Telsa and Uber Black.

AJUber

if you could lease a Telsa S , and Uber automatically makes you Uber Black would you do it ????

CommanderXL

if you could lease a Telsa S , and Uber automatically makes you Uber Black would you do it ????
Yeah, Black/SUV is for commercially licensed drivers. UberSelect is for regular drivers with a newer model luxury car.

Either way though, I don't think it would be worth it. If I could afford a Tesla, I sure as hell wouldn't be driving for Uber. But that's just me.

Maybe if I won one on The Price is Right and I still needed the money. Lol

CommanderXL

so does the Uber black drivers pay the commercial lisc fee ???
I think it's on the driver to have a commercial license AND commercial insurance for the vehicle, but Google "UberBlack" or maybe someone else will answer that.

If Select is not in your area then you'll be using that beautiful Tesla for X rides at X rates. Heck, even if Select were in your area I bet most of your fares would be X. Totally not worth it.

X_916

Yes it's all on driver after all said and done with fees it's almost 10,000 $..I drive SUV and black here in sac

Uberselectguy

I own a 2015 Tesla P85, and spoke to Uber last month. Not that I'd ever, ever use it for Uber, I was curious. The reason they don't do the Tesla is due to range issues. Mine has a 240 mile range on a perfect, highway mile day. Put mine in ludicrous mode, range goes sub 200.
Above all else, would you really want the unwashed masses in your $120k Tesla? Not me! I use a 2012 Mercedes E class, it's our third car. It's a diesel 350, has 140k on the odo. In Europe, all the cabbies use them because they get great mpg, good ride and they are built tough. Also, you can easily run them to 300k miles before any major service, longer if you stay on top of maintenance.

Brutal one

Public Utility Commission Has nothing to do with Commercial Drivers only the licensing of a Service. I have both the License class with every endorsement. Uber Black I did the first week got 4 trips awful money for all you have to put out.