Taxi takings in melb suburbs

L5S

Any taxi brothers on here know how taxi takings are going in 2017 now uber has 20,000 drivers in melb?? Thinking of using taxi accreditation to drive wagon or maxi cab

Has uber cut back taxi work eg fares from rank & bookings big time or still going OK worth driving?? Thinking taxi maybe more profit from airport BUT have to wait 2hrs in holding area vs 5-10min wait to get uber fare

Maybe best thing is get white falcon taxi put magnet stickers over 13CABS on side & cover dome so can switch between taxi & uber when feel like it

KenBruceHasGoneMad

Any taxi brothers on here know how taxi takings are going in 2017 now uber has 20,000 drivers in melb?? Thinking of using taxi accreditation to drive wagon or maxi cab

Has uber cut back taxi work eg fares from rank & bookings big time or still going OK worth driving?? Thinking taxi maybe more profit from airport BUT have to wait 2hrs in holding area vs 5-10min wait to get uber fare

Maybe best thing is get white falcon taxi put magnet stickers over 13CABS on side & cover dome so can switch between taxi & uber when feel like it
What does it say on your DA, ?

the bit about white falcons?

yogi bear

50% down on nightshifts, 30% down on days are the rough figures someone told me out at tulla.

A mate used to regularly get $600 Sunday hungry (16~18 hour shift) in a sedan now is lucky to get $400

10~15 years ago I used to get $700~$900 on a Saturday night in a maxi cab. Now I'd get $400~$600 for same hours in a maxi.

Part of this is that from 2005 ~2011 registered maxicab numbers went from 200 to 800 or so, then uber came along and totes wrecked it anyhow.

All the figures are on the meter, taking tips into account take home would be 55-60% of the numbers I quote above.

Before anyone says uber makes more money, please take all short and long term overheads and expens4s into account

Reactions: L5S

KenBruceHasGoneMad

50% down on nightshifts, 30% down on days are the rough figures someone told me out at tulla.

A mate used to regularly get $600 Sunday hungry (16~18 hour shift) in a sedan now is lucky to get $400

10~15 years ago I used to get $700~$900 on a Saturday night in a maxi cab. Now I'd get $400~$600 for same hours in a maxi.

Part of this is that from 2005 ~2011 registered maxicab numbers went from 200 to 800 or so, then uber came along and totes wrecked it anyhow.

All the figures are on the meter, taking tips into account take home would be 55-60% of the numbers I quote above.

Before anyone says uber makes more money, please take all short and long term overheads and expens4s into account
You're right. Yogi.

But, Uber itself, makes money.

What they do with it, God knows.

yogi bear

^^ KenBruceHasGoneMad

1) yah that is true mystery, they're absolutely raking it in with their 25% cut from every uber fare on the planet..
I suspect it's all a tax loss, uber Australia is registered in Netherlands for ducks sake.

2) I meant uber drivers.

No_water

Sounds like lots of $$$$ still in taxis but too many drivers now with uber too

Lots of companies using cabcharge system so cant use uber for many big fares inc airport to far suburbs

Wonder if country areas still good for taxi maybe latrobe valley ?? No uber there
Stay in Clayton with the rest of your brothers

ubermercury

Uber fights whole world including chinese, etc so they threw out billions into the sewer

Uber cut a deal with the Chinese - Didi - they have 17.5% of the Chinese company, from memory. Plus the Chinese invested a billion into Uber.

KenBruceHasGoneMad

Uber cut a deal with the Chinese - Didi - they have 17.5% of the Chinese company, from memory. Plus the Chinese invested a billion into Uber.
Close.
Uber bought...5.89% of the combined equity with equates to preferred equity interest of 17.7% of didi...

Didi invested...$0 dollars into uber.

In a nutshell...

Uber got smashed by didi.