Uber Drivers Forum banner

Taxify - What bonus sweetener(s) will Taxify come up with for the week starting Monday, 15 January

3K views 42 replies 14 participants last post by  Fitterstrack 
#1 · (Edited)
Bonuses for this week Monday, 15 to Sunday, 21 January 2018 below:
<<Edit - Monday, 15 January 2018 at 10:40: They have continued the 15 trips for $100 to Thursday and it is 18 trips for $100 Friday to Sunday. See your in app messages and SMS messages where it came in at 10:00 AEDST (I have noticed this funny time lag, a bit late to catch drivers in the morning, the SMS should come through ideally at 06:00 hrs ..... but they are based in Estonia).>>

#7 ·
Would 15 bookings a day be considered reasonable? The worst of January is over and most people are back a work there should be a bit of movement about.

Would imagine if 15 is considered fair Uber have a major problem. When competition tried to do likewise elsewhere Uber came back with a ridiculous bonus to do X amount of bookings in a week to make sure drivers kept the Uber app on. They haven't done this in Sydney.

#13 ·
Converting riders another matter. Drivers are dime a dozen. Uber not even profitable as it is right now as a whole. Taxify is outright bleeding cash. Uber took forever to win any kind of market share from taxi and charter markets. They are self promoting themselves as Australia Uber Killer. I'm still waiting on that killing part since Australia isn't just Sydney and Melbourne :D

Once they are in all the cities Uber is in and operating that "killing part" might start. Otherwise it just an ant with only a slice of the market. Anyways they might want to hire out some offices too :rolleyes:

Reactions: Icecool
#15 ·
View attachment 194959 To confirm, for this week the bonus is $100 for 15 rides until Thursday night, then $100 for 18 rides this coming Friday to Sunday. See the in-app messages from Taxify (there seems to be no email or text about this).

With the bonuses on this week (see previous post) announced in Taxify's in-app messages, I'll be chasing those first ....
Just a query on the number of rides. Do you have to work certain hours of the day?
I only do mornings from 5.30 to around 12/1pm. Maybe have to work the afternoon rush?

#14 · (Edited)
You can do fifteen, unless you get unlucky or hit a deadspot. Don't bank on more than two trips an hour basically, and you'll be fine. Sometimes you get more, but really...average at two an hour, and see how you go.

Uber very much sees Taxify as a competitor, and they're worried. It took Uber six years to get a phone number, Taxify will get one sooner than that. Taxify works on slow expansion, and I have been utterly flat out doing it.

Simple deal, passengers get charged less, drivers get paid more. Even without the bonus last night, I made ~$270 for around seven hours work on a Sunday.

That's higher than I did doing Uber, definitely.

Drivers are won over by the money, and that's the point. Taxify pays better.
Taxify only being in Australia for less than two months . They burning cash like crazy to keep drivers and pax to use them . They are burning a lot more cash then uber to use to do when they were establishing the Uber name . Weather taxify can sustain or how long can they do this is the question . Obviously they can't keeping paying bonus and discount fare like this forever . Even with Uber high commissions they still Making a loss like to see what the loss did the taxify will have . Uber can just waiting till taxify is running out of cash then Uber match what taxify is doing .taxify is history as they are relying on discount and bonus .if taxify we're doing a slow expansion they would burn the cash slow . Like running a marathon you don't sprint right at the start you just have keep up the pace and increase your speed when it necessary.

#16 · (Edited)
15 trips on Uber generally takes over half a day sometimes full day if the trips are long. I would think 15-20 trips consist 6-10 hours. Really dependent on if you get jobs plus length of said jobs. Doesn't really change platform to platform if there are riders.

Got multiple ridesharing platforms in perth actually. VIPit just went under. Shofer going but they got heaps of empty cars sitting in the warehouse. Yes those two companies offer drivers cars and are on their own platform too so all you need is two hands and feet. Hear people clearing alright $$ but it a full time job and you got to commit to hours. Got two other providers one that doing really well only takes female drivers.

Thing is though every single one of them provide better level of service and beat uber reliability but will never get even 10% of uber market shares the only other player is taxi. Uber never even consider anyone else as competition. I might not know taxify but i know they are bleeding cash and i don't see a way they'll profit when they are trying to undercut Uber and the only reason they are even talked about in these forums is because drivers getting bonus :rolleyes:

Well when Uber came out they gave better bonuses and for the entire year. They captured that market space and unless taxify is going to spend those billions of dollars to win over riders it not going to happen in 2018. Taxify so small the ATO isn't even enforcing GST. I don't particularly like Uber but when one say we are going to kill Uber in Australia :rolleyes: I'm going to point out that no killing is happening.

