• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Teens that say, "somebody else is gonna pay the (cab) fare at the end of the trip!"

TwoFiddyMile

So I had two money upfront situations back-to-back. A alleged prostitute got in my cab about 20 minutes ago with this plastic bag filled with all her worldly belongings. She gave me an address about $35 away minimum. She said from there we were going to go on to the city of kannapolis. I said this is going to require a minimum $50 deposit. She said "oh my baby's got the money at the other end." I said no I asked her to leave about 10 times until she got out of the cab. After that, one of Mike Tyson's disciples replete with facial tattoos tried to get in my cab without telling me. I opened the window and I asked for a deposit. It was obvious he was going to cop dope. He argued with me he swore at me but every time I asked him to pay a the meter he did because dope fiends need their dope and they won't pay a cab driver if they don't have to but they will if they do.
I'm not going to lie, I was more than a little bit nervous with this guy behind me cuz his mouth was swearing in his hands were flying everywhere and I thought he might cut my throat with a knife.

FormerTaxiDriver♧

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
So I had two money upfront situations back-to-back. A alleged prostitute got in my cab about 20 minutes ago with this plastic bag filled with all her worldly belongings. She gave me an address about $35 away minimum. She said from there we were going to go on to the city of kannapolis. I said this is going to require a minimum $50 deposit. She said "oh my baby's got the money at the other end." I said no I asked her to leave about 10 times until she got out of the cab. After that, one of Mike Tyson's disciples replete with facial tattoos tried to get in my cab without telling me. I opened the window and I asked for a deposit. It was obvious he was going to cop dope. He argued with me he swore at me but every time I asked him to pay a the meter he did because dope fiends need their dope and they won't pay a cab driver if they don't have to but they will if they do.
I'm not going to lie, I was more than a little bit nervous with this guy behind me cuz his mouth was swearing in his hands were flying everywhere and I thought he might cut my throat with a knife.
Drug runs pick up with government payouts!

doyousensehumor

Back in the day when I did cab, I got good at reading their character as they walk up to the cab, and the first few seconds of meeting them. In my head, I would assign them a maxamum fare I would trust them without prepaying.

Then, when pax give the destination, If my runner radar went off, I have them prepay.

If they say someone else would pay at destination, I would refuse the ride.

TwoFiddyMile

Back in the day when I did cab, I got good at reading their character as they walk up to the cab, and the first few seconds of meeting them. In my head, I would assign them a maxamum fare I would trust them without prepaying.

Then, when pax give the destination, If my runner radar went off, I have them prepay.

If they say someone else would pay at destination, I would refuse the ride.
Profiling personality is a must when you traditionally don't get paid til the end.

itendstonight

Rolled up on a local gas station before heading to work one night.

I was in uniform, (Security), and taser went into holster before getting out. Had the trade dress up but unlit.
Two young skanks hurriedly walk up. “Yo! You are our ride!”
I had locked to doors after getting out.

“Nope.”

“Well it says Uber so unlock doors Man!”

“Nope.”

Neither knew that there was an undercover cop sitting on ground behind them. He was there because of an attempted robbery two days in a row.

I pause and bend down next to him, “Be so kind and call a marked unit, I am not going to play nice with them.” He knew I had the taser, and was authorized to use.

I pass off some chewing gum to him which he unwrapped and doing so gave out the code words as I headed into the store.

Coming out after getting my evening tea, both skank teens were in the PD Explorer, handcuffed.

Both now sobbing.

I gave the undercover a nice cold soda as I left.

Found out later both were runaways. They did a raid an an extended stay hotel and the pimpers were nabbed with other girl. Oh the fun part I saw an Uber headed into the gas station as I pulled out.
I ALWAYS take the damn trade dress off my car when I’m driving myself personally and in between rides! Only time it’s up is just before I pick up pax and comes down right after they step off! Don’t want drama with other people/rideshare drivers/taxis/anybody as I am minding my business and the gawking of other drivers/pax

doyousensehumor

I ALWAYS take the damn trade dress off my car when I’m driving myself personally and in between rides! Only time it’s up is just before I pick up pax and comes down right after they step off! Don’t want drama with other people/rideshare drivers/taxis/anybody as I am minding my business and the gawking of other drivers/pax
Get creative with scissors.
Cut both to the size of mirror.
Laminate.
Cut out notch.
Both tradedress can be removed whenever.
Best of all no visibility obstructions.
15630692516351403849497.jpg
20190713_184845.jpg

20190713_185943.jpg

Driver's view

itendstonight

That's a good idea, but I drive a van with a lift gate.

These are mostly high school kids running wild.
“Youths” are running wild commuting violent crime in DC and now it’s spilling over to northern Virginia. Protip: avoid any large gathering of aimless “youths”. You have no idea how many stories in the daily crime section I have read where 3-5 teenage “youths” (packs of male or female) attack and rob a man innocent person walking around DC

Another Uber Driver

I get this from time to time. I judge each case on its merits. I have gotten burned only once.

Had the trade dress up but unlit.
Two young skanks hurriedly walk up. “Yo! You are our ride!”
I had locked to doors after getting out.

“Nope.”

“Well it says Uber so unlock doors Man!”

“Nope.”
I have had people try to tell me that my car was the one sent for them. When I inform these people that I am not logged into the application, therefore not working, they try to inform me that since they see the trade dress, I must carry them.

"No, Rocket Scientist, you must take the car that Uber/Lyft is sending for you."

I even have people who are trying to get a ride, but have not submitted a request through the telephone application try to get into the car. I tell them that only taxicabs are allowed to accept street hails.

Before Uber/Lyft, the cab drivers here used to get these aggressive types who were going to get into your cab no matter what. When I am not working the cab, but am driving it (on my way home, stopping at the grocery store before I get home, on my way to the office), I have not one, not two, but THREE, count 'em, THREE "OFF DUTY" signs on the dashboard. I have one in each window on the right side and one in the back window on the left side. In addition, the top lights now have an OFF DUTY display.

Despite the above, I will be sitting at a red light. This guy will approach the cab and start pulling on the door. Immediately, he starts banging on the glass and yelling

"OPEN THE [gerundive of person who has an unnatural carnal relationship with a female parent] DOOR, [person who has an unnatural carnal relationship with a female parent]!".

I tell him that I am not working and to stop banging on the glass. I do not mention that I absolutely am not going to haul a garbage mouth like him.

"I DON'T SEE NO [gerundive of previously mentioned term of abuse] 'OFF DUTY' SIGN, NOW OPEN THE [same gerundive] DOOR, [same type of person mentioned previously]!"

(You do not need a cab, Rocket Scientist, you need an eye doctor) "How many OFF DUTY signs do I need?"

At this point, the light turns green. I tell him to back off, because the locks will not work, otherwise. He steps back. I step on the throttle. BUH-bye, Self-Appointed Amateur Hack Inspector!