must know - Dara, Toyota, Denso and SoftBank are at Uber right now working on your future replacements.
Are there finally manufacturing jobs in SF? How much do they pay? Union?