Taxi Medallion Auction, Ouch.....

Inshur

Brooklyn

Well it does say that if they were auctioned individually it woulda been $200k+ a piece. Which is what everyone more or less sees them at anyhow.

jaybx17

I heard each medallion came with a pair of these

images.jpg

Uberinian

The vultures came in and devoured the remains, this does not bode well for current owners under water with their loans.

http://www.crainsnewyork.com/articl...-moguls-foreclosed-medallions-at-1990s-prices
Then you have idiots on this site, thinking they can still get 500k, 750k or even 1million for them still. Lol.

https://nycitycab.com/Business/TaxiMedallionList.aspx

The only thing that can save the nyc yellow taxi industry... Is if they also put a limit to the number of fhv licenses given out, or create a medallians system for black cars.

But the tlc is getting a lot of cash from all the new applications and don't care about the cars flooding the streets

Link_upnyc

Then you have idiots on this site, thinking they can still get 500k, 750k or even 1million for them still. Lol.

https://nycitycab.com/Business/TaxiMedallionList.aspx

The only thing that can save the nyc yellow taxi industry... Is if they also put a limit to the number of fhv licenses given out, or create a medallians system for black cars.

But the tlc is getting a lot of cash from all the new applications and don't care about the cars flooding the streets
Are you just making things up to prove a point now? I have never ever heard anyone say they can get 500k, 750k or a million not here or anywhere.

SpeedracerX

Brah...Did you even read the entire article...
Those are 46 medallions of an greedy owner who cashed in Millions of them already.

It's not individual owners selling for that price!

And read who bought the entire 46 medallions
They were bought by Hedge Fund/ Private Equity firm...Think these folks are just going to invest $9Million in NYC Cabs if they think they are a dying breed ...Lmao !

These guys know how to make money...
They wouldn't do this deal otherwise

And who the hell said they can get $500k+ for a medallion in here ??

Frankyfiggs

Those are 46 medallions of an greedy owner who cashed in Millions of them already.

They were bought by Hedge Fund/ Private Equity firm...Think these folks are just going to invest $9Million in NYC Cabs if they think they are a dying breed ...Lmao !

Thing here is they can sell them for cheaper but finance them at a higher rate than they purchased, which I'm sure they will

Either that or they are buying up medals and sitting on them until driverless cars hit. Or purchased as an intentional loss for tax purposes

tohunt4me

The vultures came in and devoured the remains, this does not bode well for current owners under water with their loans.

http://www.crainsnewyork.com/articl...-moguls-foreclosed-medallions-at-1990s-prices
Well
Uber Drivers are driving at 1970's prices.

I heard each medallion came with a pair of these

View attachment 159519
They will Look Great on the Pedi Cab !

They bought Enron & G.M. also.

michael7227

Hedge funds are notorious for being unprofitable and losing money.

They are known for speculating, buying things that have a 10% chance of taking off. They are unregulated for the most part and only cater to those with money to lose. I wouldn't take anything a hedge fund did as anything smart.

TheFixer1

Do you know what a hedge fund is, all they are doing is speculating, and do you know how many hedge funds have gone belly up.

Uberman8263

Thing here is they can sell them for cheaper but finance them at a higher rate than they purchased, which I'm sure they will

Either that or they are buying up medals and sitting on them until driverless cars hit. Or purchased as an intentional loss for tax purposes
So that's how hedge funds work. They buy assets then sell them for s intentional loss for tax purposes. I thought they were set up to make money. Why waste time reading The WSJ when I have this forum.

Well
Uber Drivers are driving at 1970's prices.

They will Look Great on the Pedi Cab !

They bought Enron & G.M. also.
And Google, Facebook and Amazon.

majxl

So that's how hedge funds work. They buy assets then sell them for s intentional loss for tax purposes. I thought they were set up to make money. Why waste time reading The WSJ when I have this forum.

Uber investor did the same thing. they invested 12 billions with Uber and now they can declare them as loss for tax purpose...

Inshur New York