• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Taylor Made Shuffle

What do you do???

• Shuffle and Head Home

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • Take the Fare and Make A Little More Cash

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Arm Wrestle the Ant

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Merc7186

So tonight I was having a slow night until I caught a 2.0x XL ride going about 18 miles away from downtown, headed towards my house. After I dropped the pax, I figured that it was time to head towards home and call it a night. Two minutes later, I get a Lyft XL request, 6 minutes away and in the direction I was headed, figured, why not. As I arrive at the pick up location, I notice another car parked in front of the address and then I saw my pax.....Taylor.

Taylor is a kid in his mid 20s, dressed like a prep boy and Passed Out On The Sidewalk.

So I hit the arrival button and look at the drop off location. He is going back towards University Heights, about 6 miles away. Now I am contemplating, do I shuffle this kid or be responsible???

Figuring that I would make like $8-9 on the fare but taking me 10 minutes out of the way, I did the Merc thing...I got out of my car and approached the ant (I determined he was as an ant because he had a tablet streaming ESPN hanging in his car at 3am). I said, Hey...is that your boy laying on the sidewalk? Ant gets out, walks over and kicks him and says "Are You Taylor?". He repeated this several times until Taylor awoke...then he bounced up, entered the ants vehicle and away they go.

By the time I hopped in my vehicle, it was time to call Taylor and shuffle him. What would you have done???

tohunt4me

So tonight I was having a slow night until I caught a 2.0x XL ride going about 18 miles away from downtown, headed towards my house. After I dropped the pax, I figured that it was time to head towards home and call it a night. Two minutes later, I get a Lyft XL request, 6 minutes away and in the direction I was headed, figured, why not. As I arrive at the pick up location, I notice another car parked in front of the address and then I saw my pax.....Taylor.

Taylor is a kid in his mid 20s, dressed like a prep boy and Passed Out On The Sidewalk.

So I hit the arrival button and look at the drop off location. He is going back towards University Heights, about 6 miles away. Now I am contemplating, do I shuffle this kid or be responsible???

Figuring that I would make like $8-9 on the fare but taking me 10 minutes out of the way, I did the Merc thing...I got out of my car and approached the ant (I determined he was as an ant because he had a tablet streaming ESPN hanging in his car at 3am). I said, Hey...is that your boy laying on the sidewalk? Ant gets out, walks over and kicks him and says "Are You Taylor?". He repeated this several times until Taylor awoke...then he bounced up, entered the ants vehicle and away they go.

By the time I hopped in my vehicle, it was time to call Taylor and shuffle him. What would you have done???
UNDER THOSE CONDITIONS ?

Shuffle away !

Lets hope Taylor doesnt grow up to Continue sleeping on the sidewalk.

WindyCityAnt

At least you awoke the drunk for another rideshare driver who wasn’t thinking himself obviously.

Glad to not take that trip in an XL! If you can’t walk to my car properly, you shall not enter when in large crowds and multiple u/l coming in for the p/u. This is what a taxi is for when you awake from your stuper. Shuffle on! No s*** given. Glad to take that money on a potential disastrous outcome driving around in an XL!

ZenUber

Don't engage another driver or a drunken pax passed out on the sidewalk. Call 911 and report the pax. Cancel for no show. Don't get out of the car. Especially at 3am with that scene, and all the unknowns.

I think that's the most "responsible" course of action for everyone involved.

New2This

I'm confused. How did the ant know Taylor's name if you were Taylor's driver?

Kudos for getting the $5 though.