Maybe a lot of self harm in burning through all that valuable capital down the drain :p Obviously a lot of drivers are bias and just love taxify right now because they are getting paid more and that because of the "bonus". It a good thing but it already at 15 trips for $100. Some old timers that are fossils probably can remember 20 trip for $200 dollars when uber launched. Nothing original about offering driver bonuses. Who they learn off? Uber.

Don't get me wrong uber screws everyone over in the end and diff no fanboy :p

#22 ·
Nope. Uber is very well aware that Taxify is a major competitor, and you can see it on the threads. Uber drivers complaining about it being quiet, Taxify drivers completely flat out.

Taxify has completely destroyed Uber in more than one city, and Uber is very aware of that.

Taxify knows how to keep pax happy, how to keep drivers happy, and worldwide? They're making money, Uber is not.

That should tell you something.

Just a query on the number of rides. Do you have to work certain hours of the day?
I only do mornings from 5.30 to around 12/1pm. Maybe have to work the afternoon rush?
Definitely different to Uber. You really want to hit those targets. I'm doing late nights again to get them due to other things, but do three or four hours in the morning, three or four in the evening, you'll hit fifteen.

#18 ·
No I don't think uber should do anything. They have done enough with the promotion and discounts already . Time to make a profit .
"Time to make a profit."

You're a funny guy :) The only way Über will ever make a profit is if they close down the whole shooting match and put the remaining capital into liquid investments. Then again, perhaps they could up the ante and put it in butcoin and lose it doubly quick. :D

Taxify is burning money like petrol . It just a matter before it run out .
Uber is well known around the world and with a superior app. they have build up lots loyal drivers and pax already no needs to do anything.competion is nothing new to uber I'm sure they know what they're doing .
Actually, you are a much funnier guy than I initially thought. So, where exactly have they built up all these loyal drivers?

I have tears streaming down my face from laughing so hard.

#19 ·
"Time to make a profit."

You're a funny guy :) The only way Über will ever make a profit is if they close down the whole shooting match and put the remaining capital into liquid investments. Then again, perhaps they could up the ante and put it in butcoin and lose it doubly quick. :D

Uber should give shares to drivers as a bonus . Which make us a shareholders of the company. I'm sure every driver don't want to see their share become worthless or lose money . And do whatever to make a profit so we get a dividend at the end of the years This will kill taxify bonus.

"Time to make a profit."

Actually, you are a much funnier guy than I initially thought. So, where exactly have they built up all these loyal drivers?

I have tears streaming down my face from laughing so hard.

Well there still people using uber as a drivers and a pax after all these years .

#30 ·
Both business model failing and both are ponzi schemes. Rich man ponzi scheme and regulators don't really care about rich people losing money but when they go public and all the poor to middle class people start investing with fake worth and all the rich investors cash out. PUMP and DUMP.

Reason why taxi charge the prices they charge is so they don't have to work hundred hours weeks per driver.

This post has been deleted
#38 ·
Maybe not fade out but an equilibrium will stabilise where Uber have X % market share and Taxify have X % market share .... and all Sydney ride-share drivers run both apps to try and make the most money (using whatever strategy works for them!).

#39 ·
Neither Uber nor Taxify knows for sure what will be the outcome, but you, guys, do.

At the moment, Taxify does not set up any fixed physical location. They are flexible with their strategies, weekly strategy as I see it. Does Taxify actually have a long-term strategy in Australia??? Uber does not respond because Uber waits and see...too early to respond.

#40 ·
Still offering bonuses to attract passengers.

"Hi xxxxxxxxx, Taxify driver arrival times are now under 5 mins on avg in Sydney! We are adding $25 to your account to try our service. For each of your next 5 trips, you will get a $5 discount in Sydney. This is ON TOP of our current -25% fare discount. The promotion is valid until Jan 24th. Send STOP to 61428932157 to opt out"

#42 ·
Where is Taxify beating Uber? What are you going on about, post a reference here.
You dont get it, the Uber app is far superior than any other app.
Dont believe it post your metrics here and I will compare 8000 rides with you.
How does Taxify know how to keep PAX happy? What is this nonsense? Are you sane?
Taxify making money... how... show us, what do you know. The facts are ridesharing companies struggle to make money. Didi is an exemption however good luck getting info out of China.
Settle down.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.