Technical Issues

Question here:

I completed a trip and before I could move the slider, the phone rang and my android froze up. I didn't get a chance to leave a 5 star rating for my pax. I noticed later that Uber still logged the trip but what happens to the pax rating?

Also has anyone else experienced other technical issues of which I should be on the look-out?

AJUber

your worried about the wrong things. who cares about one rating about a single pax. seriously just drive ve and make your money. there always issues they are updating the partner app almost every otherday. focus on your money and don't worry about these pax....they not worried about you

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
How many of you find google maps HIGHLY inaccurate for pax pickups? Being late because I have to hunt down my pax is killing my ratings!

Sacto Burbs

The pin on Google is often different than the one on the Uber app. Before you start driving compare the two.

First time I went to Arden Hills Country Club it took me to the service entrance.

And an address midtown on D took me to the street behind the building.

Both times the Uber pin drop was accurate.

I've had that happen then the app ask me to rate "last customer" after I took my last ride. I wouldn't stress it too much unless it was a really bad ride. Most pax are 4.9 unless they suck haha.

Deeder

How many of you find google maps HIGHLY inaccurate for pax pickups? Being late because I have to hunt down my pax is killing my ratings!
This happened to me twice in two days...if a person is at the mall, on a campus or hospital, you end up driving all over the place...at the mall I put the address in an Internet search to get the correct store but at uc Davis medical it took me to the back of the hospital and I ended up getting out and going in the main entrance and the ER entrance but never found my rider who ended up canceling....it was way too much time wasted when I could've been available for someone else...I won't do that again

Sacto Burbs

This happened to me twice in two days...if a person is at the mall, on a campus or hospital, you end up driving all over the place...at the mall I put the address in an Internet search to get the correct store but at uc Davis medical it took me to the back of the hospital and I ended up getting out and going in the main entrance and the ER entrance but never found my rider who ended up canceling....it was way too much time wasted when I could've been available for someone else...I won't do that again
Drive to the pin. Wait 5 min. Get your $4 cancel fee. Don't play Where's Waldo. Words to live by.

Here's a question for you veteran drivers out there. How do you defend yourself when a pax straight up lies about you? I just read my Weekly Uber Summary and apparently some of my pax claimed I advertised other businesses ventures to them. I want Uber to remove lies. It is too easy to abuse the star rating system if pax are not held accountable.

Hmm did it directly say that you said that? I received that similar message a month ago but it didn't say that I said it. It said low rating 4.75 for a weekend could of been because of talking about other business ventures. Really I knew it was because I had two drunk @@@@@@@@ that rated me low, due to their intoxication and not having too many rides on the week to prop it up. Unless you received an email from uber directed specifically to you about talking about lyft or giving promo codes for other companies I wouldn't stress it. They make generic statements when you have a rough week assuming your mistakes trying to give tips.

Thanks guys. Drunkies do give bad reviews. I can't drive during the week to bring up my ratings until after I graduate with my next degree in two months. Uber should know that drivers should not be held accountable for drunkies' reviews.

Ted Collins

Thanks guys. Drunkies do give bad reviews. I can't drive during the week to bring up my ratings until after I graduate with my next degree in two months. Uber should know that drivers should not be held accountable for drunkies' reviews.
That's why I avoid the drunkies like the plague! The stabbing the other night in downtown, another reason to avoid even the buzzed!