Taxi is wayyy better than Rideshare

Defensive Driver

Yep. Taxi company gives me a Car, Gas and Union Job Protection. I also don't have to worry about cute little Stars or any complaints .

Riders are much nicer and they give me Cash tips.

There's also Unemployment Benefits in times of Fake Crisis. Taxi guys have it made.

Rideshare is the reason you drivers are being degraded and pathetic.

Think about that for a few minutes before you go Online next time.

ANT 7

Yep. Taxi company gives me a Car, Gas and Union Job Protection. I also don't have to worry about cute little Stars or any complaints .

Riders are much nicer and they give me Cash tips.

There's also Unemployment Benefits in times of Fake Crisis. Taxi guys have it made.

Rideshare is the reason you drivers are being degraded and pathetic.

Think about that for a few minutes before you go Online next time.
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

In my market, taxis, in just 3 years, have lost over 50% of their trips to Uber. Several cabbies are now driving for Uber as a result. You see their yellow cars everywhere, with black 3M film covering the taxi company info on the sides of the vehicles.

Taxi driver's where I live are con men, rude, ignorant, and simply @@@@@@@@ for the most part.

Taxi's are 30-40% overpriced as well. Imagine, the taxi fare stickers on their windows have an $8 charge if the cabbie has to get off his fat ass to put your bag in the trunk.....think about that for a minute.

No one is going to rob me for my app......as I don't carry cash.

Our government here just gave us income support if we do not drive. In my case it is about 50% of what I normally made anyways. I don't need it either, but it was a nice gesture.

Enjoy the remaining time that you have left before you join travel agents, department stores, and those guys who made whips for horse and buggy driver's.

so, there are no negatives to being a taxi driver? None at all? If true, how come RS was born? Sure, taxi's have it made at the airport and certain hotels and resorts. But otherwise? What else? Just curious as to why not all RS go to taxi mode; if it is so positive and rewarding.
RS was born because it could be requested through an app. Plus drivers were willing to drive for Cheap in their own cars.

SHalester

RS was born because it could be requested through an app
Pretty sure everybody knows that. My question is to the OP if there are any negatives to be a taxi driver and why more RS don't migrate to being a taxi driver. Crickets so far.
btw, taxis are on the Uber platform, tho I've never understood why. Also, there are some taxis you can request from an app; just saying.

Pretty sure everybody knows that. My question is to the OP if there are any negatives to be a taxi driver and why more RS don't migrate to being a taxi driver. Crickets so far.
btw, taxis are on the Uber platform, tho I've never understood why. Also, there are some taxis you can request from an app; just saying.
Most drivers don’t know how to hustle. Remember mama uber gives u every ride. There are many negatives to the taxi biz.
Post automatically merged:

duh. paying customers vote with their dollars.
Yup that’s you will be driving for 30 cents a mile soon

All this will be bad for a long time

SHalester

There are many negatives to the taxi biz
and yet the OP hasn't answered. huh.
Hustle? Not all drivers are doing this full time, in fact, a minority do. Some of us just do it for the time and extra net cash. In a career you hustle; RS is not a career that anybody 'aims' for.

Still waiting from OP why being a taxi driver is the place to be.

What happens when someone takes a taxi and runs without paying?

Also not too keen on carrying that much cash around.
I’ve had a few rides under $10. Payment was a problem. They never run away. You just lose a 6-7 dollars. No long rides without cash up front.

is that why you are passively answering for the OP? Taxi drivers make more money? Really? That's the debate to become a taxi driver? Gosh, one wonders why more don't do it, aye?
I was making good money for a bit. Not everyone is me though.

The OP is an employee. He doesn’t lease the cab

Read the post

BostonTaxiDriver

so, there are no negatives to being a taxi driver? None at all? If true, how come RS was born? Sure, taxi's have it made at the airport and certain hotels and resorts. But otherwise? What else? Just curious as to why not all RS go to taxi mode; if it is so positive and rewarding.
But isn't Las Vegas the rare exception for taxi drivers? Aren't they all in a union there, with health insurance and perhaps holiday and sick pay amongst other benefits?

Not so probably in 99% of America, where they're simply independent contractors, whether they own or rent by the shift. No workers' comp, no health insurance or any other benefits. No unemployment (at least in non-pandemic times).

Doesn't seem that sweet to me.

Many shifts over the yesrs, even pre- Uber, I made way less than minimum wage, even after tips were added. Sometimes I was in the negative, even after most pax had tipped, due to so few rides in my 12-hour shift.

And for the hundredth time, taxis are never more $$ than Uber if not going far, especially nowadays after Uber price increases over the years.... about 1/2 miie up to a mile or even more. At least in Boston and likely most urban areas. And no booking fee in cabs, and likely no $5 minimum or so just to get in. That's what makes Uber more than taxis for the short run!

And if pax simply doesn't want the cab after it arrives? No problem, as there's no $5 cancel fee -- unlike on Uber.

In fairness, yes, taxis do cost much more when going far, unless Uber is surging highly. But most Uber pax don't go far, as we all know!

Defensive Driver

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Tough guy alert. Let me guess... you make 6 figure income with Rideshare.

Taxi is better than Rideshare in terms of comparing Apples to Apples. I already gave you my reasons.

You can keep being a sucka and keep driving for Rideshare. Sadly, there are many pathetic losers flooding the streets with their apps.

People who don't have access to a credit/debit card, take taxi. Seems taxi drivers would get more of the shady people.
Complete opposite. There are more shady Riders in Rideshare. All the bums went to the cheap lowly Rideshare. Only the cool Riders left on Taxi.