Tell me if my thought is right on this

Inshur

marcusguber

After a week of driving Uber am I crazy or is it that the problem isnt really the rates but the absolutely ridiculous commission? Dont get me wrong the rates should still go back to before the most recent drop but these commissions are obscene for the level of service Uber provides us or the pax and really stopping this from being a decent living. Am I wrong about the rates, it doesnt seem terrible until the commission kicks in and rips a giant piece away.

Uberman8263

I am sure Travis and the his gang will be willing to share the wealth as soon as they get there fare share. Just hang in there keep putting in the hours, and remember not to get greedy.

marcusguber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I am sure Travis and the his gang will be willing to share the wealth as soon as they get there fare share. Just hang in there keep putting in the hours, and remember not to get greedy.
While I 100% understand your animus for Uber, this gets a bit old. There is not one legit driver here who doesnt realize were getting a raw deal but as much as Im not happy with the rates its a living and the constant hammering by you makes something already demoralizing a bit worse. Im curious, what are you doing if not Uber? Is it really much better or is the Uber virus spreading to all corners of the industry.

HerbyHerb

Uber rates are high end slavery. You are ta king all the risk for miserable returns for each ride you provide. All the risk = maximum risk. You hit somebody once or your pax gets injured, you are done. Finished. Completely negative with nails on your coffin.

Lenny_yellow_cab

After a week of driving Uber am I crazy or is it that the problem isnt really the rates but the absolutely ridiculous commission? Dont get me wrong the rates should still go back to before the most recent drop but these commissions are obscene for the level of service Uber provides us or the pax and really stopping this from being a decent living. Am I wrong about the rates, it doesnt seem terrible until the commission kicks in and rips a giant piece away.
Yesterday i was trying to get 30 rides wit uber to get $200 bonus so i can go home early so i was taking all uber rides. I just don't know how guys do it. It's literally pennies that we get paid and these other stupid apps just following the leader (uber).

Juno comes and charges less commision but still crappy rates so it's very hard for me to take a request from any app without a surge. It's just not worth it.

Uberman8263

While I 100% understand your animus for Uber, this gets a bit old. There is not one legit driver here who doesnt realize were getting a raw deal but as much as Im not happy with the rates its a living and the constant hammering by you makes something already demoralizing a bit worse. Im curious, what are you doing if not Uber? Is it really much better or is the Uber virus spreading to all corners of the industry.
Never did uber. Did my own yellow 26 years. Did school bus 15 years. School bus is the best way to make a living, driving in NYC. Just a retired guy killing time on this site. I have no desire to demoralize anyone. Sometimes I do throw in some information that I gathered over the years. Please do not take my "constant hammering" as an attack on anyone on this site. Try to look at my comments as a commentary on life with a little sprinkling of my strange sense of humor. What gives you the right to call me an animus? I like woman. LOL.

marcusguber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yesterday i was trying to get 30 rides wit uber to get $200 bonus so i can go home early so i was taking all uber rides. I just don't know how guys do it. It's literally pennies that we get paid and these other stupid apps just following the leader (uber).

Juno comes and charges less commision but still crappy rates so it's very hard for me to take a request from any app without a surge. It's just not worth it.
Its like they are dangling a carrot in front of your face on a stick like an animal. I dont feel the rates are terrible on their own, it in combo with the commission that makes this unworkable. I remember almost 10 years ago getting 50+tolls easily to JC or Hoboken and now Uber has us doing it for 20+tolls and Uber is taking 30%.

Never did uber. Did my own yellow 26 years. Did school bus 15 years. School bus is the best way to make a living, driving in NYC. Just a retired guy killing time on this site. I have no desire to demoralize anyone. Sometimes I do throw in some information that I gathered over the years. Please do not take my "constant hammering" as an attack on anyone on this site. Try to look at my comments as a commentary on life with a little sprinkling of my strange sense of humor. What gives you the right to call me an animus? I like woman. LOL.
LMAO! I got a buddy who drives bus and makes a good living. Im an idiot who didnt take a chance at a teamster cement truck job 10 years ago and am kicking myself in the ass over it still. I didnt think you were attacking anyone I was more curious what you figured out instead of Uber, but you got it right and retired from this grind just in time it seems.

Inshur New York