• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Television options

stevedmc

So I'm shopping for a new TV to put into one of the bedrooms. This house currently only has one television, a 32 inch tv that fits perfectly in my entertainment center.

The entertainment center also houses my VCR/DVD player, Kenwood stereo receiver, turn table (I like vinyl), and a bunch of speakers.

I've been really happy with my 32 inch set, and the entertainment center is a gift that was given to me by my mom about 15 years ago. Before that she used it for a good 10 years. It is solid wood furniture and is worth far more than any of those garbage TV stands you buy at Walmart.

I would like to put a 32 inch TV in one of the bed rooms.

Here is my dilema. Should I move the current 32 inch TV into one of the bed rooms and replace the one in the living room with a 55 inch TCL TV? The 55 inch set has a built in Roku and sells for $379 at Bestbuy and $399 at Walmart. The big TV will not fit in my entertainment center. If I buy the big TV, I will also need to buy some sort of TV stand that can hold my stereo, DVD/VCR and record player.

Or, should I simply just buy another 32 inch TV, leave things as they are, and put the new set in the bedroom? Walmart has a 32 inch TCL for $135 and it has a built in Roku.

tohunt4me

So I'm shopping for a new TV to put into one of the bedrooms. This house currently only has one television, a 32 inch tv that fits perfectly in my entertainment center.

The entertainment center also houses my VCR/DVD player, Kenwood stereo receiver, turn table (I like vinyl), and a bunch of speakers.

I've been really happy with my 32 inch set, and the entertainment center is a gift that was given to me by my mom about 15 years ago. Before that she used it for a good 10 years. It is solid wood furniture and is worth far more than any of those garbage TV stands you buy at Walmart.

I would like to put a 32 inch TV in one of the bed rooms.

Here is my dilema. Should I move the current 32 inch TV into one of the bed rooms and replace the one in the living room with a 55 inch TCL TV? The 55 inch set has a built in Roku and sells for $379 at Bestbuy and $399 at Walmart. The big TV will not fit in my entertainment center. If I buy the big TV, I will also need to buy some sort of TV stand that can hold my stereo, DVD/VCR and record player.

Or, should I simply just buy another 32 inch TV, leave things as they are, and put the new set in the bedroom? Walmart has a 32 inch TCL for $135 and it has a built in Roku.
Buy the big t.v.
Mount it to the wall.

Still using an old big screen tube model.
Could save 130 watts an hour by buying L.E.D. tv.
Just hate dumping a working tv.

stevedmc

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I ended up ordering a refurbished 55 inch TCL from Walmart for $318. It comes out to something like $350 after taxes and they are shipping it to my house for free.

I'm in no rush to install the thing, but yeah, I plan to mount it on the wall. I'm going to knock a hole in the wall and reroute power to sit directly behind the tv. You could say, I got pretty good at sheetrock repair thanks to that stupid flood we had in 2016.

The nice thing about TV these days is you don't need anything but wifi to get a signal. All you need is a power connection. I get all of my TV through a Roku device and this TCL television has a Roku built into it.

Last edited:

stevedmc

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Finally got around to putting the TV on the wall. I mounted it with a $20 bracket from Walmart. I spent another $10 on wires and stuff to install a power outlet behind the TV. I had a big outside TV antenna in the yard. I went ahead and put the antenna in the attic, and pointed it at Baton Rouge. I then ran a cable down the wall and installed an outlet for the antenna.

Now I've got a TV mounted on the wall with power and antenna connections behind it. Its pretty nice and way safer/cheaper than driving for Uber.

No need to tip.