Tech. challenged need help

Robert1942

First a question about the map. I understand when the orange surge area shows up but, what are the tan areas and yellow areas that also come and go?

Now for the tech. question. I don't own a smart phone so I am using a Uber phone until I decide if this is worth doing for any length of time. When I show up at a fares location sometimes it isn't completely accurate so need to find the client. So, how do I text them to let them know that I am there?

Renaldow

Those other areas are showing that it's building into a surge. So, just like the surge, they're entirely meaningless.

elelegido

First a question about the map. I understand when the orange surge area shows up but, what are the tan areas and yellow areas that also come and go?

Now for the tech. question. I don't own a smart phone so I am using a Uber phone until I decide if this is worth doing for any length of time. When I show up at a fares location sometimes it isn't completely accurate so need to find the client. So, how do I text them to let them know that I am there?
It's better to have no contact with pax before a pickup if they are not at the exact pickup location sent through from their phone. Instead, confirm arrival through the app, wait 5 minutes and then No Show them via the app if they have not turned up, and collect your cancellation fee.

It's important to do this, and not contact them, if you're a noob because if you get hit with low ratings early on when you have a low ratings count, your average will drop faster than a hooker's underwear. Riders who send incorrect locations will very often blame the driver for it, and it's not worth the risk, especially early on in your Uber adventure. If you want to play hide and seek / where's Waldo with the pax later on when you've got more of a ratings cushion behind you then it's less of a risk, but don't do that now.

Oc_DriverX

When you hit the "Arrive" button, the Uber passenger app gives them a message that you have arrived.

As far as the colored areas go, if its red then there is a surge. If you are in that surge area, I would stay there, all other things being equal. However, unless you are very familiar with the surge patterns, don't go chasing a surge.

As far as contacting a passenger, some have told you not to. If you choose to contact a passenger you need to make that call from your own cell phone to the Uber forwarding number that was assigned to you. It is the same number that the customer would call to contact you. Put it into your phone's contact list so that you may easily access it when needed. The number should be the number displayed in your driver's app as the number to contact the passenger. It will remain the same. (Unless of course, one day Uber decides to change it. They didn't let me know the day it happened to me.)

Robert1942

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
"Uber forwarding number that was assigned to you" What forwarding number, where do I find it?

Oc_DriverX

When you have been assigned a ride, you can tap in the upper right hand corner to get the information on the passenger, such as their name and rating. If I remember correctly, there is a phone number listed. That would be the number. It should be the same number for ever rider. (I have not looked for it lately, so things may have changed.)

Robert1942

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thank your, OC. By the way grew up in CA and just moved to NC from Manhattan Beach.