Teen Account

UberPotomac

Anyone hear about acepting minors with parents consents.
Uber sent me a opt out form.

Since when we accept unacompany minors?
UBER INSURANCE ?
TOs where is says this is OK?

I contacted UBER and keep getting the usual COPY PASTE.

Any help?

53prius

I usually say no is they're really young like under 15 yo. This one passenger wanted me to drop her 2 kids to school and they were barely 10yo. I said unless you are in the car I'm going to cancel.

UberPotomac

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
This is what I got

"Thank you for writing in.

Please note that our Terms of Service prohibits riders under 18 without parental consent from riding with Uber.

If you would like to opt out of receiving Teen Account trips, please submit a request here:

Note that it may take up to three business days for this request to be finalized. If there's anything else we can help with, don't hesitate to reach out. We're here to assist."

Note the terms" PARENTAL CONSENT"

How do you match this withthe original TOS?

"Our Terms of Service require that riders be 18 to have an Uber account and riders under 18 cannot request or receive a ride unless they are accompanied. If you think this policy is being violated, you can decline a ride request.

If you completed a trip with a rider that you believe to be under an appropriate age and you'd like us to investigate further, feel free to let us know so we can investigate. "

New2This

If you completed a trip with a rider that you believe to be under an appropriate age and you'd like us to investigate further, feel free to let us know so we can investigate. "
If you did report a ride and they wound up finding out it was an underaged rider I wouldn't put it past Rohit and the gang to take back the money.

When this comes to DC I will opt out. If they give any 'we are unable to opt you out of UberTeen' like they did with UberPool I will tank my ratings so as not to get the kiddies.

I saw somewhere they charge an extra fee for the teen pickups. I am assuming Uber pockets that and we don't get it?

roadman

If you did report a ride and they wound up finding out it was an underaged rider I wouldn't put it past Rohit and the gang to take back the money.

When this comes to DC I will opt out. If they give any 'we are unable to opt you out of UberTeen' like they did with UberPool I will tank my ratings so as not to get the kiddies.

I saw somewhere they charge an extra fee for the teen pickups. I am assuming Uber pockets that and we don't get it?
They ain't taking nothing back. I always ask and they always say they were 18. I always ask is that kid 8 or older and is everyone buckled up as well. Actually I never ask but that is my answer.

SurgeTastic

It looks like the new teen Uber program is only on trial in three cities: Seattle, Columbus, and Phoenix.

1) So why did UberPotomac, Who I assume drive in the DC area, get a notice to opt out of this? Glitch? Strange...

2) drivers in Seattle and Columbus are already complaining that the opt out language has been removed from the official Uber page about Teen Rides.

3) A driver in Phoenix said the opt out form for his city is still available, and I found the link ( see below) I went ahead and opted out myself preemptively ( I have no idea if this will be effective for me as a DC driver, but it can't hurt)

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...h7tOhVDQz9A/viewform?fbzx=3052688636452250600

IMG_3249.PNG

And the Uber page about teen rides ( see link above) says specifically that drivers will not be notified whether their teen pick up is part of the official teen program, i.e., approved by their parents, or just the regular teen trying to get a ride, which is against the TOS.

This is bad.

UberSolo

Anyone hear about acepting minors with parents consents.
Uber sent me a opt out form.

Since when we accept unacompany minors?
UBER INSURANCE ?
TOs where is says this is OK?

I contacted UBER and keep getting the usual COPY PASTE.

Any help?
I accept all Child Transportation. Built a client list of 15 school drop offs in Potomac with uber App Off. Then the moms and dads asked if I could do more . More? Yes, of course I can do $$more$$.

Built my own side business. Word of mouth, now have 37 exclusive Potomac clients, 2 cars and hired a P/T Driver. I rarely have time to tap the uber app.

Build a Biz using uber app then say bye bye to uber 4ever.
Good 4 U, USA, your customers and local state & federal governments since you're now paying higher taxes and you're an employer. Get a good CPA then drive, smile & build.

Got my daughter her first car, 2YO black Tahoe loaded including sunroof. She doesn't know it yet but this summer, She's going to be ferrying folks to their respective Potomac Clubs of Leisure.
Maybe she'll meet a rich guy!

Last edited:

UberPotomac

I see that most of you are confused like I am.

Anyway, I would like to thank you for your input and your comments.

koyotemohn

It depends on the quest. Get a 63 for 130 dollar quest in the mail. Divide it up and nibble away at it "responsibly"

Run out of time or energy...shit happens...(highway closed down today coming back from lanham, md.)...3 uberpool no shows...(potential quest multipliers)

Get within striking distance...of completing the quest and getting that extra thigh meat.

For all the hooting n hollering....it gets harder to turn down teens the closer you are to completing the quest.

Most are close by. Short fares.

The later they are out...the more they tend towards acting dumb.

Youth is spent on the young.

If they are quiet then I hardly look at who hops in after dark...it's an a to b kinda transaction.

But so many aren't quiet....

They start playing grown up....

Treating the car like their 5 minute limo...it's not just them...but undergraduates as well.

So.

I need that bonus take home pay.

If the teen makes me sweat in the slightest ....1 star.

Now I just remember the addresses and do it at home.

xjguarx

Uber Potomac.... Uber employee spying this forum :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I have a message for Uber.... Mr Potomac!

Tell them to go *#%^#% themselves!

UberPotomac

Hey XJ , I though got rid of you but look like some of you are everywhere.

Dont you worry, I may be of some asistance in you UNDERPERFORMING department.
I am honestly offfering my help.
I never had complans on that department. I have BIG HANDS.I will return her with a smile!!!!!!
Dont you worry.!!!!!!!jajajaja

roadman

I accept all Child Transportation. Built a client list of 15 school drop offs in Potomac with uber App Off. Then the moms and dads asked if I could do more . More? Yes, of course I can do $$more$$.

Built my own side business. Word of mouth, now have 37 exclusive Potomac clients, 2 cars and hired a P/T Driver. I rarely have time to tap the uber app.

Build a Biz using uber app then say bye bye to uber 4ever
hahahaha this made my day. best post ever.

UberSolo

Uber Potomac.... Uber employee spying this forum :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I have a message for Uber.... Mr Potomac!

Tell them to go *#%^#% themselves!
He's not a spy, just someone who "Thinks" they're the smartest in the room.
If u can't identify the sucker @ the table, it's you.

UberPotomac

Solo, WRONG.
I did not think I am smarter than anyone else.
Now, after a few comments , I can say that there is a few here that REALLY NEED HELP.
Not all of you. Most members have shown to be of great help.

I expressed my opinion, each one of you can make your own conclusions. My only purpose is to get some info, and share some experiences.
Unfortunately, UBER has a lack of answer to most questions and I do not hang out with many other drivers.

If Somebody here feel ofended, was not my intention with the exception of the cases that showed a clearly hostility against my comments.
I can live with disagreamemts but when you go after me, hope you ready to get some back.

Guys, it is just a forum. DO NOT WORRY THAT MUCH.!!!!

uberpete

Only thing you were giving back on that whole post was some pathetic shit that made something Helen Keller wrote by hand look like a New York Times best seller lol