1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

"Tell Your Uber Story"

Discussion in 'Houston' started by Old Rocker, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Old Rocker

Old Rocker Well-Known Member

Did everyone get this email. It's from Friday, I just noticed it. Discuss?

Since we launched 18 months ago, we’ve changed the way Houstonians move around the city by connecting riders like you to more than 3.5 million safe, reliable rides at the tap of a button. But we can do better.

Houston is an outlier with some of the most onerous ridesharing regulations in the nation. As a result, Houston is falling behind with fewer drivers and less access to flexible economic opportunities than any other major city in Texas. How does this impact you? Fewer drivers on the road means getting a ride in Houston can be more expensive and less reliable than other places.
    In the coming weeks, the City of Houston will be reconsidering these rules. It’s important your elected officials know why ridesharing is important to you so they can make an informed decision on how to regulate this growing industry.
    We want to make sure Houstonians can enjoy the same ridesharing and economic benefits that other residents have across the state and nation. Thank you for riding with Uber and lending your voice to this important cause.

2. uberissohonest

uberissohonest Well-Known Member

RECRUIT OTHER DRIVERS AT THE EXPENSE OF YOUR OWN WELL-BEING. YOU WILL MAKE A BILLION DOLLARS DOING SO. TRUST US, WE ARE LOOKING OUT FOR YOU.

3. Old Rocker

My first thoughts were simply Bwahahahahahahahahahaha

4. tripAces

tripAces Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Oh I will let a City Council person know about Uber.
    Is that the whole email they sent out? I guess its only to riders as it is addressed to them.
    Uber cares less if drivers make a living. As long as they get the cut. Also the surge its terrible. Last time I saw it real high was Gay Pride wknd.
    I have to look but Austin was making regs for drivers. Similiar if not worse then Houston.

itsablackmarket likes this.
  5. krytenTX

krytenTX Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I'm waiting to see what Austin will do. If it's too costly for me as a part timer, then I'll have to reevaluate my position as a driver.

6. bill02001

bill02001 New Member

HERE NEW RATES

Attached Files:

7. Fuzzyelvis

Fuzzyelvis Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    If the city takes away the rules we'll have even more drivers. The more onerous they are, the better, so long as I qualify.

Old Rocker likes this.
  8. Old Rocker

Indeed. In fact, whenever I've had a chance to talk with a pax about the Houston regs, they mostly seem to approve.