• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

terminated

Captain Steve

My mother in law has been a driver for a few years now mostly out of Maryland. She is also a snowbird and comes to Florida in the winter so she has a FL drivers license. She recently moved permanently to Florida and tried to transfer all her Uber info to Florida. A drivers license is valid for 8 years in Florida. So when she was updating her info with Uber and sent them her drivers license and picture, they said it was not her and that she is trying to give them fraudulent paperwork. So they terminated her. She is a 70 year old woman born in America. She can’t help that she aged a little in almost 8 years since her last driver’s license photo was taken. This is her only source of income besides a small social security check each month. What can we do to get her reinstated? Please help if you know a solution to get her driving again. Thank you

BigRedDriver

My mother in law has been a driver for a few years now mostly out of Maryland. She is also a snowbird and comes to Florida in the winter so she has a FL drivers license. She recently moved permanently to Florida and tried to transfer all her Uber info to Florida. A drivers license is valid for 8 years in Florida. So when she was updating her info with Uber and sent them her drivers license and picture, they said it was not her and that she is trying to give them fraudulent paperwork. So they terminated her. She is a 70 year old woman born in America. She can’t help that she aged a little in almost 8 years since her last driver’s license photo was taken. This is her only source of income besides a small social security check each month. What can we do to get her reinstated? Please help if you know a solution to get her driving again. Thank you
A green light hub has actual people in it. She’ll go in with her documents, explain the situation and demand (nicely) to be reactivated. If they refuse, have her contact the Secretary of State and tell them that she believes she’s being discriminated based on her age.

TemptingFate

She couldn't drive in Maryland with a Florida license so she must have had a Maryland one. Then she presented a Florida license that is several years old. Therefore, she held 2 licenses at the same time which is illegal. Uber is not that dumb and deactivated her due to suspect fraud. Might be hard to explain if she did in fact hold 2 state licenses at the same time.

BigRedDriver

She couldn't drive in Maryland with a Florida license so she must have had a Maryland one. Then she presented a Florida license that is several years old. Therefore, she held 2 licenses at the same time which is illegal. Uber is not that dumb and deactivated her due to suspect fraud. Might be hard to explain if she did in fact hold 2 state licenses at the same time.
Florida allows you to have drivers licenses from two different states.

This is a bit confusing though.

rkozy

If they refuse, have her contact the Secretary of State and tell them that she believes she’s being discriminated based on her age.
That was actually my instinctive reaction to this story. Uber seems like one of those sleazy companies who will manufacture shady reasons to terminate an elderly person. They probably have some research somewhere that proves if they eliminate older members of their "driver partner" contingent, their profit margins go up by 0.03% every year.

Human dignity isn't really Uber's wheelhouse. Uber is the dung beetle, and we are the pile of sh!t that it feasts on.

Captain Steve

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Have her go to the nearest GLH.
n
no true. She owns 2 properties, one in each state and because she goes back in forth she only had a Florida driver’s license. I know this for a fact.
Post automatically merged:

Florida allows you to have drivers licenses from two different states.

This is a bit confusing though.

Not true. Florida doesn’t allow that. They just don’t check on it like other states do. But again she only has and has had a license in Florida for the last 20 years.

TemptingFate

n

no true. She owns 2 properties, one in each state and because she goes back in forth she only had a Florida driver’s license. I know this for a fact.
Post automatically merged:

Not true. Florida doesn’t allow that. They just don’t check on it like other states do. But again she only has and has had a license in Florida for the last 20 years.
How was she driving Uber in Maryland on a Florida license? Uber requires license and insurance from the state where you are driving.

Coyotex

How was she driving Uber in Maryland on a Florida license? Uber requires license and insurance from the state where you are driving.
According to the GLH in Indianapolis, I can use my Indiana driver's license in Florida. I'll be spending time in FL soon and I went to the GLH to specifically ask about it. They say it would take a few days to "transfer" my info to FL, but no worries about the license. I'm still trying to figure out why it would take a few days to transfer anything electronically. lol

Z129

-:- * -:- * -:- * -:-
Let us know the closest metropolitan area and we can help you find the closest Greenlight hub. She can go that location and an actual in-person human can assist her. Once she gets to the hub I doubt she'll have much problem getting it sorted out.

Gilby

she held 2 licenses at the same time which is illegal
Fifty years ago I was an Air Force officer stationed in Topeka, Kansas. I bought a car. Kansas required that you have a Kansas Driver License to register a car there, and all I had to do was present my Wisconsin license and take an eye exam. So, I had two valid licenses.

Later I was home on leave in Wisconsin and went to renew my license. One of the questions was, "Do you hold a valid license from another state? " I answered yes, and the clerk asked me to turn in my Kansas license. I explained that I lived in Kansas and needed it to meet the legal requirements there. He said, "You should have lied."

Anyway, it turned out that I could drive in Wisconsin with an expired permit as long as I was on active duty and had a military ID and a copy of my orders. Once I was discharged, I was able to renew and forget about Kansas.

I have never told anyone about my Chinese license from Taiwan which is apparently good for life. I can't read Chinese, so I am not sure.

Hustlin2Long

You need to locate the nearest Hub Station and have your grandma and yourself go in there and explain to the Uber support team that when she tried to submit her photo picture Uber said her driver license was not her and picture and it's considered fraudulent so they terminated her account which is not right. The Hub center will look into the matter and hopefully have her driving in no time! They should get her reinstated since they see her in person and can verify that the picture in the drivers license is her not an imposter lol
Make sure she brings with her the driver license in question and if you have time why don't she go into the driver license office and get them to give her a duplicate driver license by having them take her a new picture since she's there . Just to clear up if thats the reason she was denied in the first because of the picture in question?? Make sure the address that is on here Florida driver license is were she resides now! And you should be able to keep the driver license in question too! In Louisiana they put a paper hole in the old drivers license and let you keep it lol. You'll going to be OK really! Let me know the outcome of this delema lol Hit me up if you have any more questions or concerns!

Hustlin2Long

Unless she's been driving in Maryland with her Florida driver license and Florida tags and registration. I see this all the time more in Louisiana were drivers have out of state tags and drivers license but still manage to keep them and still drive for Uber, so yes she still can drive

Slim Pete

honestly, and I don't mean to be disrespectful, but they did her a favor by teminating her.

do you really want her to end up driving her car into the ground, possibly getting moving violations or into accidents (because of her age) and then having a worthless car, and sky high insurance premiums?

She is much better off taking up a part time job at starbucks or target. I see plenty of retirees working there part time, to avoid boredom.

NOXDriver

Sorry but 70 year old's should not be driving for money. I'd cancel and get my fee back due to unsafe driver.